ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The truth may hurt, but it's the truth)

Agreed. He has to beat OU. Even if it's like Mensa's second year where we beat them in the regular season then lose in the Big 12 title game. Sark needs a one in year 1 over OU. Quite frankly, this season has little room for error. Getting 10 wins is huge. Might not seem much more than say, getting 9, but getting double digit wins is tremendous for purposes of MAYBE flipping some '22 guys but certainly for purposes of being in the thick of it for '23 guys.
734001bfc6513fa0589f93c6963180d7.gif

I will give this to aggy. They will make big hires in football. If we’re being honest, going back 50 years, their hires of Sherrill and Fisher were FAR bigger than either hire we made in football. And yes, that includes Mack. And frankly, one can make a decent argument Fran’s hiring was on the same level of Mack.

Agreed. He has to beat OU. Even if it's like Mensa's second year where we beat them in the regular season then lose in the Big 12 title game. Sark needs a one in year 1 over OU. Quite frankly, this season has little room for error. Getting 10 wins is huge. Might not seem much more than say, getting 9, but getting double digit wins is tremendous for purposes of MAYBE flipping some '22 guys but certainly for purposes of being in the thick of it for '23 guys.

Y0dqnM.gif

Has to be OU IMO. I'm not sure anyone really gives a damn about Iowa State... shiny ranking or not.
We could defeat an undefeated Iowa State and people would still be like "Bruh, it's ISU"

Ironically one can argue Chris Beard was our biggest AD hire over the same period over the big 3 sports. At best Mack is only 3rd behind Beard/Augie
I hadn't thought of it like that, but this is a very good point.

You have to remember that this movie freaking came out before Pearl Harbor.

Everything that Bogart did in the final act of the movie and all that he gave up was soaking in patriotism.

I saw this online when I did a search just now. I figured someone else would explain it better than I.

"Okay, Rick isn’t technically fighting as an American. But really, he is.

Rick Blaine has been disillusioned by America, maybe even thrown out of America. He’s set up 3,700 miles away, well-off, well-liked, out of the line of fire. By the end of the movie it looks like he can even get the girl.

He renounces all that for the uncertain and often short life of a resistance fighter. The fact it’s the French resistance is irrelevant. By late 1942, Rick Blaine knows what the rest of the world knows: that America and free Europe are now a single team, embodying the hope and ideal, however flawed, of human freedom. It’s not coincidence that everyone who has enough money in Casablanca wants to use it to get to America.

Rick doesn’t have to join the fight, except he really does. No movie has made that simple definition of patriotism any clearer."
That was a good article. And honestly, I'm easily persuaded. I give in. It is a patriotic movie. Thanks for doing the research.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT