ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The worst part of all...)

a. That's not true about the first part. I hope that makes you feel better, even if slightly.

b. I feel you.
Maybe the last few weeks have been abnormal. But they are longer than 3 pages by that time in the lifecycle.

Reactions: drunk randoke
@TheAngryHammer One thing to keep in mind about the relies, I smooth passed out around 9:15 am and didn't reply to much until this morning.

That likely had a lot to do with the lack of replies.

Reactions: TheAngryHammer
I think this kind of drama queen over reaction is why we're in the recruiting position we're in. If the alums and BMDs would have publicly said, "Hey, he's our coach who brought in 2 new coordinators and got little to no spring or summer practices to install their systems on top of a total disruption of these kids lives and we'll tolerate some inconsistency." we'd be in a much better place. Let's all stop stirring the f'ing pot and give these coaches a chance to do their jobs. More of this crap just guarantees we'll be in the same place or worse next year. But stirring the pot sells subscriptions.
The problem that I have with this, is that TH shouldn't have been in this position in the first place. Come in and bring your TOP coordinators from the start and he wouldn't have this problem. Excuses.

Reactions: Black Scholes
Something about all of this isn’t adding up.

This can’t be the final resolution for this coaching situation.

I don’t believe it.

It just can’t be. It makes no fvcking sense whatsoever.
I agree whole-heartedly.

But it's 2020 :oops:

@Ketchum - Evidently Texas still has the smallest of chances to make the Conference Championship if one of the teams has a Covid outbreak - Is the team even practicing for that outcome (however unlikely)? Also if the game is played with the current teams, who do you like (I think the line is OU -6)?

so - to clarify - we:
1. must assume a posture of mediocrity for the near future;
2. hope that TH doesn't pull one out of his arse next year and CDC does another BS extension;
3. learn how to act, feel, and behave like a tier 2 program.

OK got it. :rolleyes:

@Ketchum - Evidently Texas still has the smallest of chances to make the Conference Championship if one of the teams has a Covid outbreak - Is the team even practicing for that outcome (however unlikely)? Also if the game is played with the current teams, who do you like (I think the line is OU -6)?
I believe they all went home.

If the football people inside the program believe that Herman is the best option to lead us to a championship next season they are the ones with the real knowledge of the state of the team. I tend to believe them over reporters on fan sites.
If they have evaluated everything and came up with Herman is our best choice I will trust there judgement. With the talent we have in the 2018,2019 and 2020 classes we can afford one mediocre class rated at #15 in 2021 with a few players like Sanders and Brooks.
I think this kind of drama queen over reaction is why we're in the recruiting position we're in. If the alums and BMDs would have publicly said, "Hey, he's our coach who brought in 2 new coordinators and got little to no spring or summer practices to install their systems on top of a total disruption of these kids lives and we'll tolerate some inconsistency." we'd be in a much better place. Let's all stop stirring the f'ing pot and give these coaches a chance to do their jobs. More of this crap just guarantees we'll be in the same place or worse next year. But stirring the pot sells subscriptions.
Giving mediocre & immature leadership more time will only deepen the ditch and delay Texas’ comeback...

Reactions: cooleyo
A few of us were WAY out in front of the herd on CDC. March 2019 told us a LOT. People couldn’t see it at the time but I can’t help that.

ADVERTISEMENT