ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (They don't get more important than this!)

so Card and Jackson weren’t national top 50 or from the same state? Ok. I wasn’t even taking about the first time we did it but thanks for reminding me.
To be fair, neither were ranked quite that high when they committed, especially Card. I was super high on him, but it took a while for the national rankers everywhere to follow suit.

Reactions: DKinnamon
To be fair, neither were ranked quite that high when they committed, especially Card. I was super high on him, but it took a while for the national rankers everywhere to follow suit.
Indeed, from the jump. You had him as a 5 Star day 1

Reactions: Ketchum
There's no way both of those kids are going to A&M IMO.

When A&M took Weigman's commitment, the staff understood the implications IMO.

This is how that game is played.

fair enough. I hope that changes the conversation. Like I said, nothing would please me more to find his father at a game in burnt Orange. He will also have to get a new cup to walk around the office with.

fair enough. I hope that changes the conversation. Like I said, nothing would please me more to find his father at a game in burnt Orange. He will also have to get a new cup to walk around the office with.
His world is going to be so weird for the next few months.

um, he has been offered and yes I think he makes it two QBs assuming that offer is still on the table. I know people with say that isn’t possible but we did it two years ago and then crashed and burned last year in the QB recruiting dept thanks to a strong effort to **** things up by Yurcich.

I am not sure how Wiegman feels about being 1 of 2 or if any promises were made there, so that will be a factor.

one can only hope this becomes a business decision because Sark is a top developer of QBs that go to the league. I have a tiny bit more hope due to the late Klubnik offer and subsequent commit of CW but it’s not much more.
Well, this would certainly suck balls.

I mean you don't beat a team by three scores with one guy dominating.

It's like there's only one slice of credit that can be given out in some people's minds.
There’s a lot of weird arguments in sports where people try to take things away for completely illogical reasons. Like if he doesn’t break off an 80 yard run, he only runs for 65 yards in the game. Ok? That’s not how it works. All that shit counts. Why wouldn’t it?

Or if LeBron James isn’t on the team, they don’t win the championship or VY on the Texas team or whoever. Yeah but they are on the team just like every other team gets those benefits when they have that player. It’s called team sports. That’s how it works. People arguing against Brady at this are so obviously agenda driven that I can’t believe they don’t just admit it.

Reactions: hooked76
so Card and Jackson weren’t national top 50 or from the same state? Ok. I wasn’t even taking about the first time we did it but thanks for reminding me.
Was JQJ Top 50 in the nation? I might be wrong, but I don’t think he was.

Even so, in both past cases, one of those 2 was out of the program after a year, so it still makes my point. No way 2 of these 4 end up at the same school.

Reactions: Russhorn
There’s a lot of weird arguments in sports where people try to take things away for completely illogical reasons. Like if he doesn’t break off an 80 yard run, he only runs for 65 yards in the game. Ok? That’s not how it works. All that shit counts. Why wouldn’t it?

Or if LeBron James isn’t on the team, they don’t win the championship or VY on the Texas team or whoever. Yeah but they are on the team just like every other team gets those benefits when they have that player. It’s called team sports. That’s how it works. People arguing against Brady at this are so obviously agenda driven that I can’t believe they don’t just admit it.
At this point, it just makes you sound dumb to try to marginalize Brady.

@Ketchum
would you rather have Klubnik
or Murphy, knowing Murphy's recruiting connections to other OOS kids and how close he is to a lot of the highly rated 2022 kids.

meaning Murphy could have a much higher impact on recruiting for 2022.
A Georgia kid is much more likely to bail at the last minute.

His world is going to be so weird for the next few months.

man I hope so. My rising Jr has an outside chance to be a mid to high D1 recruit at WR. He is 6’2 180 and runs a legit 4.7. I have asked myself what I would do if he wanted to go somewhere besides Texas which I figure is either a stupid pipe dream or a great problem to have, but I can’t imagine him playing in another color than Burnt Orange if he is good enough to get an offer. Tod is feeling the same way right now.

Was JQJ Top 50 in the nation? I might be wrong, but I don’t think he was.

Even so, in both past cases, one of those 2 was out of the program after a year, so it still makes my point. No way 2 of these 4 end up at the same school.

Maybe he wasn’t but I fear we got the worst of that deal. JQJ is the truth. I saw Card play a few times. He was good.

in any case we will see. Aggy blood runs deep but clearly they prioritized another kid which helps us. Still don’t think he comes here .

Last edited:
man I hope so. My rising Jr has an outside chance to be a mid to high D1 recruit at WR. He is 6’2 180 and runs a legit 4.7

Maybe he wasn’t but I fear we got the worst of that deal. JQJ is the truth. I saw Card play a few times. He was good.

in any case we will see. Aggy blood runs deep but clearly they prioritized another kid which helps us. Still don’t think he comes here .
You might be right on JQJ. I love that kid.

And yeah, he may not come here, but he isn’t going to aggie if Connor’s commitment holds.

Reactions: Russhorn
I think Ketch makes some fair points about basketball and Shaka. He has a strong run in March, nothing else matters, and vice versa.

man I hope so. My rising Jr has an outside chance to be a mid to high D1 recruit at WR. He is 6’2 180 and runs a legit 4.7. I have asked myself what I would do if he wanted to go somewhere besides Texas which I figure is either a stupid pipe dream or a great problem to have, but I can’t imagine him playing in another color than Burnt Orange if he is good enough to get an offer. Tod is feeling the same way right now.
This is a strange time for parents, for a million reasons. Todd is going to have a lot of internal WTF conversations. Same with you, potentially. ;)

And.... What is the story?:)
Jackson asked Yurcich to give him a reason to stay and Yurcich really didn't have one. Jackson then asked him if he had even bothered to ever watch his high school film and Yurcich allegedly admitted that he had not.

Considering Yurcich had him behind a walk-on in terms of reps with the scout team... that was all he needed to hear.

ADVERTISEMENT