ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (They don't get more important than this!)

I can't think of one. The craziest thing is that, to my eyes, the guy doesn't even look like he's close to the end.

We are all extremely lucky to have witnessed his greatness, and there won't be another like him for a long damn time.
We used to call Montana the best and he had four rings and had been to four games.

That feels so small now.

The announcers kept referring to the fact that KC was missing THREE starters on its offensive line. They were really MISSING one starter (left tackle) and had shifted two other starters to different starting positions. That is a lot of change no doubt, but not like they were having to play taxi squad level guys.

IMO, the dominance of the TB defensive line in generating a pass rush in this game was due more to their strength than KC's offensive line weakness. TB had also been able to generate good pressure against Rodgers and the GB line and Rodgers is hard to sack. Same for Brees and NO line.
Bingo.

That likely will not happen.

Portal life makes it more possible...especially if one of them is OOS & with a pretty thin QB room.

Darren Woodson was never a freaking lunch pail kind of guy. He was a freaking difference maker of the highest order.

I think he meant that personality wise & not on the field...nobody who watched him would suggest he wasn't a freak player...the only weakness he had were balls over the top, but, most safeties have trouble with that...especially converted LB's.

are you saying that Klubnik will sign with A&M if offered?

um, he has been offered and yes I think he makes it two QBs assuming that offer is still on the table. I know people with say that isn’t possible but we did it two years ago and then crashed and burned last year in the QB recruiting dept thanks to a strong effort to **** things up by Yurcich.

I am not sure how Wiegman feels about being 1 of 2 or if any promises were made there, so that will be a factor.

one can only hope this becomes a business decision because Sark is a top developer of QBs that go to the league. I have a tiny bit more hope due to the late Klubnik offer and subsequent commit of CW but it’s not much more.

I have four TV comedy recommendations to make from the last month or so.

1. After Life
2. Derry Girls
3. I'm Sorry
4. Derek

We just finished binging I'm Sorry and it's absolutely hilarious. Andrea Savage is all over the place with her humor but a lot of sexually explicit jokes so probably best later at night. But about as funny as a show centered around parenting/relationships can be. Not really any sappy stuff. Just good, often obscene comedic situations and dialogue. Poor Tom Everett Scott almost seems like he doesn't read the scripts and just ad libs his way through various forms of "Uh huh", "Yep!" or "Huh?" but it works because Savage immediately takes the wheel and steers this bus into crazy town.

As a physician, I always feel you should follow the science. You stated that non medical masks essentially don’t work. I would love to see a well controlled study that scientifically shows that to be the case. If it has not been shown in such a study, it is just hearsay.

There are a number of randomized controlled trials that show non-medical masks don't reduce transmission of influenza and at least one I'm aware of in the Netherlands regarding COVID transmission. I've heard there's a second such COVID study, but haven't been able to locate it. Plus there seems to be little correlation in COVID rates between cities, counties, and states with more vs. less restrictive mask requirements. Not surprising, since a huge amount of transmission occurs in households, close-quarters working environments (such as meat packing plants), and congregate living settings like elder care homes.

Ketch, why doesn't Ty Simpson's name come up as a 2022 QB of interest? Rivals has him ranked as the #3 Pro Style; a coaches son and quoted as saying he would love to visit Texas.

a. Or Murphy. First one to say yes. But, yeah, I have a man crush on Klubnik.

b. 9-3 is about where I'm at.

c. That one, too, but the Oakland game featured a team with an old quarterback routing a defending champion in Tampa! ;)

d. But, that GT offense was horrible.

e. John Lynch was never better than Darren Woodson a day in his life. Oh, and Woodson has a hand full of rings and was arguably better than Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Charles Hakey at his peak. He totally transformed the position. He was the first linebacker/safety tweener that took over the sport in the 90s by being able to play like a linebacker in run support, while covering tight endsm, backs and receivers as a cover guy.
I too am an OG member of the put some damn respect on Darren Woodson’s name club. He was the first of his kind and was overshadowed by bigger “names” and personalities on his own team at the time, so he never got the proper respect.

Texas is getting Bryce Anderson and Brenan Thompson.

