ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to earn some damn respect)

On the O-line did they not see just how bad they were in the spring? I mean Flood is getting paid $1.1 million a year right? Maybe they could have gotten someone that wasn't a swinging gate to the QB. Just 1 guy.

There are no excuses this year. 8 wins should be the bare minimum. 7 wins means they lost to at least 2 teams they shouldn't have. There aren't 4 teams on their schedule who are better than them this year talent wise.

I would argue there is 1 team in Alabama no one else.
Baylor won that Big 12 title largely because they brought in two OL starters./

So.. How many teams will have a better defense that they play besides Bama? Can they not play close to average? Just anything better than last year? MAYBE?

On offense who besides Alabama has more talent? Can the O-line just give the QB 3 seconds. ( Well besides the Bama game:))

My biggest worry is the kicking game.
I try to answer this question every year and the answer is always... somebody.

And who starts at LB, DE & Safety, because those positions killed us, too. What would your hypothetical O/U on wins on 2021 have been if Herman had stayed? Because I'm pretty sure our offense would have stalled with Mensa calling plays behind that OL, and our defense was clearly going to be bad, too. Maybe we catch a break or two (hell, Sark seems to have caught zero breaks) but we'd have still been a bad team.

ps, forgot to mention above, but great 10TFTW this week.
Probably 8-4ish... 9-4 with a bowl win

Reactions: styrbjorn
Tom probably would have done better that the 5-7 of last year. But given the trend of his recruiting & development, he probably would have experienced that 5-7 record this year.
Nah, I think he's an 8-win guy every year kind of dude, which is its own set of problems.

@Ketchum as this is the time for outrageously too early rankings on teams and coaches, I'd love to see your list of the top Assistant Coaches at every position across the Big XII. I know Sark has a ways to go but I still think we've got some seriously talented assistant coaches on the staff.

I think that we’ve improved at every position is the good news. The bad news is our D was the worst in history and has no clear game changers. The OL will play better knowing that the youngsters are foaming at the mouth. The O skill positions are sick.

It all comes down to QB play. We could go 9-3 or 6-6.

@Ketchum as this is the time for outrageously too early rankings on teams and coaches, I'd love to see your list of the top Assistant Coaches at every position across the Big XII. I know Sark has a ways to go but I still think we've got some seriously talented assistant coaches on the staff.
I'll see how I do. Not sure how qualified I am to make such a list. I don't know all of the coaches on every staff.

Reactions: WhatAboutEggs
I think that we’ve improved at every position is the good news. The bad news is our D was the worst in history and has no clear game changers. The OL will play better knowing that the youngsters are foaming at the mouth. The O skill positions are sick.

It all comes down to QB play. We could go 9-3 or 6-6.
that's fair.

Why is there so much hype about movie ratings while there was no mention about Longhorn baseball in the entire column?

9 - 3 vs. 8 - 4 seems the obvious balance of the scales for success/failure of the season ...

9 - 3 likely means L to Bama and a split of the 4 games against; OU, OSU, Baylor & K State ... and importantly, no losses to clearly inferior opponents. This also means at least a shot at a Big12 Championship game slot depending on how tie breakers play out. Even without Big12 Championship Game slot, Texas likely gets a quality bowl bid.

8 - 4 likely means 1 -3 against the 4 other top Big 12 Teams (a failure) or a surprising loss to an inferior Big12 Team like WVU, TCU or Tech (a failure). It also means zero shot at Big 12 Championship Game slot and another trip to the Alamo Bowl.

Sark needs to have "9 - 3 or Bust" tattooed on his ass this year and show it to the boys every week before the game to make sure they know what's on the line!

Reactions: horns--21
RIP Jimmy Caan. Sark, take us into OU undefeated. I love the recruiting but that seems so next year. Tired of being less than mediocre. Hook ‘em 🤘🏼🤘🏼

Reactions: horns--21
(Buy) I mentioned in the 10TFTW thread last week that the word o the street was that USC wasn't coming through on its NIL claims and I've been telling you since early May that all of the talk from Cowherd and others that 2 million was on the table in L.A. was a bunch of BS. The reality is that Texas had a better NIL pitch in place and people around Addison knew it.

I had a chance to interact with a Pitt source recently and the word I received is that Pitt's NIL package for Addison was around $1.5M. My guess is USC absolutely offered him $2M or more, and if he is pissed off at USC, my guess is they are delivering less than the $1.5M Pitt offered.

I had a chance to interact with a Pitt source recently and the word I received is that Pitt's NIL package for Addison was around $1.5M. My guess is USC absolutely offered him $2M or more, and if he is pissed off at USC, my guess is they are delivering less than the $1.5M Pitt offered.
He did not have an offer that large from USC.

As I've been reporting for two months.

jarjar-binks-starwars-darth-jarjar-jarjarisback.gif
weirdly, this gif pleases me. 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: McGuapo
Stop spoon feeding Kool-Aid!
1) We went 5-7 last year and lost to Kansas.
2) Our O-L is talented but we may start 2-3 freshmen. It's got to be the worst position on the field to be young at.
3) We haven't had a pass rush in 2 presidential terms.
4) Our starting QB hasn't thrown a pass in a game in 800 days. Hasn't thrown one in college EVER.

Nobody wants to be wrong more than me, but we are selectively ignoring a lot of important facts; not opinions, FACTS!

I will be thriled when we win 8 games next year because I'm trying so hard to keep my expectations in check.

Reactions: DrewH14
I'm really confused by this statement.
Talking about all the great talent, the conference is up for grabs, 8.5 regular season wins, Sarkisian isn't getting the credit he derserves... You're low-key giving me hope to dream and it's not healthy. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the damn football. "This time it's really going to happen!"

Talking about all the great talent, the conference is up for grabs, 8.5 regular season wins, Sarkisian isn't getting the credit he derserves... You're low-key giving me hope to dream and it's not healthy. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the damn football. "This time it's really going to happen!"
8.5 wins per game is giving hope to dream? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT