ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (What happened in Waco should be personal for all of us...)

You want an itemized list of things culled from the last 16 years? You admitted the source of your favoritism already. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, even if you don't want to admit it publicly.
It's not my fault that you can't prove your thesis with actual examples.

I'm sure you have an articulate thought in your head, but it's not translating into words. And I didn't finally answer your question. I just repeated what I've already said earlier in the thread.
No, I achieved the clarity from you I was looking for, thanks!

Both great stories but Federer would beat Serena 9/10 times. GOAT
Huh.gif~c200

It's not my fault that you can't prove your thesis with actual examples.

You essentially admitted it.

Well, I specialize in a business that focuses on athletic exploits of humans who are primarily back.

The majority of the Texas football program is made up of young black men. The majority of the Texas basketball program is made up of young black men. The majority of the NFL is made up of black men.

Vitriol for fans of UT who don't "demand" full disclosure and transparency? Who are you to demand anything of the university or of the head coach of Texas? In common terms: "you ain't nobody."

Save your demands for when you are hired as the president, AD or head coach of Texas. Until then, you still ain't nobody!
Re-read my post, at no point did I say anything about the University of Texas.

Well, I specialize in a business that focuses on athletic exploits of humans who are primarily back.

The majority of the Texas football program is made up of young black men. The majority of the Texas basketball program is made up of young black men. The majority of the NFL is made up of black men.
You make me laugh.

You still haven't listed examples. You still haven't said who I'm not biased for. Do you think I'm biased for white people? Hispanics? Asians?

Without examples, it seems like you might just be confusing my constantly discussing black athletes for bias? However, how do I have a conversation about the NBA without most of the discussion centering on black players?

I
Both great stories but Federer would beat Serena 9/10 times. GOAT
I'm certain Federer would beat her. Not because she isn't incredible. Women's tennis is just a different game than men's tennis.

In 2013, Andy Murray responded to a Twitter user who asked whether he would consider challenging Serena Williams, saying "I’d be up for it. Why not?". Williams also reacted positively to the suggestion, remarking "That would be fun. I doubt I’d win a point, but that would be fun.

You still haven't listed examples. You still haven't said who I'm not biased for. Do you think I'm biased for white people? Hispanics? Asians?

If we can make this a language debate for a moment, please think this through. If you are biased in favor of one group, what is necessarily true of the other groups?

I

I'm certain Federer would beat her. Not because she isn't incredible. Women's tennis is just a different game than men's tennis.

In 2013, Andy Murray responded to a Twitter user who asked whether he would consider challenging Serena Williams, saying "I’d be up for it. Why not?". Williams also reacted positively to the suggestion, remarking "That would be fun. I doubt I’d win a point, but that would be fun.

Exactly. Some dumb shit being written out there about the subject lately.

I

No, I was just surprised that it needed to be said that he'd win nine out of 10.

If we can make this a language debate for a moment, please think this through. If you are biased in favor of one group, what is necessarily true of the other groups?
You seem to be suggesting that one can only be biased for one group?

I have to say, I'm pretty biased for orphans as well, maybe more so than any other group of people.

You would sit here and argue that Serena could beat Fed straight up? The arguments that she's being ignored as the best ever because she's female are just stupid.
Very few people anywhere are making that claim. She's a woman. She's the GOAT in her realm.

No, I was just surprised that it needed to be said that he'd win nine out of 10.

Did you not make a comment recently about her needing to be given consideration as the best ever? If you didn't my bad bit several have all over the inter webs. It's dumb.

Did you not make a comment recently about her needing to be given consideration as the best ever? If you didn't my bad bit several have all over the inter webs. It's dumb.

She is the GOAT in women's tennis. You could make a subjective claim that her resume makes her the greatest champion in tennis history.

Reactions: txfight
You seem to be suggesting that one can only be biased for one group?

I have to say, I'm pretty biased for orphans as well, maybe more so than any other group of people.
This is the most confusing internet argument I've ever tried to follow. I'm not sure any winners will be proclaimed from this one.

She is the GOAT in women's tennis. You could make a subjective claim that her resume makes her the greatest champion in tennis history.
That's quite a bit different than your original statement, "The Williams sisters story is the greatest in sports history." Are we wearing you down? Great story, far from the greatest in sports history.

This is the most confusing internet argument I've ever tried to follow. I'm not sure any winners will be proclaimed from this one.
hard to call someone a winner when they make a blanket statement, but have virtually no evidence to support it.

That's quite a bit different than your original statement, "The Williams sisters story is the greatest in sports history." Are we wearing you down? Great story, far from the greatest in sports history.
well, yeah, because we're talking about two different things...

My vitriol would be for fans, alums, etc of Baylor (or Penn St) who aren't demanding answers from their school. Because the embarrassment of the school in their situation reflects (fairly or not) on students, fans, alums, etc. So I think asking the school to come clean is a fair ask.

Don't be under the illusion that I think I'm somebody special, I agree, I ain't nobody. But if I spent my time, money and influence backing an institution to the degree that the average student or fan does, I can make that demand. The university can ignore me, and I can stop making donations, buying merch and attending/watching games. It probably won't move the needle, because I'm one "nobody". But if enough "nobodies" follow suit, then the script flips and it's the HC or University President who ain't nobody.

I'm not demanding anything from Herman. He hasn't done anything wrong. Still, I think the media should ask about his decision to make the controversial hire, and I think it would be chickenshit for him not to answer it. But in the grand scheme, you're right, I ain't nobody. And neither are you.

Your right. I'm not. But you said you had vitriol for fans like me, or that's how I read it. If you don't judge me, I won't judge you and I have no issue with you. As Sly said: Different strokes for different folks.

Your right. I'm not. But you said you had vitriol for fans like me, or that's how I read it. If you don't judge me, I won't judge you and I have no issue with you. As Sly said: Different strokes for different folks.
Maybe I should have been more clear. If your university tarnishes themselves with a horrible scandal, after everything you've poured into it, I believe you should not try to gloss over their mistakes, but rather ask them to come completely clean. Just my opinion and you're correct, not everyone is going to have that same opinion and that's fine.

Hookem!

When Mack Brown left...so did any "reputation" UT had. Face it boys n girls...you buy ur wins and can't even do that well. LOL. Here's to another "we'll get 'em next year"! LOL. Losers. Maybe Matt Mcconaughey can come out again to cheer you on! Heck, go ahead and make him a coach. While your at it bring in the biggest fraud in the history of sports to coach you up as well...Austin's own...Lance Armstrong! UR lucky the Aggies left cuz we all know they would have kicked you around last few years as well. Stay in the dirt where you belong and welcome to the Big 12 basement. Bwahahaaaaa! Love watching you struggle...year after year. Worst part is no one remembers anything you've done well cuz no one cares.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT