ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The Kyler Murray/Sam Ehlinger QB battle looms large...)

1st. I would like to thank everyone that believed in me and supported me with my decision. Please respect my decision. No interviews, no phone calls. No bathroom visits either....yes I'm looking at you Hamm. God Bless.
What decision? Curious. In any case, good luck.

Reactions: TheAssquatch
Here's my personal top 10 Woody Harrelson TV/movie roles.

10. Krushinski (Wildcats)
9. Mickey Knox (Natural Born Killers)
8. Carson Wells (No Country For Old Men)
7. Roy Munson (Kingpen)
6. Captain Anthony "Tony" Stone (The Messenger)
5. Larry Flynt (The People vs. Larry Flynt)
4. Sheriff Bill Willoughby (Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri)
3. Marty Hart (True Detective)
2. Billy Hoyle (White Men Can't Jump)
1. Woody Boyd (Cheers)

You left off Zombieland? This is what makes me suspicious that you troll subtly.

I'm silly in thinking the best players need the most playing time, I know.

You're silly in thinking you know a players injury history. Kids a true freshman coming off 2 consecutive injuries and you're calling out staff members because he didn't get 25 carries. Must be nice in your profession to sit back and criticize everyone even when you don't have all the information. But hey, hot takes is the society we live in not being rational even if it makes sense.

You're silly in thinking you know a players injury history. Kids a true freshman coming off 2 consecutive injuries and you're calling out staff members because he didn't get 25 carries. Must be nice in your profession to sit back and criticize everyone even when you don't have all the information. But hey, hot takes is the society we live in not being rational even if it makes sense.
speaking of hot takes...

a. I do know the kid's injury history.

b. I wasn't calling them out for him not having 25 carries. I was calling them out for him only having four carries after 40 minutes.

c. If he's healthy enough to play, he's healthy enough to play. No other player in the program that is among the top two at his position is being treated with kid gloves as he's been treated with kid's gloves. Most of the players on the team that play considerable snaps are nursing some sort of something almost every week.

d. It's interesting that you're criticizing me and you don't have all the information.

But hey, hot takes is the society we live in not being rational even if it makes sense.

Ehlinger is biggest detriment going into this game. Hope I am wrong, but if he plays whole game, we lose.

There are 100+ Watsons in CFB every year. He’s just a guy.
Yeah, but unfortunately he's your 2nd best back and you need him to give Deontay a breather every now and then. Deontay is already dealing with a knee injury.

Hook'em

What Fisher did used to be common place in the late 70’s when I was playing in high school.

@Ketchum, you still taking Mane over Hazard at this point?
A couple of thoughts...

a. Hazard is the MVP of the league through September. No one is in better form.

b. That doesn't change the fact that Mane has outproduced him as a player over the last three seasons in terms of goals and assists, which was initially the point that started off the entire.

c. In terms of CL play, Mane has been on a different planet than Hazard in production.

d. Hazard is f'ing awesome. Just think Mane is underrated, which I thought the supporting data supported.

What Fisher did used to be common place in the late 70’s when I was playing in high school.
And only 10 years before that, black people had to go through the back doors at eating establishments.

Just because things used to be common place doesn't mean that shit is appropriate.

speaking of hot takes...

a. I do know the kid's injury history.

b. I wasn't calling them out for him not having 25 carries. I was calling them out for him only having four carries after 40 minutes.

c. If he's healthy enough to play, he's healthy enough to play. No other player in the program that is among the top two at his position is being treated with kid gloves as he's been treated with kid's gloves. Most of the players on the team that play considerable snaps are nursing some sort of something almost every week.

d. It's interesting that you're criticizing me and you don't have all the information.

But hey, hot takes is the society we live in not being rational even if it makes sense.

You don't know how much a knee bruise, and a stinger, in back to back weeks is affecting this kid. He was out there with a big bulky knee brace on, and as stated multiple times a knee bruise is a pain tolerance issue. Does that sound like a recipe for giving a kid 25 carries immediately upon returning? How many of those other positions take direct pounding like a RB would 30 times a game? Do you not honestly not understand why the staff didn't make a D'Onta Foreman gameplan for him right now?

You don't know how much a knee bruise, and a stinger, in back to back weeks is affecting this kid. He was out there with a big bulky knee brace on, and as stated multiple times a knee bruise is a pain tolerance issue. Does that sound like a recipe for giving a kid 25 carries immediately upon returning? How many of those other positions take direct pounding like a RB would 30 times a game? Do you not honestly not understand why the staff didn't make a D'Onta Foreman gameplan for him right now?
You're making up arguments in your head that don't exist.

Dumb. Watson is a crafty runner and you don’t know wtf you are talking about. He may not possess the explosiveness and power of Ingram, but he is a very skilled veteran back.

Agree. He's looked pretty solid to me. Daniel Young on the other hand...

Bud Wilkinson v. DKR
OU #1 UT #2
Joe Don Looney v Scott Appleton

I'll never forget the deafening roar as the UT (we) fans counted the clock down from 10 seconds to Zero

Agree. He's looked pretty solid to me. Daniel Young on the other hand...

Agree on Young, but that partly on the coaches. Our running game is full of slow developing plays. That is not how Young should be used, at all. Quick hitters up inside in short yardage and against tired defenses late in both halves is where he can really help.

Any top 10 Woody List without LBJ or Wilson, is a complete and utter failure. Talk about picking the favorites and not picking his best work.

Any top 10 Woody List without LBJ or Wilson, is a complete and utter failure. Talk about picking the favorites and not picking his best work.
a. I think I made it pretty clear it was my personal list and not an attempt at a definitive list. I haven't seen either of those roles.

b. So, yes, talk about picking favorites. That's what I did.

ADVERTISEMENT