ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Tom Herman's big 2018)

You're literally inventing shit that doesn't exist and thoughts that haven't been expressed, all in the name of the political ideology that has you blinded from open and real talk.

We are a country ruled by law. Not simple-minded, empty thinking. Looks like that is changing. Too bad.

And you took text that I deleted, had no intent to post as I was interrupted and could not complete the argument, and posted it.

I dont know what this guy did long ago, or what he believes now. You are a much better at mind reading.

His teammates standing up for him means nothing for me.

It's a sports team. They view life through the prism of the team, first and foremost.

I don't have an expiration date on hate and vile ugliness, but that's just me. Perhaps I prioritize things differently than some.
Well, that's sad for you and sad for society. Our biggest problem today. You can't forgive people, scary for you when you need forgiveness.

I don't expect forgiveness from you for what I said I felt 25 years ago, because you don't have an expiration date. 10-4 buddy. Don't try and say what I said doesn't apply, the only difference is mine wasn't on social media.

Reactions: DrothmanII
What does that look like? I must miss it every time one of these issues is brought up here. You do mention it quite a bit, though.
Little things like taking into consideration the feelings and thoughts of people not like me for starters.

Well, that's sad for you and sad for society. Our biggest problem today. You can't forgive people, scary for you when you need forgiveness.

I don't expect forgiveness from you for what I said I felt 25 years ago, because you don't have an expiration date. 10-4 buddy. Don't try and say what I said doesn't apply, the only difference is mine wasn't on social media.
I haven't said that I forgive him or don't forgive him. It's not my place to forgive him. It's not my forgiveness that he should probably seek. Or yours.

I'm just not giving him a free pass because of the mean ol' media.

One of the best things about Inside Texas is that I have no clue as to the political or social views of Clendon Ross.
This site would be improved if that were true here as well as to the political and social views of top management.
All you know of my "politics" is the following.

I am pro-women.
I am pro-people of all origins.
I am pro people of all races.
I am pro people of all backgrounds.
I am pro love.
I am pro human rights.
I am pro-truth and facts.

I push back strongly against ideology that fights against my pros.

All you know of my "politics" is the following.

I am pro-women.
I am pro-people of all origins.
I am pro people of all races.
I am pro people of all backgrounds.
I am pro love.
I am pro human rights.
I am pro-truth and facts.

I push back strongly against ideology that fights against my pros.

Me too, Ketch. Now where are we?

Reactions: scary jarbro
His teammates standing up for him means nothing for me.

It's a sports team. They view life through the prism of the team, first and foremost.

I don't have an expiration date on hate and vile ugliness, but that's just me. Perhaps I prioritize things differently than some.

1. You don’t know anyone who plays for the Brewers and you don’t know how any of them view life. Making assumptions like that because they play baseball for a living (as opposed to say, writing about football and recruiting for a living) is stupid.

2. Get over yourself. Dude sent some really dumb texts when he was 17 and has apologized profusely. Ease up on the SJW stuff please. You’re sounding Huffington Post-ish.

Interesting that a single line from this column is the only thing that a few can focus on.
@Ketchum, I hear you, and I chose to focus on the fact they you’re now on record as predicting that Tom Herman will not win the national championship at Texas. Bold prediction after 13 games and what appears to be lights-out recruiting in his first cycle after a 7-6 season and likely another top 10 class in ‘19. At least we know now what you’ll be pulling for in order to prove you right.

Interesting that a single line from this column is the only thing that a few can focus on.
I find that interesting as well. Not for any of the reasons you do, though. You put that in there for these reactions.

I think, by far, the most egregious thing you said in there was Herman would never win a Championship. That is the one thing I envy about Aggy. Their boards and mods try to help the program and sell hope. Ours, not so much. The owner of our biggest board just said after our coach has been on the job one year that produced one of the best products we have seen on the field in some time and then signing one of our best recruiting classes we have ever had, that he isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land. What is worse, is when you say something like that, you know you have your blind followers who will slowly start parroting it. You are working to create negative momentum for the product we pay you to support.

I think you are to a point where you feel you are bigger than the program that made you. We dont pay you $10 a month, because we care about your Social/political issues. We pay you, because we all bleed Orange and seek as much info as possible about the team. Herman is 1 year in and we should be being sold the hope that creates momentum, not sour grapes. You can be objective without crapping on our product.

I find that interesting as well. Not for any of the reasons you do, though. You put that in there for these reactions.

I think, by far, the most egregious thing you said in there was Herman would never win a Championship. That is the one thing I envy about Aggy. Their boards and mods try to help the program and sell hope. Ours, not so much. The owner of our biggest board just said after our coach has been on the job one year that produced one of the best products we have seen on the field in some time and then signing one of our best recruiting classes we have ever had, that he isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land. What is worse, is when you say something like that, you know you have your blind followers who will slowly start parroting it. You are working to create negative momentum for the product we pay you to support.

I think you are to a point where you feel you are bigger than the program that made you. We dont pay you $10 a month, because we care about your Social/political issues. We pay you, because we all bleed Orange and seek as much info as possible about the team. Herman is 1 year in and we should be being sold the hope that creates momentum, not sour grapes. You can be objective without crapping on our product.
You're upset because I'm not the kind of homer who lies to you in an effort to mislead you into a false sense of awareness?

Most people like that about me.

@Ketchum, I hear you, and I chose to focus on the fact they you’re now on record as predicting that Tom Herman will not win the national championship at Texas. Bold prediction after 13 games and what appears to be lights-out recruiting in his first cycle after a 7-6 season and likely another top 10 class in ‘19. At least we know now what you’ll be pulling for in order to prove you right.
Is it really that bold? Winning national titles is hard. There's a reason that Texas has only won one in nearly five decades.