I think Banks is way, way more important than Dewberry. Plenty of guards that can take Kam’s place.

Harold Perkins is Cy Park not Cy Creek.

Green is not a top 30 prospect. Not even the best TE prospect in the state.

I bet Texas gets Ewers in the end.
Agree with all of this.

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns
Well, of course, he did. Who is suggesting that he didn't?
I always love these kinds of arguments. Where we pretend every player doesn’t need help from their team in football. The Brady hate is strong.

um, he has been offered and yes I think he makes it two QBs assuming that offer is still on the table. I know people with say that isn’t possible but we did it two years ago and then crashed and burned last year in the QB recruiting dept thanks to a strong effort to **** things up by Yurcich.

I am not sure how Wiegman feels about being 1 of 2 or if any promises were made there, so that will be a factor.

one can only hope this becomes a business decision because Sark is a top developer of QBs that go to the league. I have a tiny bit more hope due to the late Klubnik offer and subsequent commit of CW but it’s not much more.

What we did a couple of years ago is really a completely different dynamic. Neither was from the state of Texas, and Neitherwas rated as high as this year’s class. Sounds like you’re hearing aggies in your ear, but I just don’t see 2 NATIONAL Top 50 QBs going to the same school, parent loyalty or not. Dynamics are much different now.

Ketch, why doesn't Ty Simpson's name come up as a 2022 QB of interest? Rivals has him ranked as the #3 Pro Style; a coaches son and quoted as saying he would love to visit Texas.
He’s committing very soon. Most likely Clemson.

He’s committing very soon. Most likely Clemson.
It kind of strikes odd to me that Rivals does not have Texas as having offered, but yet he has Texas in his top 10 list and states that he would like to visit Texas and Notre Dame; in a Rivals Blue and Gold write up. It just seems like we are missing the boat here. side note, Bama offered and he is followed by Sark on twitter.

What we did a couple of years ago is really a completely different dynamic. Neither was from the state of Texas, and Neitherwas rated as high as this year’s class. Sounds like you’re hearing aggies in your ear, but I just don’t see 2 NATIONAL Top 50 QBs going to the same school, parent loyalty or not. Dynamics are much different now.

so Card and Jackson weren’t national top 50 or from the same state? Ok. I wasn’t even taking about the first time we did it but thanks for reminding me.

It kind of strikes odd to me that Rivals does not have Texas as having offered, but yet he has Texas in his top 10 list and states that he would like to visit Texas and Notre Dame; in a Rivals Blue and Gold write up. It just seems like we are missing the boat here. side note, Bama offered and he is followed by Sark on twitter.
We aren’t missing the boat because he’s committing on Feb 17 I believe. Since you brought up Bama they are probably the only other team besides Clemson that has a shot to land him at this point.

There's no way both of those kids are going to A&M IMO.

When A&M took Weigman's commitment, the staff understood the implications IMO.

This is how that game is played.

We just finished binging I'm Sorry and it's absolutely hilarious. Andrea Savage is all over the place with her humor but a lot of sexually explicit jokes so probably best later at night. But about as funny as a show centered around parenting/relationships can be. Not really any sappy stuff. Just good, often obscene comedic situations and dialogue. Poor Tom Everett Scott almost seems like he doesn't read the scripts and just ad libs his way through various forms of "Uh huh", "Yep!" or "Huh?" but it works because Savage immediately takes the wheel and steers this bus into crazy town.
She's so fantastic. I love her. It's like This is 40 meets It's Always Sunny.

Because most people think he's going to Clemson.

Reactions: DKinnamon
I too am an OG member of the put some damn respect on Darren Woodson’s name club. He was the first of his kind and was overshadowed by bigger “names” and personalities on his own team at the time, so he never got the proper respect.
I will stand on a table for Darren Woodson.

Reactions: DKinnamon
I always love these kinds of arguments. Where we pretend every player doesn’t need help from their team in football. The Brady hate is strong.
I mean you don't beat a team by three scores with one guy dominating.

It's like there's only one slice of credit that can be given out in some people's minds.

ADVERTISEMENT