ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The grossest Texas/OU stat of all-time?)

I just said that’s likely to be where that matchup is. It’s still in line with my original post that “unless they put him against Colby” he’s not getting a main. Also, your take was that Woodley would get five more main events. Not co mains.
I think the five was a bit much because it should include current losses, which means the number is probably more like three remaining.

Just to be clear, I said he wouldn't be lower than a headliner in a free card or co-main event in a PPV. That extends to three, but not to five if he doesn't mix in a win somewhere along the way.

I think he's on the Cowboy plan.

If he loses to... let's say Colby.... it's either a co-main event on PPV or main fight on a free card. (I'd bet a co-main event).

If he loses, he'll be the headliner on a free card in his next fight against someone not nearly as headliner worthy as Colby.

Now, that might be his last fight at that point. Or maybe even Colby. It's not like he fights all the time.

But, if he had one more fight in him on a four loss streak, he'd get one more headline act on a free card (maybe as a lead-in to a PPV) where he fights to stay in the company.

I think the five was a bit much because it should include current losses, which means the number is probably more like three remaining.

Just to be clear, I said he wouldn't be lower than a headliner in a free card or co-main event in a PPV. That extends to three, but not to five if he doesn't mix in a win somewhere along the way.

I think he's on the Cowboy plan.

If he loses to... let's say Colby.... it's either a co-main event on PPV or main fight on a free card. (I'd bet a co-main event).

If he loses, he'll be the headliner on a free card in his next fight against someone not nearly as headliner worthy as Colby.

Now, that might be his last fight at that point. Or maybe even Colby. It's not like he fights all the time.

But, if he had one more fight in him on a four loss streak, he'd get one more headline act on a free card (maybe as a lead-in to a PPV) where he fights to stay in the company.
Moving the goalposts eh? I like how you neatly re-positioned yourself to give yourself an out. Woodley getting a PPV co main here and then a free main is a much different ask than the 5 main events you said he had left previously. A co main is not a main. I never positioned it as headliner. You’re getting grey there. I would say if I really had to handicap it, the Colby fight would be 47.5% PPV Co Main, 47.5% Free Main, 5% PPV #3 (in the case they have a big PPV with two titles on the line).

Moving the goalposts eh? I like how you neatly re-positioned yourself to give yourself an out. Woodley getting a PPV co main here and then a free main is a much different ask than the 5 main events you said he had left previously. A co main is not a main. I never positioned it as headliner. You’re getting grey there. I would say if I really had to handicap it, the Colby fight would be 47.5% PPV Co Main, 47.5% Free Main, 5% PPV #3 (in the case they have a big PPV with two titles on the line).
Not moving the goal posts.

Clarifying.

Which in itself means that my comments from last week were wrong to a degree and needed to be re-established.

It just means I spoke before fully thinking, which I've done on occasion in my life, I'm afraid to say.

Reactions: McGuapo
Number of 5-stars signed by conference in 2020...

SEC: 19

Big 12: 1
Thank you for doing the research that was the exact point I was trying to get across. Since the move to the SEC I would imagine A&M has gotten more five stars than Texas. It is a league perception problem as much as Texas sucking. I get it win and nothing else matters, can’t win consistently without the talent. We have a pathetic combination of having the talent but not enough coaching cohesiveness to develop the talent we have

Really interesting stuff, indeed. Conor dropped his news right after the UFC PPV was over in an effort to hijack the news. Kinda shitty, but I get it.

BTW, you see who they are lining up Woodley against, potentially?
Conor is annoying

Not moving the goal posts.

Clarifying.

Which in itself means that my comments from last week were wrong to a degree and needed to be re-established.

It just means I spoke before fully thinking, which I've done on occasion in my life, I'm afraid to say.
I’m aware of you. ; ) I’ll say this, if Woodley can get five more main events he’s really done something very rare. He would have to be like Cowboy, but I just don’t know if I see that in him and he just doesn’t have the fan following of Cowboy.

I’m aware of you. ; ) I’ll say this, if Woodley can get five more main events he’s really done something very rare. He would have to be like Cowboy, but I just don’t know if I see that in him and he just doesn’t have the fan following of Cowboy.
Three seems more like it, unless he wins one or two.

Three seems more like it, unless he wins one or two.
I could see 2.5 as the over/under right now. If he starts winning again that changes things, but man he’s looked done and I don’t like the Colby matchup for him either.

I could see 2.5 as the over/under right now. If he starts winning again that changes things, but man he’s looked done and I don’t like the Colby matchup for him either.
Colby will **** him up.

Would that be the end?

Does it just get pathetic at that point?

Colby will **** him up.

Would that be the end?

Does it just get pathetic at that point?
The dude just looks like he lost that aggression and fire he once had. It’s normal. Also, he’s got a very specific style and hasn’t evolved even though he tried some different training techniques with added tools. When you’ve been around at the top as long as he has and fought a lot of 5 round fights, there’s a ton of tape on you. Guys are onto him and he’s not evolving. He’s not wrestling. He’s not boxing. He’s not kicking. He’s just trying to land an explosive counter combo here and there and then just back towards the fence around the cage the rest of the time. Three losses in a row and if he looks just as bad for worse in the third one, it could be a parting of ways situation. I could see them maybe keeping him around, but he would be relegated to a pretty sad existence and he doesn’t seem like the type. I didn’t think he was bad as a commentator/analyst.

Hope you’re right about the Brockemeyer boys. That would be huge news.

Also, Adore is the best Prince slow jam ever. True baby making music. If you’re in a Prince mood go watch Sign O The Times the concert movie. It’s on Amazon Prime. I got to see him twice during the Musicology Tour - once in Dallas and once in Houston, same tour, two completely different shows. Awesome.

If the Brockermeyer boys were going to commit to Texas, they would have done so already. Quite frankly, they stand a better chance of going to the NFL playing on the line at Bama than they do at Texas.

If the Brockermeyer boys were going to commit to Texas, they would have done so already. Quite frankly, they stand a better chance of going to the NFL playing on the line at Bama than they do at Texas.
I think you can flip that around as well.

The longer they wait, the greater the sting will feel.

That is just silly. If the Brockermeyers play to their ability the NFL will find them at Bama, Texas, K-State or anywhere else. What matters is how they play, not where they are.

Thank you Ketch - I thought Anwar's comment was way off the mark, but I don't question his football IQ, just his evaluative skills. Sam is a gamer but is far from an elite passer IMHO.
He also wants to run — to the detriment of seeing open receivers. Damn glad to have him, but the love he gets (Huge) is out of proportion to his production (very good, not great).

ADVERTISEMENT