ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The case against making the playoff ...)

Top 10 concerts..
1. Talking Heads Pantages Theatre filming of Stop Making Sense
2. Rolling Stones Tattoo You tour LA Coliseum
3. Roger Waters The Wall at FEC
4. Paul McCartney at FEC
5. Queen at Fabulous Forum
6. The Clash and English Beat at Hollywood Palladium
7. Bob Dylan - Sinagpore, 1988
8. Beastie Boys and Run DMC at Hollywood Palladium
9. Peter Gabriel at the Greek Theatre
10. Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Boston - Anaheim Stadium, 1978

Reactions: bk404
BUY or SELL; Texas, at the end of the day, will finish with a strong class at OL and DL?

(Sell) Not if by strong you mean at the level Texas needs it to be.
Is this due to lack of effort/priority by the staff at these positions or are we just getting beaten out by other schools?

Everyone said if Texas just won games the great recruits would come. Where are the OL/DL studs Texas needs. They have won and are ranked now..
success on the field will lead to success,most of it anyways, in the following class. The cake is in the oven for 2019.

Reactions: pasotex
BS. That team got better and better each week and peaked in November. The Fiesta Bowl was nothing but a typical let down game because everyone knew we deserved to be playing for it all. We would have crushed Florida that could only manage 28 against that terrible OU defense.
ok. It's not impossibIe don't know how anyone thinks Texas peaked on November.

It occurs to me that if I am honest I have to put somewhere in that list seeing Johnny Cash/June Carter in Branson, even though it means admitting that I was in Branson. But I got to meet both after the show and it was kind of a big deal for me. Great show.

No one cares but show other shows that I thought about including, and now keep thinking about - Lyle Lovett with his Large Band, Marshall Tucker Band, Queen, David Bowie, The Tubes, The Eagles, Ray Charles, B.B. King, The Stray Cats, Carolyn Wonderland, Crosby Stills Nash, Zappa Plays Zappa (With Dweezil), Kansas, The Doobie Brothers.

Recently a couple of shows that I also really enjoyed and would see again - Postmodern Jukebox at Moody Theatre and Delta Rae at One World Theatre.

I promise I’ll stop now.
Yes, I would think you have to include the Branson concert!

Choosing to miss the playoffs would be like choosing to win the NIT over making the NCAA tournament and losing in the first round. STUPID!
I'm not sure that is an apples for apples comparison.

Buy or Sell? Jason Garrett in all likelihood is gone after the season is over? Buy or Sell If Jason is gone, Jerry decides to tries to hit another home run coaching pick and makes another college rockstar pick ala Jimmy Johnson with a Lincoln Kennedy, Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, type of hire? Buy or Sell, The Dallas Cowboys start shopping around for a QB to push Dak Prescott in next year's draft?
sell.

I’m slightly surprised Ketch mother let him attend 2 Live crew concert at age 13.

That was definitely a not safe for kids rap group. Lol.
She didn't understand until it was too late. There were four of us there.

OTOH, one would make an excellent case that with only 1 national championship in almost half a century and only 2 conference championships in the past 23 years, Longhorn fans haven't been demanding enough.
indeed

This was actually the first concert I went to, my uncle who was, still is, a huge Springsteen fan took me to it. We randomly got give an upgrade in our seats to like the 2nd or 3rd row.
I was first row. It was a very intimate show.

You young guys, sheesh. Missed the great ones.

Stones
Dead at the Downs
McCartney
Harrison
Willie and Waylon
Stevie Ray
Fleetwood Mac
ZZ Top
Hendrix
Elvis
show off! Tell some damn stories!

Is this due to lack of effort/priority by the staff at these positions or are we just getting beaten out by other schools?
the latter

there's a conversation to be had about in-state availability as well.

* Alabama is on its way to being discussed as one of the greatest teams in college football history. There's not enough hyperbole in the world for that team at the moment.
There is no shame in losing to that Alabama team in the CFP. The only shame is being so scared to fail, somebody would want to avoid playing against Alabama.

There is no shame in losing to that Alabama team in the CFP. The only shame is being so scared to fail, somebody would want to avoid playing against Alabama.
Lot of members on this board remember the same things being said before playing Miami in the 1991 Cotton Bowl.;)

Lot of members on this board remember the same things being said before playing Miami in the 1991 Cotton Bowl.;)
Come on --- EVERYBODY knew the outcome of that game. With the state of Texas's program then, at least 10 teams would have pounded Texas just as bad. With due respect to David McWilliams, it was the worst coached period of Texas's history. Texas's recruiting program was literally the worst in the conference (the coordinator was the fired track coach who needed a job). Miami's thuggery and bad sportsmanship just made it a more public spectacle, but Texas was an average team on the way down, no matter who it played that year.

Come on --- EVERYBODY knew the outcome of that game. With the state of Texas's program then, at least 10 teams would have pounded Texas just as bad. With due respect to David McWilliams, it was the worst coached period of Texas's history. Texas's recruiting program was literally the worst in the conference (the coordinator was the fired track coach who needed a job). Miami's thuggery and bad sportsmanship just made it a more public spectacle, but Texas was an average team on the way down, no matter who it played that year.
Stop it.

Texas was VERY confident going into that game. Stan Thomas remarks, anyone?

I’m sorry but this is dumb. I’d much rather make the playoffs and then go beat Bama.

BUY or SELL: Texas football is clearly headed in the right direction but Texas fans have eaten the cheese and an OB meltdown is in our near-term future?

(Buy) Orangebloods is always a second away from a meltdown if the football team loses a game.

Hell we don't even have to lose, OB melts down even on wins.

b. Losing out to the Sooners in 2008 for the championship game lit a fire under the program to make things right in 2009, which led to a Big 12 title and a national title game appearance, one he believes they would have won if McCoy had not been injured in that game. He also believes that if Texas had lost the national championship game in 2008, it might have created the type of hangover that the 2009 Sooners suffered, something that missing the 2008 title game absolutely assured wouldn't happen to the Longhorns.

The "hangover" OU suffered in '09 was called Sam Bradford's season-ending injury.
BTW, what sort of "fire" did we have in the '10 season after losing to 'bama the previous January?

Reactions: Jwpope and cnapp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT