ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The. Cold. Hard. Truth.)

Caddyshack 2 was notably awful, but Grease 2 was a special kind of putrid that has to be seen to be believed, which is ironic since it's unwatchable.

Grease 2 is better than Grease.
This definitely nails you into a narrow age band. The movie was objectively awful but it must have been (I'm guessing teen) Ketch's first exposure to the dangerous narcotic known as Michelle Pfeiffer in her prime. Don't worry - I have the same weakness for Tanya Roberts in Beastmaster/Sheena, which pretty much tells you my age at the time.

But back to Shaka. I'm seeing a lot of posts saying it's about the talent, or development, or bad luck, or him being too much of a players coach. These are all inputs, and all of them are survivable. This team did not walk out on the floor lacking anything it needed to win games.

Similarly, the wins are an output, and would have occurred if he'd gotten the main thing right: the product that we put on the court has been consistently awful. Even in our wins we have look talented, but never disciplined, organized, or (no pun intended) smart. For a fan of good fundamental basketball, even at our best moments UT has been painful to watch during Shaka's tenure. The ACU loss was really just more of the same.

This definitely nails you into a narrow age band. The movie was objectively awful but it must have been (I'm guessing teen) Ketch's first exposure to the dangerous narcotic known as Michelle Pfeiffer in her prime. Don't worry - I have the same weakness for Tanya Roberts in Beastmaster/Sheena, which pretty much tells you my age at the time.

But back to Shaka. I'm seeing a lot of posts saying it's about the talent, or development, or bad luck, or him being too much of a players coach. These are all inputs, and all of them are survivable. This team did not walk out on the floor lacking anything it needed to win games.

Similarly, the wins are an output, and would have occurred if he'd gotten the main thing right: the product that we put on the court has been consistently awful. Even in our wins we have look talented, but never disciplined, organized, or (no pun intended) smart. For a fan of good fundamental basketball, even at our best moments UT has been painful to watch during Shaka's tenure. The ACU loss was really just more of the same.
If you're ready for me to go into a deep dive on Grease 2, I'm willing to to do battle on that hill.

At least none of the songs promote sexual assault.

Reactions: styrbjorn
Did you think Smart failed all season this year?
There are no partial failures in college basketball. You either do well in the Tournament, or you don’t. This season will be remembered for one thing. And that one thing seems likely to end Smart’s Texas career.

Fair enough.

If that's the only prism you'll want to look through, then that's a fair stance.
I just think it’s the only prism that matters. In a college class, I can turn in my homework on time and pass the pop quizzes, but if I fail the final exam, I fail the class.

Telling the story for a friend, of course.

I just think it’s the only prism that matters. In a college class, I can turn in my homework on time and pass the pop quizzes, but if I fail the final exam, I fail the class.

Telling the story for a friend, of course.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing, it's just a bit of a rare sport that is completely defined in such a way for the most part.

It renders a 1,200 minute sample size down to 40 at times in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: streettopeschel
ADVERTISEMENT