ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Time to double down on Sam...)

Hopefully they push Graham, because he needs to make big improvement this season. Unless Collins stays inside, which I'll be happy with too.
Graham has been inconsistent. He played well in the last couple of games last year. Although, Utah was not a proficient passing team. Texas’ Achilles‘ heel.

Until BJ Foster starts performing from a pass coverage standpoint, the thought of him being the 2nd best defensive player is ridiculous. The guy is a stud but he may not even start this year

He has made a handful of wow plays. He oozes athleticism. But, he probably has a lot more poor plays on film. He is young still. We will see.

He has made a handful of wow plays. He oozes athleticism. But, he probably has a lot more poor plays on film. He is young still. We will see.
He's gotta stay out of the red practice shirts.

Hard to disagree. As much as people want to STILL tout Caden Sterns and BJ Foster, the simple fact is currently Brown is a superior player to both.

I have to disagree. Brown has been mostly average and does not wrap up yet. Recently watched some games from 2019. Sterns is not the be all end all folks pump him up to be, but he is solid. Foster had more poor plays than good play but oozes potential.

I have to disagree. Brown has been mostly average and does not wrap up yet. Recently watched some games from 2019. Sterns is not the be all end all folks pump him up to be, but he is solid. Foster had more poor plays than good play but oozes potential.
Sterns literally touched the ball in a game last year one more time than you did.

Sterns literally touched the ball in a game last year one more time than you did.

well...there is that. But, he made a ton of tackles. The whole secondary was a cluster for most of the season.

Has Wright thrown against a similar number of D1 programs that Ehlinger did as a true frosh? At the end of the day, Ehlinger, as a recruit, was seen as a significantly higher QB prospect than Wright.

it’s incredible this is even a discussion to me. All anyone has to do is go back to the film of Ehlinger’s high school junior season championship game against North Shore.

North Shore had an incredible defense, and they hounded and hit Ehlinger the entire game. He was under major duress but never folded. Eventually, he brought his team back on a last drive scenario to tie the game, sending it to overtime. He was still getting hammered but made some amazing plays.

To contrast, Hudson Card was totally rattled his junior year against North Shore in the playoffs. He threw poorly. To be fair, he got pounded all day and LT Was overmatched on both sides of the ball. But he folded. To his credit, LT played North Shore his senior year, and he played much better. So he had growth, and fared better under duress. That is a great sign.

Sam could compete with any of them and projecting kids who have not faced the D-1 heat to be better is sort of silly.

What did you think of the main fight this weekend?
Man, for the first time in forever I didn’t watch. I was at a friend’s doing bbq and swimming with kiddos.

Man, for the first time in forever I didn’t watch. I was at a friend’s doing bbq and swimming with kiddos.
That sounds like a bad ass time. Kinda jealous. I did watch.

I thought they got it right. Good for Frankie.

Reactions: McGuapo
That sounds like a bad ass time. Kinda jealous. I did watch.

I thought they got it right. Good for Frankie.
It was great. It’s nice to feel normal.

Frankie is easy to root for.

ADVERTISEMENT