ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Talking Buechele, Carrington, Shaka and more...)

- So we have two true freshmen QBs. That speaks for itself.

- Then we have one QB who is currently injured and has never been completely healthy during his two year career at Texas. Currently the guy is undergoing surgery. You detailed that injury above in depth.

- Then we have another QB who is a true sophomore....and while he is fun to watch, he also makes poor decisions in critical situations and has concussion issues.

That's not anywhere close to being an ideal situation. If Herman doesn't want to end up being in the same boat as Strong, he should be seriously looking around for an experienced hand.
Who described the Texas quarterback situation as ideal? I was listing reasons why a transfer quarterback might not find it ideal.

Um, later in this very thread, a couple of posts down, you indicate that I’m confirming your approach from the other thread by using SJW. Are you really this dense?

Look, you type a lot of words. Maybe you have issues. Whatever. I like Shaka too. All I’m asking that you take ownership of what you actually say and admit when you get it wrong. Or accept that we can lose faith in a coach without being evil incarnate.

But rather you just SJW. Oh well.
giphy.gif

It has already started. Freshman quarterbacks reign. Every year it is the same thing. We are not going to win big if we have a freshman quarterback start a game. They make mistakes. For some reason sports reporters think it makes good copy so it continues to pop up. Freshman quarterbacks should redshirt and be given a chance to mature. It would be best for the team and best for the quarterback.
Don't confuse anything I said with me suggesting it's optimal to be forced to play another freshman quarterback.

I grew up surrounded by Tonya Hardings. Maybe all of DC will watch it, and the light bulb will go off, and they'll realize the issues related to poverty & dysfunction are far more a result of a lack of quality parents than a lack of money. If you have loving, nurturing parents that push education & encourage you..........the sky is the limit. If you don't, it's a really low ceiling, and few will be lucky to break through it.
Harding's lack of education was just another death blow against her. It stacks up quickly.

Harding's lack of education was just another death blow against her. It stacks up quickly.
None of which makes it acceptable to condone or participate in, tacitly or otherwise, the infliction of injury to another person
who is not physically threatening you.

Reactions: DrothmanII
a. What fans were flamed? Serious question.
b. Do some homework.

If by 'fans' you mean customers, some might say you flame us regularly.

But at least in this case, I think you just transposed your flames and your fans. :rolleyes:

Not surprised I would feel sympathy for someone that has been abused mentally and physically for more than 20 years, starting when she was a small child?

I would hope so.
How do you know how much of the movie is an accurate depiction of Harding's life compared to how much the movie is designed to sell tickets? In general, movies are a poor place to get an accurate depiction of real life events but a great place to be entertained

Um, later in this very thread, a couple of posts down, you indicate that I’m confirming your approach from the other thread by using SJW. Are you really this dense?

Look, you type a lot of words. Maybe you have issues. Whatever. I like Shaka too. All I’m asking that you take ownership of what you actually say and admit when you get it wrong. Or accept that we can lose faith in a coach without being evil incarnate.

But rather you just SJW. Oh well.
my apologies but I missed the initial intro of "SJW". Can someone explain what that means to me?

No. 10 – And Finally …

Don't turn away from this story. Educate yourself. Ask questions. Don't be afraid to think answers need to be demanded.

Damn, I don't condone suicide and I hate that the father took his life. But...how could you look into your daughter's eyes without breaking down after something like that. She told you, but you didn't believe her? I don't know how I could have gone on after something like that and I don't even have a kid yet.

None of which makes it acceptable to condone or participate in, tacitly or otherwise, the infliction of injury to another person
who is not physically threatening you.
I don't think you'll find anyone that disagrees with you.

Reactions: NativeTex
How do you know how much of the movie is an accurate depiction of Harding's life compared to how much the movie is designed to sell tickets? In general, movies are a poor place to get an accurate depiction of real life events but a great place to be entertained
Truth! Hollywood has a history of making sh*t up to promote some agenda.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
Because I've done homework.

I don't like pre judging without all the facts. Having said that, the information coming out about Nassar
Michagan State and others is more than heinous. It is very disturbing to say the least.
Here is a fact: Nasser has been convicted for many of his deplorable actions. Here is an opinion: We should execute monsters like him.

Lifetime Cowboys fan here. If the Patriots franchise never wins another game I will celebrate, celebrate, and celebrate. Even against the Eagles.
Same here, I'm very, very torn.
My dad said it perfectly, we don't want the Eagles to ever win a Super Bowl, but we don't want the Patriots to win any more ever again (in hopes that Dallas winning ways will start up again soon and we can return to our rightful spot with the most SB rings.)

Reactions: Dualthreat
Same here, I'm very, very torn.
My dad said it perfectly, we don't want the Eagles to ever win a Super Bowl, but we don't want the Patriots to win any more ever again (in hopes that Dallas winning ways will start up again soon and we can return to our rightful spot with the most SB rings.)
Let me make this easy for you.

Dallas will never win a Super Bowl again.

Some of you really struggle to process information and then act quite ugly when doing so.
I wasn’t trying to be ugly. I probably should have been less flippant. I don’t condone anything Nasser or Harding did. Although they are completely different cases and levels, a reasonable discussion can be had (apparently not here) about the effects of an abusive (mental and physical) childhood and/or mental disorders on our society. Have no idea what Nasser’s childhood was like and don’t know what to believe on Harding’s. But our society should want to dig deep into these effects on people and how it may manifest into horrible adult behavior. Everyone is quick to slam Nassr’s nuts in a vice or worse (and is my initial reaction, especially as a dad of two girls). But after we punish these folks we need to address why they did what they did and try to change and avoid it in other people with same circumstances/influences. We can’t just judge and punish people and not try to avoid addressing any underlying influences.

P.S. not sure any of this belongs on a Sports website anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT