ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (They don't get more important than this!)

How is the Cali kid a 5 star if he never played Varsity ball?
Good question, but we aren’t getting 2 “elite” QBs in the same class, even if we wanted to. None of these 4 kids will go to the same school. Just my opinion.

Reactions: FriscoWolf
No. 3 - Nostraketchus on 2022 big dogs ...

Per request from @echeese, I'm going to make a 12-month out set of predictions for the top 20 prospects on my Lone Star recruiting Top 100.

I'm sure none of these will miss. 20 for 20, here I come!

1. QB - Cade Klubnik - Austin Westlake (Prediction: Texas)
2. CB - Denver Harris – North Shore (Prediction: Texas)
3. DT - Bear Alexander - Denton Ryan (Prediction: Georgia)
4. QB - Quinn Ewers - Southlake Carroll (Prediction: Ohio State)
5 QB - Jaydon Blue - Klein Cain (Prediction: Texas)
6. OL - Kam Dewberry - Humble Atascocita (Prediction: Texas A&M)
7 DE - Omari Abor - Duncanville (Prediction: Oklahoma)
8. DE - Malick Sylla - Katy (Prediction: Texas A&M
)
9. QB - Conner Weigman - Bridgeland (Prediction: Texas A&M)
10. OL - Devon Campbell - Arlington Bowie (Prediction: Texas)
11. OL - Kelvin Banks - Houston Summer Creek (Prediction: Texas A&M)
12. WR - Evan Stewart - Frisco Liberty (Prediction: Texas)
13. WR - Caleb Burton - Del Valle (Prediction: Ohio State)
14. LB - Harold Perkins - Cypress Park (Prediction: Texas A&M)
15. S - Bryce Anderson - Beaumont Westbrook (Prediction: Texas A&M)
16. DB - Jaylon Guilbeau - Port Arthur Memorial (Prediction: Texas)
17. WR - Armani Winfield - Lewisville (Prediction: Texas)
18. RB - Jamarion Miller - Tyler Legacy (Prediction: To a school that hasn't yet offered)
19. Ath - Brenan Thompson - Spearman (Prediction: Oklahoma)
20. TE - Donovan Green - Dickinson (Prediction: Texas A&M)

This can't continue to happen. Texas has to start bringing the big dogs in the trenches. Flood and Davis need to do work quick.

ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg

No. 6 – BUY or SELL …

(Sell) I still like this team to make the Sweet 16.

I don't know what it is that you see that makes you think this.

I'm seeing about 3 or perhaps 4 more wins the rest of this season, if its actually played.

Brady is the goat of goats and that was a bad game from Mahomes, but if those two swap teams, I think you get a much different result. Can't recall when I last saw a good nfl team give up as much pressure as KC. It was like they had Britt Mitchell and Marcus Hutchins at OT. And that Tampa D kicked some serious ass.

Reactions: DanielSucks
a. Or Murphy. First one to say yes. But, yeah, I have a man crush on Klubnik.

b. 9-3 is about where I'm at.

c. That one, too, but the Oakland game featured a team with an old quarterback routing a defending champion in Tampa! ;)

d. But, that GT offense was horrible.

e. John Lynch was never better than Darren Woodson a day in his life. Oh, and Woodson has a hand full of rings and was arguably better than Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Charles Hakey at his peak. He totally transformed the position. He was the first linebacker/safety tweener that took over the sport in the 90s by being able to play like a linebacker in run support, while covering tight endsm, backs and receivers as a cover guy.
- Bucs weren't the defending champs prior to that Super Bowl. Kept losing to the Eagles in the wild card prior to that breakthrough. Tampa's quarterback was Brad Johnson.

- Technically, Lynch was greater than Woodson on one day of his life, which was Saturday when he made it into the HOF ;)

we'll see. Very possible. I won't hit on all 20, obviously. Thanks for participating, though. Cracks me up when I write a ton and the only response someone has is the slightest possible nitpick. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I bet so.. hell, I can simply give a like and there are usually 4-8 peer reviews on why the like was to soon, or the like was not genuine enough.. or for god sake the like was spelled wrong and had the wrong punctuation.

But I love this place! Thanks Ketch and the boys for always sweating it out in the kitchen and bringing the meat and potatoes to the table. I am thankful.

Per request from @echeese, I'm going to make a 12-month out set of predictions for the top 20 prospects on my Lone Star recruiting Top 100.

8. DE - Malick Sylla - Katy (Prediction: Texas A&M)

18. RB - Jamarion Miller - Tyler Legacy (Prediction: To a school that hasn't yet offered)

Breakdown: Texas (7), Texas A&M (7), Oklahoma (2), Ohio State (2), Georgia (1) and unknown offer (1)

Cool. Thanks

Rivals' options for burnt orange suck.

#4 Blue is a RB

Interesting not one projected to Bama.

Of the OL's not projected to TEXAS, which do you think is the most "flip able"?

Clearly time to re-stock the OL room

I don't think I have ever seen @Suchomel publicly downplay a kid and his rankings the way he has with Maalik.
I totally get it from some perspective. He's mostly been a camp kind of eval and you'd like to see some film because it's more of a guarantee on a box.

Reactions: DKinnamon

8. DE - Malick Sylla - Katy (Prediction: Texas A&M
)

This can't continue to happen. Texas has to start bringing the big dogs in the trenches. Flood and Davis need to do work quick.
Flood arrived with Kelvin Banks already leaning towards A&M. Lots of work to do there. I totally hear you, though.

I feel like we need to bet on the Klubnik think now that you have @ me and then picked him to Texas. It’s like you don’t have a kid who has a shot to play for his dream school. Oh wait...

Something friendly but I feel like you need the odds since I actually have the level 1 info this time.

You can ask @Hornstot who still owes me 3k because someone told him Texas was hiring ****ing Mike Stoops. I don’t lose, but if I do I pay up.
cryptic much?

Brady is the goat of goats and that was a bad game from Mahomes, but if those two swap teams, I think you get a much different result. Can't recall when I last saw a good nfl team give up as much pressure as KC. It was like they had Britt Mitchell and Marcus Hutchins at OT. And that Tampa D kicked some serious ass.
That team hadn't been to the playoffs in a decade before Brady showed up. I think there's all kinds of context needed in the discussion.

For instance, the OL lost a starter from the AFC title game, but the rest of that line had been playing together and well enough that it played its best game of the season just two weeks ago.

Also... Brady in the last three games of the season beat Brees on the road, A-Rod on the road and Mahomes in a semi-home game.

Has a quarterback ever had a better three game quarterback scalp than Brady did this year?

Sad when a serious sports writer devotes any time to pro wrestling :(

Otherwise, good job....Super Bowl surprised me as well, but hard to criticize Mahomes, when he spent the whole night running for his life!! Tampa Defense was the MVP in my book.

2022 will be decided before that can happen.

Ketch, I'd like your opinion on this. I've watched the 2022 QBs and I think Weigman is maybe the best QB I've seen on HS film in a while. I think this class may be the best overall QB class to come out of Texas in a very long time. It pains me to know Weigman is going to gomerville. I just hate it because I think they got the best of the bunch. What say you on my take? I hope like hell I'm wrong but I do have somewhat of a gift of being able to peg QB's.

I even called Colt from his HS film (and 3 star status) as going to be a great one at Texas. So I hope I'm wrong.

8. DE - Malick Sylla - Katy (Prediction: Texas A&M)

Breakdown: Texas (7), Texas A&M (7), Oklahoma (2), Ohio State (2), Georgia (1) and unknown offer (1)

Cool. Thanks

Rivals' options for burnt orange suck.

#4 Blue is a RB

Interesting not one projected to Bama.

Of the OL's not projected to TEXAS, which do you think is the most "flip able"?

Clearly time to re-stock the OL room
Dewberry is pretty open.

Sad when a serious sports writer devotes any time to pro wrestling :(

Otherwise, good job....Super Bowl surprised me as well, but hard to criticize Mahomes, when he spent the whole night running for his life!! Tampa Defense was the MVP in my book.
I guess it'a a good thing that I nailed the first few thousand words.

Ketch, I'd like your opinion on this. I've watched the 2022 QBs and I think Weigman is maybe the best QB I've seen on HS film in a while. I think this class may be the best overall QB class to come out of Texas in a very long time. It pains me to know Weigman is going to gomerville. I just hate it because I think they got the best of the bunch. What say you on my take? I hope like hell I'm wrong but I do have somewhat of a gift of being able to peg QB's.

I even called Colt from his HS film (and 3 star status) as going to be a great one at Texas. So I hope I'm wrong.
I wouldn't take Weigman over Hudson Card. or any of these dudes, honestly.

That team hadn't been to the playoffs in a decade before Brady showed up. I think there's all kinds of context needed in the discussion.

For instance, the OL lost a starter from the AFC title game, but the rest of that line had been playing together and well enough that it played its best game of the season just two weeks ago.

Also... Brady in the last three games of the season beat Brees on the road, A-Rod on the road and Mahomes in a semi-home game.

Has a quarterback ever had a better three game quarterback scalp than Brady did this year?
I can't think of one. The craziest thing is that, to my eyes, the guy doesn't even look like he's close to the end.

We are all extremely lucky to have witnessed his greatness, and there won't be another like him for a long damn time.

... the OL lost a starter from the AFC title game, but the rest of that line had been playing together and well enough that it played its best game of the season just two weeks ago.
The announcers kept referring to the fact that KC was missing THREE starters on its offensive line. They were really MISSING one starter (left tackle) and had shifted two other starters to different starting positions. That is a lot of change no doubt, but not like they were having to play taxi squad level guys.

IMO, the dominance of the TB defensive line in generating a pass rush in this game was due more to their strength than KC's offensive line weakness. TB had also been able to generate good pressure against Rodgers and the GB line and Rodgers is hard to sack. Same for Brees and NO line.

I wouldn't take Weigman over Hudson Card. or any of these dudes, honestly.

Well, I hope you're right Ketch, but man I just see a very natural athlete with a cannon arm (which maybe he'll go pursue Baseball since he's a pitcher). I with you on Hudson, I think he's gonna be a great one. I do think Ewers is gonna be a very good QB as well. I think Klubnek is good as well and I like the way his head is wired. Great athlete but he needs some work on his release imo. But that looks like an easy thing to fix. I think this 22 class of QBs is going down as a great class.

Reactions: Esbatista
ADVERTISEMENT