ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Tom Herman's big 2018)

None of those players have proven to be that kind of player yet, although I and you both expect jumps up this year.

Omenihu is a perfect example.
Neither has LJH but he's on your list. These three have the talent and should get there this year.

But yet the SJW’s of this world are going to SJW. Actually when you think about it nothing but pure sanctimonious BS.
Are we sure it's the SJWs who are being sanctimonious?

Someone doesn’t know what canary in a coal mine means.

If Lorenzo Cain (current teammate and African American) says Hader is good and he holds no ill will, not sure white boy from Austin has room to tell me how I should feel about how people react to him.
Whether Cain is right or wrong doesn't change what happened. The reaction from fans is the discussion.

It's like when I went to see the Sixers/Spurs in 1989 and the Spurs fans gave him a standing ovation hours after he was arrested for a sexual assault charge.

Fans are gonna fans.

While it's pretty unpopular to straddle the fence around these parts, I have to admit that I'm pretty unsure about how I personally feel.

Agreed. While I'd like to say with a HIGH degree of certainty that we will win no less than 9-10 games this season, right now I can't say that w/o knowing there's some definite concern that won't be eliminated until we actually see this team.

BUY or SELL: If we start 3-0, then we play in the BIG12 championship game?

(Buy) It's a baby buy, but yeah, a 3-0 start would indicate that things are headed in the championship game type of direction.

Hmmm, not quite sure. For one, none of those are conference games. Secondly, one can EASILY argue that games 4-6 represent a MUCH more stout test for this team than games 1-3.

Reactions: Crit1402
Hmmm, not quite sure. For one, none of those are conference games. Secondly, one can EASILY argue that games 4-6 represent a MUCH more stout test for this team than games 1-3.
oh, they do.

I generally agree with the "Championship Caliber Players" list, but I do think it is worth noting how small the body of work is for each actually playing at a championship level to date. For the majority, a few games as most? A game here are there? A handful of highlight worthy plays across a full season? I guess the point is we're projecting and expecting greatness from these guys more than saying they've already proven themselves to be at that level.

For ave b grocery, I go blt w avocado on white. Amazing sandwich.

... Tiger Woods gave it a good run this weekend and he can hang his head up high ... but, that might be the closest he ever gets to another major.

We'll see. 8 months ago people doubted he'd be able to make cuts on the tour. With Tiger, the next 2-3 years are simple. If he can maintain solid semblance of health, then there will be more opportunities. And with signs of life again for his putter, then, at least for now, things are pointing up. What is interesting is he is now back in the top 50 which, means he would be in the field for next spring's Dell Match Play. Should he choose to play it.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
I would say there isn't enough data to talk about the future of Herman, until we know how this season plays out. The strides that badass head coaches make in year 2 is everything that matters.

Agreed on No. 3

What a strike by Trapp, trying to play his way into the national team

I generally agree with the "Championship Caliber Players" list, but I do think it is worth noting how small the body of work is for each actually playing at a championship level to date. For the majority, a few games as most? A game here are there? A handful of highlight worthy plays across a full season? I guess the point is we're projecting and expecting greatness from these guys more than saying they've already proven themselves to be at that level.
true. very true.

We'll see. 8 months ago people doubted he'd be able to make cuts on the tour. With Tiger, the next 2-3 years are simple. If he can maintain solid semblance of health, then there will be more opportunities. And with signs of life again for his putter, then, at least for now, things are pointing up. What is interesting is he is now back in the top 50 which, means he would be in the field for next spring's Dell Match Play. Should he choose to play it.
I've always felt that he and Phil would make occasional runs in majors until they are 50.

Tiger was in the lead on Sunday. I don't know how many more times we'll see it, but it'll happen again. I just don't know if he can finish.

I would say there isn't enough data to talk about the future of Herman, until we know how this season plays out. The strides that badass head coaches make in year 2 is everything that matters.
agreed.

I think comparing Jordan's round yesterday to Phil Mickelson scenarios is being a bit kind to Jordan at this point. Jordan is really starting to make a habit of not playing well in big moments/from the lead. And it doesn't feel like Mickelson over the top risk taking to me most of the time (maybe the second shot out of the rough on the par 5 that led to double fits that model … just maybe).

Golf is a very tough game mentally and most of us can't even imagine the pressure of trying to play great golf on a Sunday in a major in the last group. But I think it is safe to say that right now Jordan is not handling that pressure well. And nobody knows that better than Jordan himself on this Monday AM.

Whether Cain is right or wrong doesn't change what happened. The reaction from fans is the discussion.

It's like when I went to see the Sixers/Spurs in 1989 and the Spurs fans gave him a standing ovation hours after he was arrested for a sexual assault charge.

Fans are gonna fans.
If Ramonce is announced as a guest at a game at DKR, I wonder what the reaction would be if fans gave him a standing O.

I think it would be deserved because he's clearly moved on with his life and his past actions have served as a learning lesson. You?

I know I’ll get some snarky remark but in over 17 yrs of feeding this place 10.00 a month that is the most mail it in column in the history of this place.

Not one damn bit of new info , recruiting news or team coverage.......that was straight up piss poor.

Time to beat the bushes and get some new sources.

Flame away.
Another example of hiding behind a keyboard saying things to someone that you would never say to their face... :rolleyes:

Most weddings I've been to where 23 - 27/year olds that had gone to big time sports program colleges got married, there was some public display in the wedding of college loyalties. Typically fight song slipped into the play list or impromptu school chant or logo/mascot on cake etc.

I think as we get older this seems less appropriate, but weddings are meant to be fun and most the time it seems like everybody gets a chuckle out of it.

One exception is aggy weddings. I've been to a few and in typical aggy fashion they don't know how to do this kind of stuff in moderation or in good taste. And about the 5th aggy thing that comes up in the wedding leaves most non aggy in attendance ready to barf. Luckily for aggy, they are usually too dense to notice.

"Josh Hader was given a standing ovation by Milwaukee Brewers fans. Fellas, he's not a victim. He did nothing to warrant such an ovation."

@Ketchum I have been in Milwaukee for 20 plus years. These people are definentlty not racist. They are very sensitive to racism and are very soft hearted people. I have no doubt they were applauding his apologetic overtures and the support of his black team mates. This value of coming together beyond race is a big part of their cultural values. They teach it to their kids and I witness their distaste for racism consistently. I'm sorry, but your reading is wrong and an unfortunate inference against these kind people.

ADVERTISEMENT