ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You Can Call Sark "Mr. Unselfish"

@Ketchum

There are some really good cop shows not on your list, the least of which are Justified, Banshee and Bosch.

Miami Vice at 4 is ridiculous btw.

Hell, Miami Vice at 14 would be ridiculous.

Bosch just has to make the list. Has to.

This is NSFW, but I have to say I was totally vibing with Canelo in the post-fight press conference. Again, incredibly NSFW
Many fighters hide their English vocabulary to appeal to their fans. I’ve known fighters who could speak English but never did in front of the cameras on purpose. Canelo wanted to make sure that guy understood he did not give a damn.

Are we really going to argue the historical significance of Bosch being on the same level as Miami Vice?

The list didn’t mention anything about subjective historical relevance? Or even top police shows of all time. It just read “Top 10 tv Cop Shows”. To be fair.

Many fighters hide their English vocabulary to appeal to their fans. I’ve known fighters who could speak English but never did in front of the cameras on purpose. Canelo wanted to make sure that guy understood he did not give a damn.

I don’t believe there was any ambiguity in his remarks. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Anwar Richardson
As far as your top 10 cop shows goes I will say this. It is a very solid list. Different tastes, eras, and definition of what a cop show should be would mean I, and many others, have a different list. For example, I never really considered Andy Griffith a cop show but it was a hell if a good show. Your list was very good and all the other shows mentioned deserve to be in consideration. Your opinion is your opinion and I am not gonna bitch about you leaving off my favorite show.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
@Ketchum : The Shield is my favorite of your list, but Line Of Duty may be the greatest cop show of all time...it is MUST SEE and is on Amazon Prime and Hulu

The important thing about the list is that #1 is correct

Best TV Show of All Time

• Love
Solid work Ketch.

Nitpicks:
If Any Griffith qualifies, you should have Dukes of Hazard in there. That’s more of a “cop” show than Andy..
Same for Magnum P.I.

The Wire and The Shield are 1 and 2 for me.

great column esp on Jake…

That list is pretty stellar but don’t know if you omitted Law and Order since it’s a real hybrid- most of its shows are split onto half cops and half lawyers/courtroom but it’s hard to ignore the most successful show of its type in TV history

some before your time that the other OG’s will likely remember and may be worthy of consideration in the 11-50 if not the top 10

Mannix
Barnaby Jones

10. Cold Case
9. The Closer
8. Hill Street Blues
7. The Shield
6. 24
5. The Andy Griffith Show
4. Miami Vice
3. Dexter
2. True Detective: Season 1
1. The Wire

Where’s the love for NYPD Blue?

Detective Andy Sipowicz: “You got a lot of morons in your family? 'Cause that could be genetic.”

Reactions: SarkAfterDark
Never even heard of it. 🤷‍♂️ 😂
I was a kid, so I may not be remembering this clearly, but there was some rotation that my family watched where you were going to get a Columbo, a MacMillan and Wife, or McCloud.

Dennis Weaver was McCloud, a cop from New Mexico (I think) working in NYC. He wore western attire and usually managed to ride a horse to chase down the villain or something similar. His boss and his partner were flummoxed by his behavior, but he always got the bad guy. I loved the hell out of that show.

It probably doesn’t hold up at all.

• Love
Good column, thank you.

Obv bringing in Sark might have been the best case scenario for what seemed like an impossible task to get QE to flip back, and some have definitely been more bullish than others. What would it take you to get the feeling like the tides were changing back towards the good guys?

@Ketchum

There are some really good cop shows not on your list, the least of which are Justified, Banshee and Bosch.

Miami Vice at 4 is ridiculous btw.

Hell, Miami Vice at 14 would be ridiculous.
We used to get high on Friday nights in Moore Hill just to watch Vice.

• Love
great column esp on Jake…

That list is pretty stellar but don’t know if you omitted Law and Order since it’s a real hybrid- most of its shows are split onto half cops and half lawyers/courtroom but it’s hard to ignore the most successful show of its type in TV history

some before your time that the other OG’s will likely remember and may be worthy of consideration in the 11-50 if not the top 10

Mannix
Barnaby Jones
Yeah, Law and Order was a big omission. Ran for 20 years, introduced tons of big names in guest starring roles, had one of the greatest characters in TV history in Lenny Briscoe, great stories ripped from the headlines, just superb acting all the way around. And it's definitely more of a cop show than 24. Think Ketch overlooked L&O...

Reactions: Fansong77
DK was impressive, but Herschel Walker was even faster at almost the same size 40 years ago. He gets lost often to memory, but that dude was a freak at 225 lbs...

I'm too busy watching stuff like King of Queens over and over and over and over again on re-runs.

I actually downloaded The Godfather with the hopes of watching it on the plane last week but I failed.
To be fair, I've never watched an episode of King of Queens. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT