ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The importance of Hudson Card...)

Yikes, watching pressor from Monday suggests there will be a two QB system at least for the first game. While Card starts, it seems that role is a game to game position.
In Sark we trust, I guess.
Sark didn't exactly listen to me. lol

Missing from your movie/athlete list:
(and I doubt I'm the only one to bring this up)

Leo DiCaprio is a fantastic actor, particularly of late, but he plays basketball about as well as I time travel. And yet in Basketball Diaries we're supposed to believe he's not only a good player but a legit star who is actively getting recruited? The scene where he throws down a reverse in the rain is quite possibly the least believable scene he's ever filmed.

Missing from your movie/athlete list:
(and I doubt I'm the only one to bring this up)

Leo DiCaprio is a fantastic actor, particularly of late, but he plays basketball about as well as I time travel. And yet in Basketball Diaries we're supposed to believe he's not only a good player but a legit star who is actively getting recruited? The scene where he throws down a reverse in the rain is quite possibly the least believable scene he's ever filmed.
That's completely fair. 😂

Yikes, watching pressor from Monday suggests there will be a two QB system at least for the first game. While Card starts, it seems that role is a game to game position.
In Sark we trust, I guess.
I suspect that Sark wants Hudson to grab the job and run away with it, but I also suspect he would like to get his backup more ready to step in and win games for us if that becomes necessary. He has to keep Casey motivated and involved to accomplish. I think he also expected us to understand that winning the game is his top priority. Depending on the situation, he might think Casey might be a good change of pace or that he needs to settle Hudson down just like OU did against us.

I love that movie as well, but just because it's part of the joke, that doesn't mean it was believable. ;)

QxVi.gif

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Sark didn't exactly listen to me. lol

I wish he had. I really like Casey but this has potential to get messy giving both QBs snaps in the first half.

I trust Sark, which is a nice change for HC. But how he handles this situation will be an interesting test.

I wish he had. I really like Casey but this has potential to get messy giving both QBs snaps in the first half.

I trust Sark, which is a nice change for HC. But how he handles this situation will be an interesting test.
Agreed. It just feels like he somewhat painted himself into a corner when he didn't need to.

If you're Casey Thompson, you likely have a certain kind of expectation for Saturday.

Agreed. It just feels like he somewhat painted himself into a corner when he didn't need to.

If you're Casey Thompson, you likely have a certain kind of expectation for Saturday.

my thought(or optimist/biased hope) is that if card plays well we will be in a place for Casey to get snaps late game. If he doesn’t he will give Casey a shot so in his mind either way Casey will play, thus his honesty about it.

but the realist in me thinks you’re right.

Sark has never really recruited a dual threat. Even his heisman winners and Davey O’Brien guys were statues. He ain’t changing now. The dual threats like Tua and now Bryce were recruited by Saban who now knows the bail out potential of dual threats. Herman knew this too and offered Weigman. The idiot Yurich came in and ruined our dual threat qb room in one year. Future potential offers as well. Having said this I think Murphy can definitely be a good qb. He just doesn’t have bail out legs like Weigman. I don’t think Weigman going baseball route even with first round pick. Aggy boosters will make sure.
Watching murphy throw the ball is breathtaking. Just like the td card threw in the spring game. Reminds me of aikman or moon. You can have weigman, ewers and klubnik. sark knows qb talent and knows what to do with it. c

Reactions: RCPERK2
Brutal. But very true.

More people live in the Austin metro area than all of Nebraska. And it is not like Nebraska borders Florida, Georgia, or Texas, where they could make a living off steeling someone else’s cornbread in population rich, football loving states. The seven neighboring states in Oklahoma, Kansas, South Dakota, Iowa, Colorado, Wyoming, and Missouri aren’t exactly football hotbeds in terms of recruiting numbers. S Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, and Iowa, and Nebraska are five of the twenty least populated states in the country. And, all eight of those states - Nebraska and contiguous neighbors -account for less population than Texas. At some point, it is purely a numbers game for Nebraska, Kansas, and K State; there isn’t enough talent to sustain them.
The death of Nebraska was leaving the BIG12. This cut off visibility in the program for Texas recruits...

ADVERTISEMENT