ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for a 5 star to be a 5 star)

It's got to be a byproduct of a player hearing all offseason how he's a surefire first round pick 12 months down the road. I mean, it's human nature to already start packing your bags.
Yup.

I still want to see what the football team does if they lose a game at home instead of win. Easier to stand out there as a team and show respect for the fans and the school when you win and most of the fans are still there.

I don't even know what the Eyes of Texas looks like at a road game right now with no band and the opponent's PA system not playing the song. Does it matter this year what they do on the road?
No Eyes on the road right now, at least there wasn't vs. Tech.

- Definitely time for more Bijan. He has more upside.

- I think every outcome is on the table against Oklahoma State.

- It will be interesting what the college advisory committee tells Cosmi.

I hear it's all kinds of complicated. I don't have any idea how that gets resolved.
I dunno...listening to Willie play on the jumbo during halftime seems like a reasonable alternative to the Band. Also, think of the cost savings...

Reactions: Texa$Man
I dunno...listening to Willie play on the jumbo during halftime seems like a reasonable alternative to the Band. Also, think of the cost savings...
That's a pretty horrible long-term solution IMO.

Agreed. End of the day I’m all for the color and pageantry of College Football
Bomani Jones said something the other day that made me wonder.

He said that the reason everyone loves the song is because it's about Texas, that the joy and the unity is about the idea of Texas... not the song itself.

On paper, he's right. It should be the idea of singing about Texas together that matters most.

Yet, these things aren't settled on paper, I suppose.

What about the other 5 star talent on the offense? Is Whittington hurt? If not, why not a couple of WR screens or end arounds or some other vehicle to get him the ball in the open field?

What about the other 5 star talent on the offense? Is Whittington hurt? If not, why not a couple of WR screens or end arounds or some other vehicle to get him the ball in the open field?
Yes, he's hurt and out indefinitely.

10. Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother
9. I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight
8. Pissin' in the Wind
7. Gypsy Songman
6. Sangria Wine
5. Desperados Waiting For The Train
4. Little Bird
3. London Homesick Blues
2. L.A. Freeway
1. Mr. Bojangles

He didn't write a few of those, but he played the hell out of them...

Cool story on Mr. Bojangles

13zf1TG.jpg

Reactions: txfight and Ketchum
That sounds like a disaster in the making.
Unless Sam turns into the QB he was during the Sugar Bowl, I have lost faith in him as a passer. He under throws his deep pass and severely over throws his out routes. I can’t remember the last time I saw him hit a receiver in stride or led a receiver.

That sounds like a disaster in the making.
You probably knew this but I was kinda shocked at the stat shown on Saturday.

Sam is 18-0 IIRC( but for sure undefeated)when throwing less that 34 times a game and abysmal
(record wise)when throwing more that that.I forgot the number.

Fire Herman.
Hire Urban.
You need to get over your obsession with Urban Meyer. He will not be brought to Texas while CDC is AD nor will the regents approve his hiring. Texas wants nothing to do with the bon fire Urban leaves behind with another one of his retirements for health reasons especially not what he left at Florida. Urban Meyer is a win at all costs coach and not real concerned about how he goes about it. That is not Texas acceptable

You probably knew this but I was kinda shocked at the stat shown on Saturday.

Sam is 18-0 IIRC( but for sure undefeated)when throwing less that 34 times a game and abysmal
(record wise)when throwing more that that.I forgot the number.

I would love to see @Alex Dunlap or @Suchomel do an in-depth analysis of this stat and add some context to it. I think we would see that there's a little to it than it appears on the surface.

ADVERTISEMENT