ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Spring football advice)

ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg

(Buy) Overshown defeats A. Collins
(Buy) Sweat defeats C. Jones
(Buy) Roschon defeats J. Ford
(Sell) Whittington defeats G. Helm
(Sell) J. Sanders defeats E. Burke
(Buy) Bijan defeats in prime Reggie Bush
(Buy) Arch defeats Ewers
(Buy) Banks defeats Coburn
(Sell) X. Worthy defeats Coach Banks
(Buy) Coach Choice defeats J. Brooks

Is this one of those implicit bias things? Asking for a friend.

When I think of last ye running backs, I see Roschon just barreling over people. Bijan was amazing, but Roschon, who came in as a quarterback, meant so much to the team in so many ways. Gonna miss both of them
He's damn good. Hard to replace.

Man I loved me some Ron Franklin. He called the Oilers games and was great. Along with UT basketball and NCAA basketball. Honorable mention should go to Gary Bender. He was phenomenal calling March Madness games back in the day.
I made a point to listen to games Franklin called when I was a kid.

Reactions: Let em Hang
Richardson is the ultimate Boom or bust guy If you draft him in the top 5 & he is a bust people will lose their jobs. Not the same with Young or Stroud.
On your announcer list how about Al Maguire & Billy Packer back in the day they were so great on college basketball

Richardson is the ultimate Boom or bust guy If you draft him in the top 5 & he is a bust people will lose their jobs. Not the same with Young or Stroud.
On your announcer list how about Al Maguire & Billy Packer back in the day they were so great on college basketball
Basketball wasn't considered.

Little surprised that there was more discussion about the passing of Jeff Ontiveros. I thought that section might connect more than it did.

Seriously? What is that based on?
The guy often moved forward for extra yards in a crowd when it seemed unlikely given his stature and the running lane. Some exhibit the gift. .

My favorite play by play guy since I've been following Texas football was Bill Schoening. The Longhorns have had the best run of play by play guys in the history of college football. Just total killers.
Schoening was great!!

Ketch your lack of appreciation for Ewers is amazing. The kid was a true freshman playing QB at a power 5 school with Wr's that didn't know the plays which included an immature Diva in Worthy and he put up very solid and respectable numbers. The offensive line was you and inconsistent which made the running game inconsistent. The fact that PFF has him being drafted at #30 if he was draft eligible this year should tell you all you need to know about his generational talent.

If X, Mitchell, Whittington and Sanders put up good enough numbers to have a legitimate opportunities to go pro this coming year then Ewers will most likely be putting up Heisman like numbers. Did Ewers spurn you for an interview or an autograph?? Sure seems that way. If this was Klubnik you would be singing from the mountain tops.

Ketch your lack of appreciation for Ewers is amazing. The kid was a true freshman playing QB at a power 5 school with Wr's that didn't know the plays which included an immature Diva in Worthy and he put up very solid and respectable numbers. The offensive line was you and inconsistent which made the running game inconsistent. The fact that PFF has him being drafted at #30 if he was draft eligible this year should tell you all you need to know about his generational talent.

If X, Mitchell, Whittington and Sanders put up good enough numbers to have a legitimate opportunities to go pro this coming year then Ewers will most likely be putting up Heisman like numbers. Did Ewers spurn you for an interview or an autograph?? Sure seems that way. If this was Klubnik you would be singing from the mountain tops.
I have a lack of appreciation for Ewers?

It appears that way. My only point is we need to keep things in perspective with Q. He is essentially a true Sophomore this coming year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT