ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You Can Call Sark "Mr. Unselfish"

Says the guy telling another person they need to get over themselves with regards to a subjective TV cop show thought? 🤷‍♂️
And you left out Nash Bridges and Kojak. SMH!

200w.gif
Tf is Cop Rock

The argument Miami Vice is influential is akin to arguing Dallas and Dynasty were influential. Whether they were or not, they were not good shows, and neither was Miami Vice.

It's not like I picked your list apart. I'm just shocked that Miami Vice, of all shows, landed on your list. I can literally think of 20 better cop shows off the top of my head. It was a glamour show with 2 wannabe models acting like cops. Good lowered.
Among those that guest-starred on the show:

Bruce Willis. Liam Neeson. Sheena Easton. Stanley Tucci. Jimmy Smits. Kyra Sedgwick. Giancarlo Esposito. Miles Davis. Julia Roberts. John Leguizamo.

10. Cold Case
9. The Closer
8. Hill Street Blues
7. The Shield
6. 24
5. The Andy Griffith Show
4. Miami Vice
3. Dexter
2. True Detective: Season 1
1. The Wire
Out of that list, I've only seen Dexter (aside from a few Andy Griffith Show episodes). Man, I've lived a sheltered TV/movie life.

Reactions: ModelTFord14
Among those that guest-starred on the show:

Bruce Willis. Liam Neeson. Sheena Easton. Stanley Tucci. Jimmy Smits. Kyra Sedgwick. Giancarlo Esposito. Miles Davis. Julia Roberts. John Leguizamo.
Again, lots of people cameoed on Dallas and Dynasty too. Doesn’t mean they were compelling drama.

What was Miami Vice when you get right down to it? It wasn’t serious drama. It wasn’t comedy. I’m not sure what it was.

It’s not like it won a lot of awards either.

Maybe you were just of that age where you couldn’t see how corny that show really was. I don’t know. But the argument it had a lot of people appear as cameo artists does nothing.

Reactions: suzerain79
Number 1 has been the elephant in the room for me for a while. I felt the same, Steve has ultimate belief in his abilities to make that offense work. I have to say, the confidence has my attention. It will be an interesting narrative to follow because it’s not accidental.

Again, lots of people cameoed on Dallas and Dynasty too. Doesn’t mean they were compelling drama.

What was Miami Vice when you get right down to it? It wasn’t serious drama. It wasn’t comedy. I’m not sure what it was.

It’s not like it won a lot of awards either.

Maybe you were just of that age where you couldn’t see how corny that show really was. I don’t know. But the argument it had a lot of people appear as cameo artists does nothing.

I'm too busy watching stuff like King of Queens over and over and over and over again on re-runs.

I actually downloaded The Godfather with the hopes of watching it on the plane last week but I failed.
The Godfather vs. King of Queens, it’s a toss up. 😉

Go ahead and download Godfather II, you’ll have to watch it after you watch the original.

Reactions: Duanej6
10. Cold Case
9. The Closer
8. Hill Street Blues
7. The Shield
6. 24
5. The Andy Griffith Show
4. Miami Vice
3. Dexter
2. True Detective: Season 1
1. The Wire
Wow...no Bosch or the always formidable Fred Dryer in Hunter.

Reactions: DanielSucks
The Godfather vs. King of Queens, it’s a toss up. 😉

Go ahead and download Godfather II, you’ll have to watch it after you watch the original.
Got them both downoloaded. I'm flying out to LA for a Rivals camp in a couple weeks. May have to make those my designated flight watching material.

Got them both downoloaded. I'm flying out to LA for a Rivals camp in a couple weeks. May have to make those my designated flight watching material.
Hope you can, I think you’ll enjoy both!

ADVERTISEMENT