ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The three things that won't go away)

Crystal ball--what do you think our numbers will be at the end of the season? I agree the numbers are bad right now but our horrible outing at Arkansas is really dragging those numbers down since we've only had 3 games. I expect us to get much better as the season goes on.
Man, hard to say. This passing offense needs to be moving closer to the top 25 in key categories.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Let's see what an un-lame top 10 looks like in your mind.

I’ll take a stab at it. It’s hard enough narrowing in on 10 songs let alone ranking those 10. In no particular order:

Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
All along the watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
How deep is your love - Bee Gees
Every breath you take - The Police
No woman no cry - Bob Marley
Hotel California - Eagles
Comfortably numb - Pink Floyd
When doves cry - Prince

1. In My Life
2. Redemption Song
3. Johnny B. Goode
4. American Pie
5. Sweet Dreams
6. Like a Rolling Stone
7. Only Time
8. Have You Ever Seen the Rain
9. Together Again
10. Love is Strange

Bask in the victory over Rice all you want, but there are issues on this team that warrant continued discussion as it heads into the meat of its schedule.
Everyone knows about this site’s terrible reputation. Signed up for the 60 day free trial the week with all of the smoke regarding the Horns joining the SEC. Tried to get every bit of info.

Please cancel my free trial membership.

I’ll take a stab at it. It’s hard enough narrowing in on 10 songs let alone ranking those 10. In no particular order:

Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
All along the watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
How deep is your love - Bee Gees
Every breath you take - The Police
No woman no cry - Bob Marley
Hotel California - Eagles
Comfortably numb - Pink Floyd
When doves cry - Prince
So, no songs make your list that are younger than about 37 years old?

A wise man said (something like), “if we get a QB efficiency number of 185+ in the rest of our games, we will be doing ok”.

Granted, it gets harder each week for the next three weeks. Should be fascinating to watch.

I just worry about the offense being a little too restrictive in terms of spacing.

a. Yes, there are concerns in the passing game, as outlined.

b. Nothing changed with Casey's passer rating.
It’s about “touchdowns”. And lack of consecutive 3 & outs. Touchdowns win football games. Not passing stats, although these were impressive also.

In 1983 at UT, I took history of african-american music (as an elective :))

My teacher/instructor/professor was radical AF, super smart.

I learned Scott Joplin influenced every song in your list and the RS list, and anyone else's list.

Amazing class.

I'm not a huge beach boys fan, but I'm surprised God Only Knows is not on the RS list.

I'm sure you know Hey Jude is about Julian Lennon dealing with his parents divorce, written by McCartney.

On 12/8/80, I was a freshman at UT watching MNF with a lot of others in the common area of the 13th floor of the Castilian dorm when Cosell reported Lennon's assassination. I'll never forget that moment. wow.

And, imho, John Lennon is the greatest rock personality, ever.

and forever.

Total agreement on God Only Knows.

Reactions: DKinnamon and bk404
ADVERTISEMENT