ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Very good isn't good enough)

Saban completely dominated recruiting, pretty much from the jump, at both LSU and Bama. We all know what needs to happen for UT on the recruiting front. And the quality of portal transfers is going to need to go way up as well. I'm not expecting UT to make the Big 12 championship game in 2021 so the next class is critical.
Yup.

7. Pancho and Lefty
6. Whiskey River
5. Angel Flying Too Close to The Ground
4. Good Hearted Woman
3. A Song For You
2. Seven Spanish Angels
1. Blue Eyes Crying In The rain
1. and 4. suffered from overplay. Then reverse the order of 2., 3., 5., 6., and 7. and you’ve just about nailed the list. Never understood all the love for SSA, and how in the world does it trump Pancho & Lefty, which will never get old?

Completely not in the Woodlands but you need to check out Tacos A Go Go - I'll vouch for the al pastor and the pork guisada, get the smokey sauce. They have locations in the heights and downtown. Be prepared to need a few napkins as both tacos are served in an almost stew state.

tenor.gif
He's not wrong you know?

Reactions: EdSimmonsPants
Completely not in the Woodlands but you need to check out Tacos A Go Go - I'll vouch for the al pastor and the pork guisada, get the smokey sauce. They have locations in the heights and downtown. Be prepared to need a few napkins as both tacos are served in an almost stew state.
Thanks!

Reactions: curveball1
I'd have to agree on City of New Orleans.

I think on the road again is just okay. Maybe it was in too many commercials growing up or something.
agree, On the road again is a bit repetitive and was overplayed to boot. Doesn't make it a bad song but wouldn't crack my Top 10 for Willie
1. and 4. suffered from overplay. Then reverse the order of 2., 3., 5., 6., and 7. and you’ve just about nailed the list. Never understood all the love for SSA, and how in the world does it trump Pancho & Lefty, which will never get old?
and I feel the exact opposite...probably why Willie appeals to so many and for such a long time

How did the BBQ adventure go by the way?
I did Pinkertons and Corkscrew on back to back days.

I thought the pork ribs at Pinkertons stole the show. The brisket and sausage were great, but the ribs were special. If I had gone back the next day, I might have just gone all-in on the ribs.

On the other hand, didn't really love the ribs at Corkscrew, but I thought the jalapena sausage was one of the best I've ever had. I wanted more. Brisket was a 9.5 out of 10.

Did you start the Luka thread?
Nope, but that kid hasn't done much since his freshman year and he ain't gonna hold up to the beating he's gonna get in the NFL. I love who he could be, but I don't see him lasting, JMO. I knew he would get drafted, but. the 1st and 2nd round grades he got were too high IMO.

HuffTex said:

In the next 2 NFL drafts, a total of 12 Texas players get drafted....doesn't matter how many each year, and it could include eligible juniors leaving in 2023....

(Sell) That number feels a little too high for me.

No way that many get drafted who originally signed with Texas. But it wouldn't surprise me if Sark brought in several one-year transfers for 2022 season that will be drafted in some round. So it could happen.

Reactions: blk240
Sell) I think there are a lot of questions that could be asked of the report that was released and why the school refused to hire an independent, outsourced committee to handle the research and the overall task. I'm not sure I would point the finger at a professor that had perhaps the most impossible task of anyone associated with the project if we're keeping it 100.
Absurd. The whole TEOT nonsense was always a woke-invented, fake news affair by people who wanted to be their own hero. Read The True Believer.

Hats off to the young dude with his spunky, confident, determined mating dance.

Reactions: whitenoize
This seemingly gets said every year.
Well, we haven't exactly gotten elite coaching in any of those years. Texas didn't lose to OU and ISU in close games that came down to the last possessions because those teams had a definitive edge in talent. Hopefully, this crew can make a difference.

Reactions: Duanej6
If we don't have 12 draft picks over the next two drafts it probably means Sarkisian isn't doing his job.

Well, we haven't exactly gotten elite coaching in any of those years. Texas didn't lose to OU and ISU in close games that came down to the last possessions because those teams had a definitive edge in talent. Hopefully, this crew can make a difference.
I view both the teams and games from last year different than most, I suppose.

Forget overthrowing Oklahoma. How many elite players does Texas need to beat TCU, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State consistently?
That's some cold sh*t, right there... comin' up in here with all that truth... you should be ashamed of yourself...

ADVERTISEMENT