ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for a 5 star to be a 5 star)

Given what we know about our 4 year starter and his well established strengths and weaknesses, another storyline is what does Sam need to adjust to be a better QB besides making sure he slides on every run? I love the guy's grit and leadership. Just wondering what our experts think?
Sam has to read what's around him faster. There are still too many times when he's seeing things on the field a little slower than he needs to.

“Expectations for the 2021 season for the Longhorns should be 2 wins less than whatever the total is 2020 due to the loss of key personnel and a potentially putrid offensive line in 2021?”

(Sell) You might be exactly right, but you know what ... Hudson Card might be the real deal, especially with really good coaching.

Underrated post....considering the undertone being that there likely will be a new head coach which could actually provide “really good coaching.”

Reactions: pdrscott99
Ever since Mack it seemed like we’ve always hesitated playing the best players most of the game. No disrespect to Kai Money but we need elite talent out there every play.
It's not just Money. I'm trying to understand what having Kelvontay Dixon involved in the offense in the first drive was trying to accomplish. He had as many targets as Moore.

No.10 - And finally...

It's nice to out The Eyes of Texas saga behind us as it relates to the football team. It only took until the last week of October, but better late than never.

behind us?.......are you a betting man?

didn't I do one of yours in the last week or two?

Just messing with ya. I think some of my ?s have been duplicates with other folk’s questions. Hopefully Herman gets the Bijan memo.

Last edited:
No.10 - And finally...

It's nice to out The Eyes of Texas saga behind us as it relates to the football team. It only took until the last week of October, but better late than never.

behind us?.......are you a betting man?
with the football team, I think this thing will become a back story. The band and the school? we'll see.

Without Jerry Jeff Walker, Texas music as we know it simply wouldn't exist. We lost an icon this weekend. Here's hoping there was a honky tonk in the sky with all of his old friends waiting for him.

Rest in peace.

10. Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother
9. I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight
8. Pissin' in the Wind
7. Gypsy Songman
6. Sangria Wine
5. Desperados Waiting For The Train
4. Little Bird
3. London Homesick Blues
2. L.A. Freeway
1. Mr. Bojangles

Oh my. Probably his most iconic song that links him to Austin and the Hill Country - “Hill Country Rain” - doesn’t even make the Top Ten? JSMDH:

“Sometimes I just wake up hummin'
Feelin' like the world is right
Want to jump right up and run outside
And take in the morning light
And feel the music running through me
Makes me want to dance
Clap my hands and dance.

Sometimes it just takes my lady
To smile and make my day complete
And when she's touching me
I feel free and easy to be me
Lucky to be alive
Feelin' alright
Take a walk outside

People they tell me now,
You're living too fast
Slow down now Jerry boy
Take it easy let some of life pass
But I don't know no other way
Got to live it day to day
But if I die before my time
When I leave I'm leaving nothing behind

*Cause I got a feeling
Something that I can't explain
It's like dancing naked
In that high hill country rain
I ain't worried 'bout tomorrow
I'll get by best I can
Lovin' is my will to live
It makes me laugh
Want to sing and dance
Clap my hands, yeah!”

Jerry Jeff, you may have died before your time, but you sure as hell left a lot behind.

RIP buckaroo.

Additional point of discussion:

Could Tariq Black beat Cosmi in a foot race? Jesus he got reeled in with the quickness.

ADVERTISEMENT