ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (With doubt in the air, UT created some belief on Saturday...)

And a friendly reminder of who is Daddy around this bitch.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: OldSchoolOrange
@Ketchum, I have the same concerns about Herman’s football knowledge as you and felt like his unwillingness to lead the offense was a huge red flag.

I think Herman patterns himself after Mack’s CEO of the program style but tries to incorporate some of Urban Meyer’s toughness along with the Mack approach. If Herman can win 8-9 games this year he may be able to recruit his way to success because I do think Herman is a pretty good talent evaluator. The key will be Herman’s ability to surround himself with a top flight staff which he upgraded this year with the Hand hire.

Texas needs to not read the press clippings.
No they do need to read them, embrace them and want more. This scenario is all up in Herman’s wheelhouse. He’s got this.

No. 4 - Ranking the Texas schedule the rest of the way ...
10258971.jpg

1. ou
2. WV
3. OSU Still a good team
4. ISU Gonna be a dogfight
5. TT Not consistent
6. KSU Not a good team at all
7. Kansas ditto
8. Baylor ditto

A week ago, I stated that the 134 rating number that Sam Ehlinger posted against USC wasn't good enough. The sub 50-percent completion percentage wasn't good enough. I mean ... it was good enough against USC, but it wouldn't be good enough to beat TCU.

Lol. I wish you’d go back and see how many of thosesub 50% passes were throw aways. A lot of those were improvements on last year. I’m no Sam apologist, but he’s made a bunch of great decisions compared to his prior decisions.

Sorry if you’d already addressed, but I don’t read most of the crap you post.

It means he sounds like a man that is ready to quit on his team at the mid-season point.
Father Time will never quit on his team. I expect the best effort yet this season on Saturday. I worry about this game more than ou.

I'm not going to pretend that all of the doubt in my mind has been erased in a matter of 19 minutes of actual game time, but I have a little doubt about my doubt, which is no doubt a wonderful development for the football program.

The more doubt about the original doubt that can be made in the coming weeks, the better. Here's to a lot more tips of the cap before this season is over.

Good write up Ketch.

We’re all susceptible to the week-to-week mania reacting to individual plays and games, when we need to keep in mind the longer view that it’s the season’s body of work that counts and that’s not often measured until late November or even December.

(But why is Tech in Lubbock 2008 starting to rise up from the deep recesses of my suppressed memory?)

It has always been apparent that you did not want to give Herman credit for having to completely change the culture in the football room. It was necessary and it is working.

What your analysis of the game failed to note is that Herman's call to go for it on fourth and one with a slow developing sweep completely changed the momentum before halftime in favor of TCU. We had it up to that point. Herman let the team down with that bad call and it took the team most of the third quarter to get it back. But we did it and should be able to compete in every game for the rest of the season as a consequence. WVU is the best team in the conference now and we get them in Austin.

Texas 31 KSU 7
Is that having a lot of confidence in this Texas team or is k-state really that bad? I feel this will be a 4 quarter game but that’s because I think this team will play down to its competition and we haven’t won in Manhattan in ages. I hope you’re right and if you are that’d be pretty awesome to walk into the cotton bowl on a 4 game streak

Ketch, I have had some of the same concerns as you regarding Herman. I still think he needs to turn over a large portion of his offensive staff and tweak/change the offense to bring a championship back to Texas.

That's not really an accurate recall of our exchange. The words "passing game " never came but I'll cut you some slack. Sounds like you had enough grief from others about your pregame analysis of the game
I'm fascinated by this claim of victory, despite all of the numbers posted and the reality that Texas had a single explosive run over four quarters.

I feel like I'm watching someone dunk on an six-foot rim, while calling themselves Vince Carter.

Reactions: HornAbility
Newman isn't so much a villain as he's a nemesis.

My list would include:
- Al Swearengen (Deadwood)
- Ramsay Bolton (Game of Thrones)
- Negan (The Walking Dead)

Newman, Gyp Rosetti and Diane Carrington would get the boot.
Diane Carrington?

Some might claim that Walter White wasn't a bad guy.

Reactions: famous shoes
I think it would be a great big psychological boost to the Texas Longhorns football team as they could exercise a lot of the football demons of the past by winning next week at Kansas State and getting that purple wizard monkey off of our backs once for all. What all that would mean is that the Texas Longhorns have made it over a huge hump that has impeded or stymied their progress as a football team for many, many years now.

Does your business need for a winner cause you to tend to prematurely dismiss a coach that doesn’t produce immediate results?
can you name an example? I mean if I tend to do it, you can rattle the occasions off,m no problem.

ADVERTISEMENT