I find it ridiculous that some are so quick to even have a national title discussion, considering the state of the program in the last decade and the reality of so many remaining question marks. Herman has not earned that type of benefit of the doubt.

You're upset because I'm not the kind of homer who lies to you in an effort to mislead you into a false sense of awareness?

Most people like that about me.
I think that is one of your biggest flaws. You pretend to tell it like it is, as long as it fits what you are trying to sell.

Take Smart and Herman as our two examples. One guy came in and improved the product on the field, our recruiting, and pretty much everything else associated with the program immdiately, and he is not the guy. The other guy came in, has been here 3 years, and has been a disappointment in almost every way possible. He, on the other hand, is the guy. You are willing to sell hope for the guy who hasn't earned it and crap on the guy, that at the very least deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.

How on earth could you ever arrive to those two conclusions based on the evidence we all have witnessed? How are we supposed to take you serious in any way with those two extremes? How on earth could you ever even justify that logic?

On top of that, you were still selling hope for Strong in year 3 of his disaster. It is clear you have an agenda that has nothing to do with the product we all see.

And yes, you are correct. I think most of us here would rather be excited about the upcoming season, the future of our program in general, and be fed the hope of reaching another championship. There might be 5% of the people here who rather you try to squash that hope. Half of those 5% are probably already talking about it on their boards.

The objectivity we want from you revolves more around the holes on the team, game plans, etc. We don't pay for you try to sabotage our program, though.

Reactions: cooleyo
That's why they call it Social Judgement Watchdog. Dig up something from 20 years ago and use it to drive societal division and hate, with no knowledge of the current situation. If this is proof of an unsolved murder or unsolved heinous crime, I'm

That is ok, if they take us to 9+ wins this year, and support 11 wins in 2019. Natty in 2020 is fine by me.
8 wins is my prediction if we are lucky

I think that is one of your biggest flaws. You pretend to tell it like it is, as long as it fits what you are trying to sell.

Take Smart and Herman as our two examples. One guy came in and improved the product on the field, our recruiting, and pretty much everything else associated with the program immdiately, and he is not the guy. The other guy came in, has been here 3 years, and has been a disappointment in almost every way possible. He, on the other hand, is the guy. You are willing to sell hope for the guy who hasn't earned it and crap on the guy, that at the very least deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.

How on earth could you ever arrive to those two conclusions based on the evidence we all have witnessed? How are we supposed to take you serious in any way with those two extremes? How on earth could you ever even justify that logic?

On top of that, you were still selling hope for Strong in year 3 of his disaster. It is clear you have an agenda that has nothing to do with the product we all see.

And yes, you are correct. I think most of us here would rather be excited about the upcoming season, the future of our program in general, and be fed the hope of reaching another championship. There might be 5% of the people here who rather you try to squash that hope. Half of those 5% are probably already talking about it on their boards.

The objectivity we want from you revolves more around the holes on the team, game plans, etc. We don't pay for you try to sabotage our program, though.
The truth is not sabotage in my book,if we can win 8 games this year and 9-10 in 2020 we will be moving in the right direction.We need OL and a QB to take us there,and we don’t have neither.

That's why they call it Social Judgement Watchdog. Dig up something from 20 years ago and use it to drive societal division and hate, with no knowledge of the current situation. If this is proof of an unsolved murder or unsolved heinous crime, I'm

That is ok, if they take us to 9+ wins this year, and support 11 wins in 2019. Natty in 2020 is fine by me.
I hope you are right,with what we have I don’t see it

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
The truth is not sabotage in my book,if we can win 8 games this year and 9-10 in 2020 we will be moving in the right direction.We need OL and a QB to take us there,and we don’t have neither.
So it is your truth Herman is not the guy to lead us to a Championship? That is far from the majorities truth. And the real truth is none of us know. It is just an opinion right now. An opinion that shouldn't be being sold by the owner of our biggest board after one very positive first year on the job.

Conversely, I don't want to read a board where the mods befriend the players, make unwarranted 12-1 season predictions, or skew recruiting rankings so that a Michael Wilcoxon is suddenly the 14th ranked player in the state after he commits. Sorry, Michael, if you're reading this.

I see her point and why you posted this. But her question...what does it say about the crowd...is easily answered. You did it in your OP. It's just sports fans.

To support their team, people will overlook obvious and unapologetic cheating (SF Giants fans amidst a 73 home run season), felonious activity (Waco), and classless, trashy players on the roster (no specific examples needed). They stand and applaud as a F You to the rest of the country that would dare boo their guy.

It's stupid and mindless groupthink. That's all.

k.

So it is your truth Herman is not the guy to lead us to a Championship? That is far from the majorities truth. And the real truth is none of us know. It is just an opinion right now. An opinion that shouldn't be being sold by the owner of our biggest board after one very positive first year on the job.
You struggle with reading comprehension. My larger opinion (as explained in the lede) is that I don't know. Anyone pretending to know is just pretending.

Be a better reader and poster.

I see her point and why you posted this. But her question...what does it say about the crowd...is easily answered. You did it in your OP. It's just sports fans.
That's not the way people who were offended might see it. They matter. Their opinions matter.

Reactions: MadDogKC
He may be the guy,we have been down this road before.Everyone is entitled to there opinion no matter what there title or occupation is.I have set with CTH and he hinted what he needed and how long it may take.Some OB’s don’t understand how fall we fell behind the Bama’s of the world.

False hope is not the answer

Positive in only one respect we didn’t have a losing season.we won one game more than we lost

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT