ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The worst part of all...)

Don't confuse my reporting with an endorsement. Just saying... not for you as much as a reminder foir anyone else that has the wrong idea. ;)

Oh we are on the same page, of the correct book. At this point CDC, BOR, and BMDs are still on Chapter one of Amelia Bedelia.

Reactions: Ketchum
There literally is no way to re-approach Urbs quietly in this day and age.
Oh, it can be done. But, it can go sideways quick.

You could make a case that it going public could force someone's hand. If someone wanted to accomplish that more than anything else, they could make sure it goes public.

Not sold on Herman, but going after Urban Meyer would be a disaster. Urban Meyer would set the program back as much as Charlie Strong did. Let's hope Covid can have the same positive effect that it did for reviving Shaka Smart and the basketball program.

Say what???

Reactions: InTheBlood
This whole fiasco is reflective of society as a whole these days. Gone are the risk-takers. Everyone's more concerned about being safe these days, going along with the crowd, yada, yada. We live in the era of endless movie sequels, campus safe spaces, corporate acquiescence and business shutdowns. This Herman debacle is just par for the course.

Reactions: edmondhorn2
A few. Just seem to have better sourcing.
200.gif

I don’t know, but I think CDC is miscalculating bigly. I think with Covid and the shitshow that is our football program, there is a very really risk that season ticket renewals will be a disaster for 2021. Guess we’ll see.

I tend to agree, especially after seeing some of the strangely low ratings across professional sports. I don't know if I'd go as far as disaster, but I think Texas is going to feel the financial hurt.

Not sold on Herman, but going after Urban Meyer would be a disaster. Urban Meyer would set the program back as much as Charlie Strong did. Let's hope Covid can have the same positive effect that it did for reviving Shaka Smart and the basketball program.

Urban Meyer would do what?!

I guess we’ll see if anything comes to pass after the Championship games and/or bowl games.

If that period comes and goes and Herman is still the head coach going into February...

Buckle the hell up, boys.
You may need to wait until the NFL season is finished.

How the he’ll did he not pick up the phone, call Urban and ask him two questions before he ever did anything else:

1. What would it take to get you to Texas?

2. If I find it, will you come?

That just seems so basic. And he would say either yes or no to #2 and none of this other shit would have happened.
Have you not been reading a damn thing on this? The money has never been the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT