ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The worst part of all...)

Supposedly he told KBohls.
Well that isn't the tweet that both Bohls and B Davis sent out.
have you seen those "clarifying " tweets?
That is my point. That isn't exactly what they reported CDC said.
They later reinterpreted what they "think he meant "

Two different things

and for that matter, the OFFICIAL CDC PR doesn't say that , AT ALL

Two different things
This.

Has there been a quote from CDC that says “Tom Herman will be the UT coach for the 2021 season”

If there has, I haven’t seen it and if so, can someone post that quote?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: sua sponte
Can you locate the CDC quote saying CTH will be coaching the 2021 FB season at UT.?
CDC didn't call us back, but he called his boy C hip back. He loves him some Chip.

There's no question that the statement itself was weaker than .30 toilet paper.

Reactions: PuroHorns

Two different things

and for that matter, the OFFICIAL CDC PR doesn't say that , AT ALL
CDC has very good relationships with the Statesman and a few other area reporters.

I can assure you that he spoke with them and clarified his remarks. If he lies, he'll have lied to his boys and that's a dangerous move to make for someone who loves to be popular more than anything else.

CDC didn't call us back, but he called his boy C hip back. He loves him some Chip.

There's no question that the statement itself was weaker than .30 toilet paper.
And as a wordsmith, I think you will agree that no where does that say
"CTH will be the FB coach for the 2021 season. "
if CTH is getting paid on Jan5, 2021 as the FB Coach at TX, he is "the coach in 2021 "...literally.
Doesn't mean he ever calls a play or is on the sideline 9/1/21.

CDC has very good relationships with the Statesman and a few other area reporters.

I can assure you that he spoke with them and clarified his remarks. If he lies, he'll have lied to his boys and that's a dangerous move to make for someone who loves to be popular more than anything else.
Why didn't they report what he actually said?
they reinterpreted what they think he meant.
I agree , they aren't stupid , but they may be carrying water for CDC.

Reactions: GishMD
And as a wordsmith, I think you will agree that no where does that say
"CTH will be the FB coach for the 2021 season. "
if CTH is getting paid on Jan5, 2021 as the FB Coach at TX, he is "the coach in 2021 "...literally.
Doesn't mean he ever calls a play or is on the sideline 9/1/21.
I think you're trying really hard and I completely understand why.

I'm not done being hopeful, either.

Reactions: horns--21
May?

Come on.
I know you've been paying attention.

The water carrying has been revealed all over the place.

While all that may be true, CDC is either extremely sloppy or very calculated with his choice of PUBLIC words.

I'm telling you as strongly as possible, CDC has been working his guys to promote the Tom coming back angle for weeks.

I wondered when it first started happening if CDC had gone rouge and was playing both sides of the fence, so I checked with some sourcing about it and they supported what he was doing.

It would make total sense if there was some secret plan between CDC and Eltife, but so many little mistakes have been made that it's hard for me to believe that there's a true wizard inside of Oz.

• Wow
Reactions: MB-HORNS
While all that may be true, CDC is either extremely sloppy or very calculated with his choice of PUBLIC words.
Oh, he's calculated, for sure.

But, he's a very sloppy madman... when you eliminate what you hope happens and just look at what has happened.... it's sloppy.

Reactions: Tips5
I think you're trying really hard and I completely understand why.

I'm not done being hopeful, either.
I am not trying hard. I am just reading what was actually said and reported.
As a lawyer , I will say the the "official press release speaks for itself " and I have to be believe it was very carefully crafted and approved at the BOR level prior to its release.

May?

Come on.
I know you've been paying attention.

The water carrying has been revealed all over the place.
I think that is part of the story. Perhaps , it should be unambiguously reported as analysis ...Op/Ed ..
That would do a service for Orangefans :) :) :)

I am not trying hard. I am just reading what was actually said and reported.
As a lawyer , I will say the the "official press release speaks for itself " and I have to be believe it was very carefully crafted and approved at the BOR level prior to its release.
I'm with you but read Bohl's article today. I'm not taking sides here or saying who is carrying water, etc. but here's the important excerpt from the article: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment."

The name of the song is actually “Superstar”. Written by Leon Russell and Bonnie Bramlett. First recorded by Delaney and Bonnie.

The biggest cover hit was done by The Carpenters. I liked their version (I liked Karen Carpenter’s voice), but for my money, I don’t think you can beat Luther Vandross’s cover.

* I'm convinced that Hudson Card has a chance to be a big-time star. I'm not going to go overboard with hyperbole because I've already done that with a former Lake Travis prep star during this 11-year run of mediocrity, but just know that my instincts tell me to say some really hyperbolic stuff about the young man. From what I hear behind the scenes, my optimism with Card isn't unfounded.

I don’t see anything special in Casey Thompson. I agree with your opinion about Card.

Are we going to have a quarterback controversy next year on top of everything else? Frankly, I don’t see Tom Herman being able to handle a QB controversy on top of everything else.
A lot of people went overboard with Gilbert, myself included. He is in the NFL now so we may not be as far off as we once thought

I'm with you but read Bohl's article today. I'm not taking sides here or saying who is carrying water, etc. but here's the important excerpt from the article: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment."
If we are standing here on 1/5/21, CTH is "the coach in 2021."
That fact doesnt unequivocally translate to him coaching FB in September2021 .
Both can be true statements.
CTH can, at once, be the coach in 2021 and then ....depending on actions ....NOT be the coach (any longer) in 2021.

Don't forget Robin Trower -- All Along the Watchtower. One of my favorites.

If we are standing here on 1/5/21, CTH is "the coach in 2021."
That fact doesnt unequivocally translate to him coaching FB in September2021 .
Both can be true statements.
CTH can, at once, be the coach in 2021 and then ....depending on actions ....NOT be the coach (any longer) in 2021.
I think everyone agrees with that, but you were saying "no one has reported that CDC said TH would be the coach in 2021". The statement attributed to him in Bohl's article certainly contradicts your position. I'm not disagreeing with your other point. Anything is possible after 1/5/21.

I think everyone agrees with that, but you were saying "no one has reported that CDC said TH would be the coach in 2021". The statement attributed to him in Bohl's article certainly contradicts your position. I'm not disagreeing with your other point. Anything is possible after 1/5/21.
We disagree...no problem
not what I wrote..

I wrote :
"Can you locate the CDC quote saying CTH will be coaching the 2021 FB season at UT.?"

That is fundamentally different than:

"CDC said TH would be the coach in 2021"

you are doing the same thing others are...crafting your own interpretation.

Last edited:
We disagree...no problem
not what I wrote..

I wrote :
"Can you locate the CDC quote saying CTH will be coaching the 2021 FB season at UT.?"

That is fundamentally different than:

"CDC said TH would be the coach in 2021"

you are doing the same thing others are...crafting your own interpretation.
Me thinks you may need to look in the mirror when saying “crafting your own interpretation”. But it’s not worth my time to continue to argue any more. So, have a good day.

Me thinks you may need to look in the mirror when saying “crafting your own interpretation”. But it’s not worth my time to continue to argue any more. So, have a good day.
You don't think " CTH coaching FB in 2021 "
and
"CTH will be back in 2021 "are fundamentally different?

You don't think " CTH coaching FB in 2021 "
and
"CTH will be back in 2021 "are fundamentally different?
Now you’re changing the quotes. But again, you do you, brother. No need to win me over. I’ll be pleased if you’re right and we get Urban Meyer to coach the University of Texas at Austin starting with the 2021 season.

I just don't think Kyle is ever leaving the NFL.
I don't blame him.

NFL Coach = you draft the 22-23 year old players you want and they all fight like hell to make the 53 man roster. You work 12 hour days from April to December

College Coach = you spend all your time flying all over the country talking to 16-18 year olds and their parents, kissing their asses and begging them to come play for you, and now they can transfer any time they want if they aren't happy. They can sit out bowl games or any other game that doesn't interest them regardless of their commitments. You work 12 hour days 12 months a year.

I like the NFL but I LOVE college football. Even still he'd be crazy to coach in college if you can stay in the NFL.

They still might, but I get the sense they need to know who their guarantee on the box is before doing so.
Gary Gus or Steve it does not matter they are all better. Just make the move and land the players. Texas is missing out on so much talent only @Anwar Richardson thinks its ok. I sure hope they can land some transfer portal guys with all the kids leaving in the portal or for the draft. Think of all the talent that has committed and been lost last year and this year. This is not counting guys we should have landed if we had better coaching and recruiting.
QUAYDARIUS
DAVIS

BILLY
BOWMAN

LANDEN
KING

JALEN
MILROE
TY
JORDAN

JOSHUA
EATON