ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The defense still has steps to take)

Good win. Fought back. Going to Lubbock aint easy. Team has to play above and beyond. Dont care how bad Tech is. Thanks for volleyball shout out. I really like this team. They have great chemistry. Hoping they continue on the great start

No. 4 - Scattershooting on the last night ...

I feel like you should have had another point to throw some love / damn respect Bert Auburn's way. Unless you did and I just missed it.

I'm sure not ready to put him in with the likes of Ward / Dawson / Tucker or others of the great line of UT kickers, but this was considered one of the BIGGEST questions going into game 1.

Now, I hope I haven't jinxed the guy.

Reactions: slothrop
about the pregame show, I personally would enjoy it more, I was wanting content all day with the late kick. For example Im just now finishing postgame show

Not from what I've heard. Moving away from Dolphins Stadium is a "want," but down the list as to what people are willing to put money into. The scars of Marlins Stadium and the boondoggle that was to tax payers makes getting anything done for sports in this town (that barely cares about sports to begin) nearly impossible.
How much would Ruiz be able to front? The residents of Dade County have never been known for their vision as it relates to sports assets.

The apparently overrated Ochaun Mathis made 2nd team All-Big 12 team last year with 2 sacks. It looks like 6 or 7 sacks is about par for the course for 2nd team. That's a number that Sorrell could reach if he stays on his current trajectory.
He needs to play better. The last two games have not been the like the first one.

No. 4 - Scattershooting on the last night ...

I feel like you should have had another point to throw some love / damn respect Bert Auburn's way. Unless you did and I just missed it.

I'm sure not ready to put him in with the likes of Ward / Dawson / Tucker or others of the great line of UT kickers, but this was considered one of the BIGGEST questions going into game 1.

Now, I hope I haven't jinxed the guy.
good point, sir. JUst know if he misses three field goals this weekend, I will blame you. ;)

Reactions: darrenj and Dave C2
How much would Ruiz be able to front? The residents of Dade County have never been known for their vision as it relates to sports assets.
I can't seem to find that number easily via Google, but from what I've heard there will need to be significant community support. Cool looking plan though.
FXbDDlZWIAAAn7F

@Ketchum do you see a scenario where Card starts on Saturday and Ewers also gets some playing time? Or are we looking at a situation where it’s one or the other?

Not really buying the criticism of Overshown and Worthy. I think it's misplaced. DMO has been all over the field, including some very, very critical plays. And Worthy has gotten separation on several long passes, but the ball has either been overthrown or underthrown.

Not really buying the criticism of Overshown and Worthy. I think it's misplaced. DMO has been all over the field, including some very, very critical plays. And Worthy has gotten separation on several long passes, but the ball has either been overthrown or underthrown.
what criticism are you not buying?

I can't seem to find that number easily via Google, but from what I've heard there will need to be significant community support. Cool looking plan though.
FXbDDlZWIAAAn7F
Agree. The only thing I wish they’d do is have a closed end overhang in the end zone like they did in the OB. That was so intimidating.

I think those three are all playing well, but they have to make more game-changing plays. That is what separates good players from the next level.
Jamison closed and blew up the inside receiver on Barron's PIK6. Overshown and Ford are playing well and getting close to big plats, although Ford had one against 'Bama. Those 3 + Cook are playing at Second Team All Big 12 level (of course prior to conference play).

Jamison closed and blew up the inside receiver on Barron's PIK6. Overshown and Ford are playing well and getting close to big plats, although Ford had one against 'Bama. Those 3 + Cook are playing at Second Team All Big 12 level (of course prior to conference play).
Maybe honorable mention to second team... somewhere in the middle of the two.

It was a game changer!! Really bringing the musical element. If I’m not mistaken, In the Air tonight was in the opening scene of the first episode…Perfect anthem!!!

Try “Brothers in Arms” when Zito gets whacked after he won his matching boxing match…one of the later seasons. On of my favorite songs ti=o this day….

Reactions: Ketchum
Top 5 matchup with 2 more wins? Who gets passed up then if the others in the top 5 currently all go 2-0 as well over the next 2 weeks?

Top 5 matchup with 2 more wins? Who gets passed up then if the others in the top 5 currently all go 2-0 as well over the next 2 weeks?
Might require someone losing for OU to get in there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT