ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (With doubt in the air, UT created some belief on Saturday...)

A week ago, I stated that the 134 rating number that Sam Ehlinger posted against USC wasn't good enough. The sub 50-percent completion percentage wasn't good enough. I mean ... it was good enough against USC, but it wouldn't be good enough to beat TCU.

Lol. I wish you’d go back and see how many of thosesub 50% passes were throw aways. A lot of those were improvements on last year. I’m no Sam apologist, but he’s made a bunch of great decisions compared to his prior decisions.

Sorry if you’d already addressed, but I don’t read most of the crap you post.
That's fine. I can't recall ever reading any of your crap.

I'm fascinated by this claim of victory, despite all of the numbers posted and the reality that Texas had a single explosive run over four quarters.

I feel like I'm watching someone dunk on an six-foot rim, while calling themselves Vince Carter.

LOL. I realize you whiffed on a lot for the game so like I said, I'll cut you some slack. The run game wasn't but it was quietly effective. Leave it at that and cut your losses. On to KSU.

Reactions: Billytex
What your analysis of the game failed to note is that Herman's call to go for it on fourth and one with a slow developing sweep completely changed the momentum before halftime in favor of TCU. We had it up to that point. Herman let the team down with that bad call and it took the team most of the third quarter to get it back.
I actually wrote about that in the post-game write-up.

Reactions: wfoot
Is that having a lot of confidence in this Texas team or is k-state really that bad? I feel this will be a 4 quarter game but that’s because I think this team will play down to its competition and we haven’t won in Manhattan in ages. I hope you’re right and if you are that’d be pretty awesome to walk into the cotton bowl on a 4 game streak
KSU sucks.

Ketch, I have had some of the same concerns as you regarding Herman. I still think he needs to turn over a large portion of his offensive staff and tweak/change the offense to bring a championship back to Texas.
had?

LOL. I realize you whiffed on a lot for the game so like I said, I'll cut you some slack. The run game wasn't but it was quietly effective. Leave it at that and cut your losses. On to KSU.
quietly effective?

I think that's misleading. Texas was trailing 16-10 late in the third quarter and it was a combination of big plays on defense and in the passing game that were the difference.

The running game held Texas back for most of the game, unless those 10 points were somehow not representative of what the running game was producing.

Honestly, you should just focus on Tiger...

That show was a jam. I'm basically a woman.
RG0BS1U.gif

Newman is a pretty classic character, but I understand your position.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Classic? Without a doubt. More villanous than a character who blew up all of her enemies in a house of worship then claimed the throne of the Seven Kingdoms? No.

Reactions: cnapp
You sure? I mean... you popped into this thread with the sole intention of being rude for the sake of being rude.

Those kind of people tend to be insecure.

The fact that you didn’t address the point of my op kind of makes my point, no?

Reactions: soberstan
Ketchum please stop repeating the narrative that you were almost right, partially right, right about the first half, etc. about your prediction regarding TCU. Just let it go. Please.
I wasn't almost right. I was actually right.

What I got wrong was what happened after TCU was up six late in the third quarter and seemingly about to take total control.

Just like I predicted Texas to beat Maryland, but thought it would be a one-score game with five minutes to play.

We all shared many of the concerns heading into the game and frankly, through 2+ quarters, all those concerns appeared to be justified. Slow start on offense, wasted possessions, bizarre calls.

With one strike and a dive, the tide turned and quick. Orlando’s D was once again the spark that lit the fuse and thankfully, the offense finally capitalized.

To truly achieve what they want to achieve, the O is going to have to quit wasting halves of football games dithering.

A week ago, I stated that the 134 rating number that Sam Ehlinger posted against USC wasn't good enough. The sub 50-percent completion percentage wasn't good enough. I mean ... it was good enough against USC, but it wouldn't be good enough to beat TCU.

Lol. I wish you’d go back and see how many of thosesub 50% passes were throw aways. A lot of those were improvements on last year. I’m no Sam apologist, but he’s made a bunch of great decisions compared to his prior decisions.

Sorry if you’d already addressed, but I don’t read most of the crap you post.

Yet you pay him $10 a month so no need to be an asshole...

Sam made plays I have not seen him make. Stepping up in the pocket and getting balls to WRs who finally play like they look.

Reactions: BobR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT