ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The case against making the playoff ...)

I’m sorry. You take the CFP berth and take your chances that you catch Bama on an off night or, they suffer their own Colt McCoy moment and aria goes down

Reactions: marinehorn
Has anybody seen Duvernay break a tackle and run???

2 Live Crew and MC Hammer were the best concerts. .
This. People need to quit thinking we just aren’t using DD correctly. Yes, he needs some better balls thrown his way, but he is straight line fast and that’s it.

Reactions: gfrank50
What if we win the Big 12, don't make the playoff, and then get our asses kicked by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl? How good would that look? It could happen. I doubt it would but they do have more talent than us.

In 2008 Texas beat #1 OU by 10 points on a neutral field with 1 week to prepare. #1 Florida beat OU by 10 points in what was essentially a home game for Florida with 32 days to prepare.

I don’t buy the argument that Texas wouldn’t have beaten Florida because they barely beat Ohio State. Texas had no desire to play in that Fiesta Bowl, and Ohio State wanted that win BADLY.
Completely agree. Also keep in mind that Oklahoma actually moved the ball pretty well early but had a ton of holding calls that took big plays away. I think they lost their focus and the game absolutely could have gone the other way. Texas wins that game imo

Reactions: teflojr
What if we win the Big 12, don't make the playoff, and then get our asses kicked by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl? How good would that look? It could happen. I doubt it would but they do have more talent than us.
would be a disappointment, but not much impact off the field IMO. would leave the team thirsty.

We are half way through the season. At this point we are no where close to being ready to be in the final four. Let's see where we are at the end of the season. We are on the come back trail. Let's not jump ahead of our abilities. We would be better off playing in a good bowl than getting embarrased in the playoff. If that is where we are at the end of the season. Presently we have won four games, three in a row, by one score.

Reactions: jjm7878
I'm not sure I understand you having an issue with WVU being ranked higher than A&M, yet you rank UGA higher than Texas, even though they are yet to post a quality win this season.
Are you directly comparing last year's national runner-up with West Virginia?

Ten 10 best concerts? I’ll try to do ten favorites. No special order.

Robert Earl Keen Jr at Cactus Cafe
Frank Zappa at Palmer Auditorium
Stevie Ray Vaughan at Houston Music Hall
The Kinks at the Summit in Houston
Supertramp at the Houston Coliseum
Yes at the Houston Coliseum
T-Birds/ZZ Top/Rolling Stones at the Astrodome
Jethro Tull at The Summit
Shawn Phillips at Houston Music Hall
Electric Light Orchestra at the Summit has to be here for the flying saucer

Reactions: TLG1
Best concerts:

1. U2 - Reunion Arena 1985
2. REM - Austin Coliseum 1986
3. The Rolling Stones - Sun Bowl 2006
4. Bruce Springsteen - Reunion Arena 1984
5. The Police - The Meadows 1983

Last edited:
Reactions: Sixth Street
Ten 10 best concerts? I’ll try to do ten favorites. No special order.

Robert Earl Keen Jr at Cactus Cafe
Frank Zappa at Palmer Auditorium
Stevie Ray Vaughan at Houston Music Hall
The Kinks at the Summit in Houston
Supertramp at the Houston Coliseum
Yes at the Houston Coliseum
T-Birds/ZZ Top/Rolling Stones at the Astrodome
Jethro Tull at The Summit
Shawn Phillips at Houston Music Hall
Electric Light Orchestra at the Summit has to be here for the flying saucer
quality list!

Best concerts:

1. U2 - Reunion Arena 1985
2. REM - Austin Coliseum 1986
3. The Rolling Stones - Sun Bowl 2006
4. Bruce Springsteen - Reunion Arena 1985
5. The Police - The Meadows 1983
another very quality list

Reactions: pasotex
Of course that’s your #1 rated concert attended.... of course it is.

Are you directly comparing last year's national runner-up with West Virginia?
Not sure how you got that from what I said. I am comparing their place in the standings versus other teams. Neither team has a quality win this season, yet one you say could be ranked behind a two loss team who is also lacking a quality win, but the other you have above multiple one loss teams with better wins on their résumé. Send quite arbitrary and flawed

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I am comparing their place in the standings versus other teams. Neither team has a quality win this season, yet one you say could be ranked behind a two loss team who is also lacking a quality win, but the other you have above multiple one loss teams with better wins on their résumé. Send quite arbitrary and flawed
My eyes tell me West Virginia and UGA aren't the same thing.

Reactions: HawgDriver1
@Ketchum
Option B in the poll question is phrased in such a manner that ensures the 30 point loss to Bama is a predetermined outcome. This leaves Texas with ZERO chance of winning that game. We all know that's not how it works in the real world. Every competitor wants a shot at the champ - no matter how small the percentage. In the real world, that percentage is always greater than ZERO. But, not how it's phrased in this poll question. It is a guaranteed (predetermined) blowout loss. Thinking otherwise, is reading something into option B that is not stated therein. I'm pretty sure that this is why the results are closely divided down the middle.

Rephrase Option B to say: Run the table, win the Big 12, make the playoff, have a very slim chance of beating Bama and a very high probability of getting blown out by Bama, finish 1st or 6th?

Life is about taking chances. Option B, as phrased in the poll question, gives Texas no chance to beat Bama.
I think a lot more people would choose option B if it were not a predetermined outcome.

As for me, this week, I'm choosing the invisible option
C.) Beat Ok State and go 1-0 in week 8!

Reactions: tex17 and OSWALT
Favorite concerts in no particular order

Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Crosby, Stills, & Nash
The Cure
Bauhaus
Def Leppard

@Ketchum
Option B in the poll question is phrased in such a manner that ensures the 30 point loss to Bama is a predetermined outcome. This leaves Texas with ZERO chance of winning that game. We all know that's not how it works in the real world. Every competitor wants a shot at the champ - no matter how small the percentage. In the real world, that percentage is always greater than ZERO. But, not how it's phrased in this poll question. It is a guaranteed (predetermined) blowout loss. Thinking otherwise, is reading something into option B that is not stated therein. I'm pretty sure that this is why the results are closely divided down the middle.

Rephrase Option B to say: Run the table, win the Big 12, make the playoff, have a very slim chance of beating Bama and a very high probability of getting blown out by Bama, finish 1st or 6th?

Life is about taking chances. Option B, as phrased in the poll question, gives Texas no chance to beat Bama.
I think a lot more people would choose option B if it were not a predetermined outcome.

As for me, this week, I'm choosing the invisible option
C.) Beat Ok State and go 1-0 in week 8!
B being a pre-determined outcome was done on purpose.

Reactions: AJ Mac
@Ketchum, as I recall about the Gotch Yarborough sting, a recruiting analyst (Robert Heard) was tired of Garvin stealing his scoops. So he floated the Gotch Yarborough name and sure enough Garvin teased it and put it on a pay call in recording. It was classic.

@Ketchum, as I recall about the Gotch Yarborough sting, a recruiting analyst (Robert Heard) was tired of Garvin stealing his scoops. So he floated the Gotch Yarborough name and sure enough Garvin teased it and put it on a pay call in recording. It was classic.
I don't remember where it came from, I just remember it being on the Austin360 boards.

ADVERTISEMENT