ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The three things that won't go away)

You are spot on with your thoughts on offensive line changes. I have thought the exact changes should have been made two weeks ago. Get Karic on the field and Okafor off!!

Glad to see Hotel California made your list, which I thought was better than the list from Rolling Stone. Not sure how Stairway to Heaven doesn’t make either top ten, and Gimme Shelter is definitely in mine. However, we all know what
people say about opinions.

jonusn44 said:
B/S You have to go back as far as Jamaal Charles to find running back talent that would make the 4 deep with this crew? J Gray, M Brown, D Foreman, Foshwitt?

(Sell) You are asking if D'Onte Foreman could make fourth string running back on this team? Or Malcolm Brown? Or Fozzy? Come on...

Well with your continued effort to Sell Miley on to the board; I'm starting to think your talent evaluation needs to be questioned.

Our defense doesn't get enough play. Holding any team to zero points is worth a little more talk. Plus they could be the unit that decides how this season goes.

Reactions: dsutton_85
@Ketchum , you sold on both Card and Thompson being here next year…you also believe that Thompson remains the starter at end of season…so if you put the two together, does that mean you believe Card will transfer and be a starter elsewhere in his career???

If you take it as some sort of political manifesto, it is lacking, But I don't think Lennon meant it that way. Instead, it is a child like wishing away the things that divide us.
John made a lot of political statements. There were no accidents. Not a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: teflojr and FFOJ
If we lose card it will be an utter disaster and I don’t see sark making it here if that happens
LOL, very melodramatic. And based on what? Sark won't make it if a guy who has started all of two games and lost his starting job doesn't stay at Texas? I like Card and hope like hell he stays, but there is simply no support for your assertion at this point. None.

Any Top 10 All Time Best Songs list w/out Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World, is no list at all!!

From the lyrics to the instrumentals to the composition to the vocals - it is hands down a Top 10 All Time great song.

Prove me wrong.

I still think the TEs are being effective in a non-numbers type of way. Getting Wiley back helped. Brewer has been solid and Helm is showing quite early that is a strong blocker.
Love what I see from Helm so far. Davis looks like a beast. Then we have Sanders. Feels good man.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLong68
Any Top 10 All Time Best Songs list w/out Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World, is no list at all!!

From the lyrics to the instrumentals to the composition to the vocals - it is hands down a Top 10 All Time great song.

Prove me wrong.

Don Henley apparently agrees with your assessment of that song.

Reactions: dirtman and luckylo
This is a 7-5/8-4 team. Sark et al are a decent staff, but not the elite force we were hoping. The staff did overestimate the talent on the roster. My hot/lukewarm/chilled takes…
You are soooo smart. You figured this out after only 3 games into his first year. You would have said the same thing about Saban at Alabama and Swinney at Clemson based on your brilliant deduction.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
In 1983 at UT, I took history of african-american music (as an elective :))

My teacher/instructor/professor was radical AF, super smart.

I learned Scott Joplin influenced every song in your list and the RS list, and anyone else's list.

Amazing class.

I'm not a huge beach boys fan, but I'm surprised God Only Knows is not on the RS list.

I'm sure you know Hey Jude is about Julian Lennon dealing with his parents divorce, written by McCartney.

On 12/8/80, I was a freshman at UT watching MNF with a lot of others in the common area of the 13th floor of the Castilian dorm when Cosell reported Lennon's assassination. I'll never forget that moment. wow.

And, imho, John Lennon is the greatest rock personality, ever.

and forever.

Last edited:
Any list with an Outkast song on it is a total fail. That doesn't even qualify as music for me. Both lists are jokes. Pick a genre and run with it. No list that tries to include rock, country, rap and soul is ever going to be a serious list.

Outkast, especially Andre, is one of the most talented groups of all time in any genre.

Do you think Motown groups should be included in this list?

Reactions: jannysack and bk404
If we lose card it will be an utter disaster and I don’t see sark making it here if that happens

Thompson will be back next year as the entrenched starter if Card bolts.

His backups would be Murphy, Wright, and the Transfer QB to be named later. I dont think it would be the problem you think it is, and if this team is able to put together good on the field progress it may slightly help with Manning.

Reactions: texasd11
ADVERTISEMENT