ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for a 5 star to be a 5 star)

Mr. Bojangles is his greatest contribution of art to the world. It's a legit all-time great classic across all genres.
We danced for those at minstrel shows and county fairs
Throughout the south

Buy/Sell--Given the reference to Minstrel Shows in Mr. Bojangles, should it be banned from the airways; does the reference discredit it so that it should not be #1; is JJW a racist for writing it?

I like the song a lot and I am joking as to asking for a B/S on this. I also know there are explanations and contexts of the use of the word minstrel in this song that make it not racist.

I do think, however, one could make an argument it might be racist, and if I was a professor at an acclaimed university I could argue in such a manner that I think I could stir up a racist backlash among students regarding the song.

Reactions: KatyKid
You need to get over your obsession with Urban Meyer. He will not be brought to Texas while CDC is AD nor will the regents approve his hiring. Texas wants nothing to do with the bon fire Urban leaves behind with another one of his retirements for health reasons especially not what he left at Florida. Urban Meyer is a win at all costs coach and not real concerned about how he goes about it. That is not Texas acceptable

Naw I’m good.

The “Texas” way sure hasn’t kept this place from being a perpetual clown fire dumpster show. It’s raging at an all time high in program history right freakin now. How’s that working out?

Never say never. UFC has a way of developing badder and badder dudes. He's no Jon Jones.
God you’re such a mark. Btw, you missed a great card. I had the UFC on a uhhh free stream on one TV with football on the other. Guess what was better out of the UFC event or the longhorn game?

Khabib is an all time great, but he still has a little work to do if he really wants to eclipse a few others. Talent for talent, he’s right there with anyone, but legacy is a different story. I can see him maybe getting permission from his mother for a GSP fight (He and his family have a lot of respect for GSP) at a catch weight to try and complete the 30-0 and really put a cherry on top.

Man it’s been a rough month for musicians that shaped large parts of my youth. First Eddie Van Halen and now Jerry Jeff Walker. Two different genres of music but each brings back fond memories.

You probably knew this but I was kinda shocked at the stat shown on Saturday.

Sam is 18-0 IIRC( but for sure undefeated)when throwing less that 34 times a game and abysmal
(record wise)when throwing more that that.I forgot the number.

I'm curious to know who those 18 teams were?

God you’re such a mark. Btw, you missed a great card. I had the UFC on a uhhh free stream on one TV with football on the other. Guess what was better out of the UFC event or the longhorn game?

Khabib is an all time great, but he still has a little work to do if he really wants to eclipse a few others. Talent for talent, he’s right there with anyone, but legacy is a different story. I can see him maybe getting permission from his mother for a GSP fight (He and his family have a lot of respect for GSP) at a catch weight to try and complete the 30-0 and really put a cherry on top.
I hate myself that I love Jon Jones.

I hate myself that I love Jon Jones.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT