ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (TCU is a bit of a free hit for UT)

Quarter horses start fast and run for short distances. Thoroughbreds run long distances and run all four quarters. Wish the Longhorns would be more like thoroughbreds and play four quarters.

Quarter horses start fast and run for short distances. Thoroughbreds run long distances and run all four quarters. Wish the Longhorns would be more like thoroughbreds and play four quarters.
This weekend would be a good start.

Reactions: boernefan
... I'm really starting to believe that we're watching Nick Saban's last year. Does he really want to break in a new quarterback? Does he really want to coach in the NIL world?

I've been saying this since seeing Jalen Milroe play against A&M and questioning what their team looks like next year without Bryce Young.

Do I think he walks away after this year? Probably not, but there are so many reasons why it makes sense and it is probably the ideal time for him to get out.

They have slipped behind Georgia in the SEC over the last two years, they have a ton of uncertainty at QB once Young is gone, he is on the record not being a fan of the NIL era, he can't be a fan of a 12 team playoff structure and how much harder it becomes to win multiple championships, he has to be sick of the alumni, he can walk away today as the GOAT with nothing left to prove, he is 71 years old, and he certainly doesn't need the money.

Either way, I do think we have seen him win his last championship at Alabama.

I've been saying this since seeing Jalen Milroe play against A&M and questioning what their team looks like next year without Bryce Young.

Do I think he walks away after this year? Probably not, but there are so many reasons why it makes sense and it is probably the ideal time for him to get out.

They have slipped behind Georgia in the SEC over the last two years, they have a ton of uncertainty at QB once Young is gone, he is on the record not being a fan of the NIL era, he can't be a fan of a 12 team playoff structure and how much harder it becomes to win multiple championships, he has to be sick of the alumni, he can walk away today as the GOAT with nothing left to prove, he is 71 years old, and he certainly doesn't need the money.

Either way, I do think we have seen him win his last championship at Alabama.
agreed

Just to be clear...

Rolling stone ranked Prince as the

* No.33 guitarist of all-time
* No.18 song-writer of all-time
* No.2 live performer in 2013

This doesn't include that he played 26 other instruments.

Throw in the fact that no one did sex in music better than he did...

It's stunning to see the pushback. It's like some of you know our woman wanted to have sex with him and are a little bitter about it. 🤣
You can throw in the fact that he could dunk a basketball in high school at only 5'9" if you need a tiebreaker but from what I'm reading , you don't need one .
I'm not a music guy but was never really interested in listening/watching Prince but did enjoy listening to someone like Michael Jackson .

That's got to be catered to performance.
That's got to be catered to performance.
No, I think he had a great voice along with being a great performer.

Record producer John Owen Williams says of Elvis:

People talk of his range and power, his ability and ease in hitting the high notes. But the real difference between Elvis and other singers was that he could sing majestically in any style, be it rock, country, or R&B – because he had soul. He sang from the heart. And that is what made him the greatest singer in the history of popular music.
Opera star Kiri Te Kanawa told Michael Parkinsonthat the young Elvis had the greatest voice she had ever heard. The tenor Placido Domingo similarly enthused in an interview in Spanish magazine Hola in 1994: “His was the one voice I wish to have had.” Welsh bass-baritone Bryn Terfel told The New York Times in 2007 that Presley was: “… very classically orientated with his voice and diction and very sincere and wanting to get everything perfect.”

No, I think he had a great voice along with being a great performer.

Record producer John Owen Williams says of Elvis:

Opera star Kiri Te Kanawa told Michael Parkinsonthat the young Elvis had the greatest voice she had ever heard. The tenor Placido Domingo similarly enthused in an interview in Spanish magazine Hola in 1994: “His was the one voice I wish to have had.” Welsh bass-baritone Bryn Terfel told The New York Times in 2007 that Presley was: “… very classically orientated with his voice and diction and very sincere and wanting to get everything perfect.”
Elvis was a great singer. Don't confuse my thoughts with saying that he wasn't.

what made Michael's appeal to you?
I "connected" better with his music and never did with Prince .
Most of my friends/family feel the same way.
I think Price is very talented as you have eloquently pointed out but his music does not resonate with me.
Bruce Springsteen is another musician that I don't dig but many people do .
It is just a personal preference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT