ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Staff Battle Royal: UT vs OU vs. A&M)

PTA IN MY TOP 3. Watch it every Thanksgiving. Question. Are there any other Thanksgiving set movies? I am at a loss.
Dutch.

Scent of a Woman might technically count if Die Hard counts as a Christmas movie.

Boomerang has a great Thanksgiving scene.

You sure put in a lot of work on your three-way coaches' rankings. I hope the results are fruitful sooner than later.
I will always love "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. " I cannot forget Clarissa (Jean Arthur) coaching Jefferson Smith (James Stewart) through his filibuster, or Senator Paine (Claude Rains) having a meltdown when his conscience overcomes his greed.
Dirty Dancing--you bet. Every time I see it, I wish Jennifer Gray never got the nose job.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Trojan War. I sure hope the lesson Sark most took from Carroll is leveraging the local resources.

Austin probably falls only second in the CFB world to LA when it comes to glamour. Particularly these days. So much better than Norman or College Station. And that stuff is important to kids. Sell the glamour. Sark has some Pete in him.
"I can't believe we lost to them suckers from Texas!"😂😂

You sure put in a lot of work on your three-way coaches' rankings. I hope the results are fruitful sooner than later.
I will always love "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. " I cannot forget Clarissa (Jean Arthur) coaching Jefferson Smith (James Stewart) through his filibuster, or Senator Paine (Claude Rains) having a meltdown when his conscience overcomes his greed.
Dirty Dancing--you bet. Every time I see it, I wish Jennifer Gray never got the nose job.
Jennifer Gray never turned into a big star after that. Seems kind of messed up.

Nah, I got your back.

I've reached that point in life where dog movies are pretty much out...talked myself into The Art of Racing in the Rain recently knowing what was gonna go down...damn good movie, but, I was an emotional wreck afterward & hugged & petted Jessie for the next hour.

The ending of The Grey does it for me every time.

Reactions: DrothmanII
I've reached that point in life where dog movies are pretty much out...talked myself into The Art of Racing in the Rain recently knowing what was gonna go down...damn good movie, but, I was an emotional wreck afterward & hugged & petted Jessie for the next hour.

1612190910988.png

Reactions: longball64

once was too much...

tenor.gif

Yeah I don’t do dog movies. Can’t handle the endings.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
- Great original research. That wasn't an easy task. Fantastic job.

- Riley is technically Oklahoma's QB coach and I'd give him a 10 in the recruiting department.

- Steve Sarkisian vs. Lincoln Riley as OCs could be something to watch for years.

- I agree with you on Casey Thompson's upside. I can't see him losing the job.

- Jaws scared me as a kid. To this day I prefer pools over oceans.

- Texas should be able to sign any kid from Westlake it wants. Curious to see if Sarkisian can overcome Klubnik's A&M roots, does he flip Quinn Ewers, or is it all about Maalik Murphy? Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Terry Price and Elijah Robinson are the ace recruiters for Aggy. Robinson is an emerging star. Look at what these 2 have stacked up in the past 3 years on the DL:

5 star Tunmise Adeleye (Texas)
5 star Shemar Turner (Texas)
4 star Marcus Burris (Texas)
4 star Elijah Jeudy (Philadelphia)
4 star Jahzion Harris (New York)
3 star Albert Regis (Texas)

5 star McKinley Jackson (Mississippi)
5 star Donnell Harris (Florida)
4 star Isaiah Raikes (New Jersey)
4 star Dallas Walker (Tennessee)
4 star Fadil Diggs (NJ)
2 star Jordan Jefferson (Texas - Sumlin commit)

5 star Demarvin Leal (Texas)
4 star Braeden Mowry (Texas)
4 star Josh Ellison (Texas)
3 star Derrick Hunter (Florida)

Reactions: SVR45
I like the movie question....

1. What is the first film I remember seeing?

The Jungle Book. I was 7 in 1976 and I remember being in awe of the movie and more in awe of being in a theater!

2. What is the movie that made me cry the most?

My Life (the 1993 version). Definitely a rough ride for me. Dads in trouble movies get to me...see Pursuit of Happyness BTW, when Gus died in Lonesome Dove, cried like a school girl. My Life Trailer

3. What is the movie that scared me the most?

The Shining....drove me nuts. Recently, Hereditary made me clench up the whole time and I was so glad when it was over.

4. What movie do I like that no one else likes, but I think they are crazy because it’s awesome?

Starship Troopers....one of my favorite sci-fi movies but none of my friends care a sh*t about it. I fell in love with Denise Richards that day.

5. What is the movie that I used to love that I don’t love any more?

ET. Sorry

6. The movie that you find to be the most sentimental to you?

The Polar Express. From many years, my kids and I used to watch it almost every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas in front of a fire, hot chocolate, popcorn....and then they grew up...

7. The sexiest movie of all-time?

9 1/2 Weeks.

8. Most relatable movie?

Stand By Me. That's what I did every weekend (w/o the body at the end)

9. The worst film I have ever seen?

Moulin Rouge...only movie I've ever walked out on. Can't believe I even allowed my lady to drag me into it. God awful. Johnny Mnemonic was equally as bad.

10. Movie that made me laugh the hardest?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail closely followed by Team America World Police. Oh, and Animal House...

11. The movie I would be buried with?

Forrest Gump

Bonus movies...

12. Best movie in last 5 years?

Hell or High Water

13. Best animated movie?

Aladdin 1a. Shrek 1b

14. Movie that changed my life?

Point Break (the original)

14. Movie few know about but should?

3 o'clock High

15. Movie I'll watch every time it's on?

Red Dawn (original)
Roadhouse (not sure why....)

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
- Great original research. That wasn't an easy task. Fantastic job.

- Riley is technically Oklahoma's QB coach and I'd give him a 10 in the recruiting department.

- Steve Sarkisian vs. Lincoln Riley as OCs could be something to watch for years.

- I agree with you on Casey Thompson's upside. I can't see him losing the job.

- Jaws scared me as a kid. To this day I prefer pools over oceans.

- Texas should be able to sign any kid from Westlake it wants. Curious to see if Sarkisian can overcome Klubnik's A&M roots, does he flip Quinn Ewers, or is it all about Maalik Murphy? Can't wait to see how it plays out.
a. Thank you. It was rather time consuming. ;)

b. Riley is just a 10. Period.

c. Sark better be as good as Texas hopes he is.

d. I could still see Card winning the job. I'm not saying he will, but it's still very possible. He's a stud.

f. Jaws never scared me for some reason. Maybe I just didn't live around water.

g. Texas has a very mixed history at Westlake in a lot of sports. It's relationship status would be "It's complicated"

Reactions: Anwar Richardson
I saw Old Yeller as a kid. To this day its the only movie that has brought me to tears.
I watched where the Red Fern Grows with my granny as a kid. To this day, you could scratch me a $1,000 check to watch it and I'd say no. It hit me that hard. Maybe I'm warped but I can't stand seeing a dog die on TV, much harder than seeing a person kick it. It's hard enough in real life as I sit here looking at my two Boston Terriers sleeping.

ADVERTISEMENT