ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Two "problems areas" not worth freaking out over...)

I played for Pat Honeycutt at Euless Trinity right before he took the McCallum job. He was hands down my favorite coach of any sport of any team I ever played on. Just a great dude.

I'll never forget when someone on the practice squad would get a minor injury and be laying on the ground he'd say, "let's just move downfield 15 yards and keep going, he's getting his half credit" He was a funny, funny SOB.

I played for Pat Honeycutt at Euless Trinity right before he took the McCallum job. He was hands down my favorite coach of any sport of any team I ever played on. Just a great dude.

I'll never forget when someone on the practice squad would get a minor injury and be laying on the ground he'd say, "let's just move downfield 15 yards and keep going, he's getting his half credit" He was a funny, funny SOB.
He was the best. I've got a million Honeycutt stories after two decades of being around him.

At some point in the season, the OU' baby QB's lack of a spring training is still going to hurt him and OU.

MIZ ST's inferior defense can't substitute for his own defense. He'll feel the difference when they play Texas. And not having had that Spring experience will hurt him then.

At some point in the season, the OU' baby QB's lack of a spring training is still going to hurt him and OU.

MIZ ST's inferior defense can't substitute for his own defense. He'll feel the difference when they play Texas. And not having had that Spring experience will hurt him then.
I'm absolutely all-in on seeing these two teams play each other twice.

On tos podcast Dan Neil was pretty blunt about the o line run blocking. Way too many times in the there was no real crease for the rbs per him He said against UTEP there should have been holes almost every running play.

Herman seemed to be on the same page as me with regards to the OL yesterday.

Said it was ok and that the right side was "just fine".

I was there for that one. Miserably hot with an 11 oclock start.
The only silver lining was that I knew Mackovic couldn't survive much longer.
Mackovic should have been in the top five.

Alfred Collins is going to end up looking like a mountain standing next to a bunch of Mole Hills, before it is all said and done.

ADVERTISEMENT