ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The path for saving this season is crystal clear...)

Be better.
giphy.gif

Out of the bye week I just don’t think we saw a team that’s ready to make noise this year. They played really hard and got the win, but they didn’t play a clean game. Not even close really. We have a ton of issues that I have always attributed to coaching.

The defense played well after the first quarter against a mediocre offensive team. We are a better defensive team with a four man front and one less LB(Dele). But, I bet TO goes back to his much loved 3 man front next week. It’s telling that the weakest position group on the D is the one he is responsible for.

I was hoping to see Whittington Saturday, and some new offensive wrinkles with him involved would help next week, but now I’m sure not expecting it. TH needs to not get out coached by Campbell Saturday.

Reactions: Fan in Dallas
Commenting on the buy or sell question. Of course Orlando is still on the hot seat. In fact he has one foot out the door. Only way he has a shot is if Texas wins out, and probably wins the conference title. Anything short of that I think Herman will be forced in to making changes(and he will probably have to be forced

Your Tom Petty list sucks.

not a huge fan of the list either.

i can't disagree with American Girl and Refugee, but Last Dance With Mary Jane deserves a spot on there somewhere.

Free Fallin' needs to be way down the list.

whoever suggested "a woman in love" has got a damned good point as well.

I really prefer the songs where the entire Heartbreaker band is rockin' out. What a damned good band that was/is.

RIP Tom Petty. Too young to go. Saw him in concert more times than anyone except Dylan.
(and 2 or 3 times with Dylan)

No. 10 – And Finally ...
Put me on record as being a major proponent for the new Moody Center after it was announced this weekend that the Moody Foundation in Galveston was donating $130 million towards the project.

There’s nothing in the Fenves announcement that says the donation was made toward the new gym. They’re being very nuanced in their language but it appears the money was donated to the University in general and it also got the Moody name on the building. I doubt it changes anything about who is going to own or control the building.

Reactions: Industrialeng
@Ketchum

You really think Minnesota is deserving of #4 or are you just trying to be provocative?

I'd love to see them in the playoffs if they continue to win, but i don't think they have a realistic shot and i doubt they are a top 5 team anyway.

It's not just that ISU would have beaten Ou in overtime. They would have beaten them if the refs had called the blatant pass interference against Ou on the two point conversion attempt. For some reason, Ou is teflon from interference calls. If we mugged receivers the way they do on every play, we would lead the nation in interference calls. For them, just as in the conference championship game last year, no calls, no problem.

Last edited:
@Ketchum

You really think Minnesota is deserving of #4 or are you just trying to be provocative?

I'd love to see them in the playoffs if they continue to win, but i don't think they have a realistic shot and i doubt they are a top 5 team anyway.
Well if they win out(and that will be a tall order) it will include a win against them #4 Penn State a win against a top 15 Wisconsin team, and a win against arguably the #1 team Ohio state in the big 10 title game. If they run that schedule I’m not sure how you keep them out. It’s a tall order but not impossible.

There's only room for 10. I tend to lean towards his early stuff.
You could drop "Stop dragging my heart around" and slide in another
"Won't back down" or Free Fallin'.. Dragging has always hit me as a duet with Cocaine Stevie vs a true TB and THB song.

There's only room for 10. I tend to lean towards his early stuff.

I saw Petty a few times including last at a festival in Pasadena I think less than a year from his untimely death. I am a huge Petty fan and consider him the greatest American rock star we had. The few times I saw him, the shows were all fantastic. He has this combination of humble, funny, chill persona on stafe and at the same time one hell of a musician and writer. Look at who he assembled for the Wilburys.

A few years back, I read about his upbringing and can see he was a troubled soul.

This is the first musician that died too young that really made me sad.

Ketch, your list is fine. You really cannot choose a top ten list because so many folks like so many different Petty songs.

Petty’s “You and I will meet again” is one of his underrated songs.
As a Petty fan it brings a lump to your throat in light of his passing

ADVERTISEMENT