ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Seven damn long years...)

Was Roger the best pitcher on the 1983 staff?
The 1983 staff won the National Championship with Roger taking the mound in the championship. Are you saying the two teams that Roger and Kody played on are equal? If Kody wins the CWS then you can make the comparison otherwise it is pretty ridiculous. Roger was a 2-time All-American and National Champion while Kody has only put it all together this season.

The 1983 staff won the National Championship with Roger taking the mound in the championship. Are you saying the two teams that Roger and Kody played on are equal? If Kody wins the CWS then you can make the comparison otherwise it is pretty ridiculous. Roger was a 2-time All-American and National Champion while Kody has only put it all together this season.
I asked if he was the best pitcher on the staff? Stick to that.

You are quoted in this thread as saying he was never an All-American. Stick to facts. Your condescending tone is pitiful. Still waiting on where you rank Simmons and Embiid in today's NBA.

Reactions: RobDIII

Your argument is sorta like asking "is Steph Curry the best player on the Warriors?" At worst he was the second best pitcher on an absolutely LOADED pitching staff that had 4 pitchers drafted that summer.

Was he the best pitcher on the 1982 staff?

Let his son get to Omaha and be part of a NC team before YOU decide he is the best Clemens ever on the 40 Acres. All-American for one very good year, be damned.
VSanMxh.jpg

Showing his usual ignorance on all things sports

You are quoted in this thread as saying he was never an All-American. Stick to facts. Your condescending tone is pitiful. Still waiting on where you rank Simmons and Embiid in today's NBA.
My condescending tone?

Roger wasn't an All-American.

Why are you waiting on me to rank Simmons and Embiid in today's NBA?

Your argument is sorta like asking "is Steph Curry the best player on the Warriors?" At worst he was the second best pitcher on an absolutely LOADED pitching staff that had 4 pitchers drafted that summer.
Was Roger an All-American? Is his son going to be?

Was he the best pitcher on the 1982 staff?

Let his son get to Omaha and be part of a NC team before YOU decide he is the best Clemens ever on the 40 Acres. All-American for one very good year, be damned.
Fair enough.

I doubt his father would disagree with me.

Roger was a 2 time All-American. Why won't you rank them?
From the school website:

Honors
- Two-year Letterwinner (1982-83)
- Southwest Conference All-Tournament Team (1982)
- NCAA Central Regional All-Tournament Team (1982-83)
- Preseason All-American - Collegiate Baseball (1983)
- Longhorn Hall of Honor Inductee (1994)
- Texas Sports & Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee (1998)
- 7-time Cy Young Award Winner (1986, 1987, 1991, 1997, 1998, 2001 & 2004)
- 10-time Major League All-Star (1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003 & 2004)
- American League MVP (1986)

From the school website:

Honors
- Two-year Letterwinner (1982-83)
- Southwest Conference All-Tournament Team (1982)
- NCAA Central Regional All-Tournament Team (1982-83)
- Preseason All-American - Collegiate Baseball (1983)
- Longhorn Hall of Honor Inductee (1994)
- Texas Sports & Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee (1998)
- 7-time Cy Young Award Winner (1986, 1987, 1991, 1997, 1998, 2001 & 2004)
- 10-time Major League All-Star (1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003 & 2004)
- American League MVP (1986)
My bad then. Went off of his Wikipedia which is incorrect I guess.

@Hornstache how exactly would you like me to rank them? I want to do exactly what you want me to do, so you can stop waiting.

My bad then. Went off of his Wikipedia which is incorrect I guess.
I'm not saying Roger Clemens wasn't an outstanding player for Texas or that he didn't accomplish more. I'm saying as an individual, his son's status as an All-American allows him to have created a legacy that is separate and at least in one way better than his amazing father's legacy.

I'm not saying Clemens was an outstanding player for Texas or that he didn't accomplish more. I'm saying as an individual, his son's status as an All-American allows him to have created a legacy that is separate and at least in one way better.
Fair enough and that is a good way to state your opinion.

No. 4 - Deserving of its own section ...

Love seeing the Texas football program invest time in its players future outside of football and I thought this deserved its own section.

There’s still such a thing as “dress codes”? Who knew?

Top overall players. If you want to give their rank by position that would be solid as well.
By position

PG

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Chris Paul
5. Damion Lillard
6. John Wall
7. Ben Simmons

SG

1. James Harden
2. Klay Thompson
3. Jimmy Butler
4. Donovan Mitchell
5. Demar Derozen
6. Victor Oladipo
7. Bradley Beal
8. C.J. McCollum

SF

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Paul George
4. Kris Middleton
5. Andrew Wiggins
6. Brandon Ingram
7. Jason Tatum

PF

1. Anthony Davis
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
3. Draymond Green
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Lamarcus Aldridge
6. Blake Griffin
7. Kevin Love

C

1. Joel Embiid
2. Boogie Cousins
3. Nikola Jokic
4. Karl-Anthony-Townes
5. Al Horford
6. Mark Gasol
7. Andre Drummond

Overall Top 15

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. Hardin
4. Anthony Davis
5. Steph
6. Russ
7. Klay Thompson
8. Giannis Antetokounmpo
9. Embiid
10. Kyrie
11. Cp3
12. Jimmy Butler
13. Draymond Green
14. Lillard
15. Paul George

Reactions: Hornstache
I'm not saying Roger Clemens wasn't an outstanding player for Texas or that he didn't accomplish more. I'm saying as an individual, his son's status as an All-American allows him to have created a legacy that is separate and at least in one way better than his amazing father's legacy.

You probably should have started and finished with this.

By position

PG

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Chris Paul
5. Damion Lillard
6. John Wall
7. Ben Simmons

SG

1. James Harden
2. Klay Thompson
3. Jimmy Butler
4. Donovan Mitchell
5. Demar Derozen
6. Victor Oladipo
7. Bradley Beal
8. C.J. McCollum

SF

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Paul George
4. Kris Middleton
5. Andrew Wiggins
6. Brandon Ingram
7. Jason Tatum

PF

1. Anthony Davis
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
3. Draymond Green
4. Kristaps Porzingis
5. Lamarcus Aldridge
6. Blake Griffin
7. Kevin Love

C

1. Joel Embiid
2. Boogie Cousins
3. Nikola Jokic
4. Karl-Anthony-Townes
5. Al Horford
6. Mark Gasol
7. Andre Drummond

Overall Top 15

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. Hardin
4. Anthony Davis
5. Steph
6. Russ
7. Klay Thompson
8. Giannis Antetokounmpo
9. Embiid
10. Kyrie
11. Cp3
12. Jimmy Butler
13. Draymond Green
14. Lillard
15. Paul George
Not a bad list. Thanks I appreciate the effort you put into that. Where do you rank Kawhi if he returns healthy next year? The reason I ask is because you have other players like Kyrie and Boogie that also finished the year injured.

Not a bad list. Thanks I appreciate the effort you put into that. Where do you rank Kawhi if he returns healthy next year? The reason I ask is because you have other players like Kyrie and Boogie that also finished the year injured.
Kawhi would be my No.3 SF and he'd be No.6 or No.7 on my list. Hell, maybe top five.

Reactions: Hornstache
That's pretty much what was said in the article.

LOL. You literally started with:

Let's start with this ... he's a better college baseball player than his old man ... yanno ... that guy that has his number retired.

AND finished with:

We're going to remember Kody Clemens for a long time around here and it's going to have much more to do with what he's personally accomplished this season than anything the second-best Clemens on the 40 Acres achieved 35 years ago.

was there a surprise? something you were looking for?

ADVERTISEMENT