ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You Can Call Sark "Mr. Unselfish"

@Ketchum you left off the best cop show ever!!!

tenor.gif

I'm going to come out of this process with some homework.
It’s the top show in the UK, has 6 intense seasons which are only 5-6 episodes (no fluff)...you can knock out a season in 1 night. Can’t wait to see your ranking after watching it!

Dude.

Luther.

Idris Elba was great. Ruth Wilson was delicious as Alice Morgan.

I love IE and Luther was just never on my radar for some reason... and my wife watches damn near everything the BBC puts out. We watched maybe one episode a while back. I need to dig in, as we're running out of stuff to watch.

Similar topic, Mare of Easttown has been solid af so far.

Reactions: In Stink
Hunter was a great show.
It wasn't technically a cop show, but my favorite show from the 80's aside from Hill Street was Spenser For Hire, with Robert Urich and Avery Brooks. Spenser was a Boston Private Detective. Show was based on a series of novels by Robert B. Parker (RIP) that I would very highly recommend.

I’ve never been a cop show guy, with one exception. I got hooked on the original Law & Order with Lenny Briscoe. Damn good show, great acting. (I was gobsmacked when I finally got around to watching Dirty Dancing and discovered Ol’ Lenny was Baby’s dad, 😳)

It wasn't technically a cop show, but my favorite show from the 80's aside from Hill Street was Spenser For Hire, with Robert Urich and Avery Brooks. Spenser was a Boston Private Detective. Show was based on a series of novels by Robert B. Parker (RIP) that I would very highly recommend.

Some of these really remind me of my watching TV with my dad.. . pops LOVED Hunter, Spencer for Hire and The Equalizer.

Reactions: Ketchum
Some of these really remind me of my watching TV with my dad.. . pops LOVED Hunter, Spencer for Hire and The Equalizer.
Ah, you need to learn....Spenser. With an "S". I think he would say that one or two times an episode. ;)

I’ve never been a cop show guy, with one exception. I got hooked on the original Law & Order with Lenny Briscoe. Damn good show, great acting. (I was gobsmacked when I finally got around to watching Dirty Dancing and discovered Ol’ Lenny was Baby’s dad, 😳)
I've seen Dirty Dancing 500 times and never watched an episode of Law and Order. ;)

Your top 10 list might have the greatest disagreement among the OB faithful of any list you have done because of the sheer volume and variety of good to great cop shows that have appeared on TV. I like your list and think it is a good one, but to me, any list that doesn't have Law and Order and NYPD Blue on it is crazy. I would include both of those shows for many of the same reasons you included Miami Vice. I have no problem with you including Miami Vice, it was definitely ground breaking, but it was a flash in the pan (5 seasons) compared to Law and Order (20 seasons) and NYPD Blue (12 seasons).

But in the end, I bet if you asked 50 people what the top 10 Cop TV shows of all time are, you would probably get 50 different answers because of how many different choices there are. I think it was a great topic, and stimulates me to go watch some of the shows I have never seen before.

And welcome to the Houston area! Let us know when you are attending the next Houston OB get together so we can welcome you in person.

Your top 10 list might have the greatest disagreement among the OB faithful of any list you have done because of the sheer volume and variety of good to great cop shows that have appeared on TV. I like your list and think it is a good one, but to me, any list that doesn't have Law and Order and NYPD Blue on it is crazy. I would include both of those shows for many of the same reasons you included Miami Vice. I have no problem with you including Miami Vice, it was definitely ground breaking, but it was a flash in the pan (5 seasons) compared to Law and Order (20 seasons) and NYPD Blue (12 seasons).

But in the end, I bet if you asked 50 people what the top 10 Cop TV shows of all time are, you would probably get 50 different answers because of how many different choices there are. I think it was a great topic, and stimulates me to go watch some of the shows I have never seen before.

And welcome to the Houston area! Let us know when you are attending the next Houston OB get together so we can welcome you in person.
I punished the shows I didn't watch. ;)

Mike

Starter: Palaie Gaoteote
Primary Backup: Ben Davis
I think Davis is too big for Mike. I think he and Oghuofo will compete for snaps at X in this defense. Jones only lined up there in the spring game because neither Ovie or Davis were on campus yet.

X: Oghuofo or Davis
J: Thornton, Jones
D: Gaoteote, Richardson
M: Overshown, Gbenda

I think Davis is too big for Mike. I think he and Oghuofo will compete for snaps at X in this defense. Jones only lined up there in the spring game because neither Ovie or Davis were on campus yet.

X: Oghuofo or Davis
J: Thornton, Jones
D: Gaoteote, Richardson
M: Overshown, Gbenda
You might be right about Davis, but I think they want big at Mike.

... Steph Curry might have reached the point of being underrated again. What he's doing this season is just incredible.

Steph was my pick to win league MVP before the 2019-2020 season. When Klay went down for that season, I assumed that Steph would spend last year doing exactly what he has been doing the last few weeks.

He won't win MVP this year, but he is having the type of individual MVP caliber type year I fully expected him to have last year before he got hurt the first week of the season. Statistically speaking, he is having as good of a year as either of his two MVP seasons, with scoring numbers up and assists/steals slightly down. The Warriors just aren't winning enough games.

The last sentence of the obituary just makes you feel the wretched pain his Mom and Sister must be feeling right now.

Pretty sure Ben Davis is ticketed for X backer or Jack, not an off ball LB position. I would be floored if he came in and nudged ahead of Gbenda.

Edit: Didn't see that @sodiumacetate beat me to it

You might be right about Davis, but I think they want big at Mike.
I think Oshown is going to be the Mike. From what I understand it's a different role than the traditional thumper Mike; it's where PK puts his best athlete in space as he has a lot of coverage responsibilities.

The other off ball, strong side LB is called the Dime backer in this defense, btw. That position is more of your gap-filling thumper LB, and is where I see PG.

Reactions: sodiumacetate
ADVERTISEMENT