5. Bosh
6. Banshee
7. Dexter
8. 24
9.Cold case
10. NYPD Blue

Thats my list.

Reactions: cmw1948
I think Oshown is going to be the Mike. From what I understand it's a different role than the traditional thumper Mike; it's where PK puts his best athlete in space as he has a lot of coverage responsibilities.

The other off ball, strong side LB is called the Dime backer in this defense, btw. That position is more of your gap-filling thumper LB, and is where I see PG.
That's my understanding as well.

Pretty sure Ben Davis is ticketed for X backer or Jack, not an off ball LB position. I would be floored if he came in and nudged ahead of Gbenda.

Edit: Didn't see that @sodiumacetate beat me to it
I just don't think Davis is good enough at those other spots. The only thing he seems to bring to the table is his size.

@Ketchum--I don't get the descriptive of "unselfish" when you're talking about Sark not hitting the transfer portal. Maybe "loyal to current players" or something similar. If you are suggesting that he isn't going after portal players perhaps at the expense of his own success (and therefore the team's???), I would argue he should be "selfish". I don't want to hear about how he passed up on a starter OT grad transfer from BYU because he didn't encourage the Jr. 4th string safety to look for playing time elsewhere.

Or am I misinterpreting your premise here?

PS-sorry if this has been addressed already. Haven't read all the comments.

I just don't think Davis is good enough at those other spots. The only thing he seems to bring to the table is his size.
I mean he's probably not good enough to play much anywhere. But even looking at his supposedly 5 star HS tape, he was never meant to be a traditional LB. Plus he is probably like 260 lbs or more. At Mike he'd be reminiscent of a gassed Malcolm Roach lumbering around against Maryland in 2018.

@Ketchum--I don't get the descriptive of "unselfish" when you're talking about Sark not hitting the transfer portal. Maybe "loyal to current players" or something similar. If you are suggesting that he isn't going after portal players perhaps at the expense of his own success (and therefore the team's???), I would argue he should be "selfish". I don't want to hear about how he passed up on a starter OT grad transfer from BYU because he didn't encourage the Jr. 4th string safety to look for playing time elsewhere.

He's an offensive guy. There are many past examples of offensive HCs hoarding their best athletes on their side of the ball at the expense of the defense. So it's mildly surprising to see him use almost all the transfer help on defense.

Reactions: boone8466

I think most offensive coaches would have taken a few bodies to boost their own cause.

He's basically let the defense have all of the incoming transfer help.

I find that highly unselfish.

I mean he's probably not good enough to play much anywhere. But even looking at his supposedly 5 star HS tape, he was never meant to be a traditional LB. Plus he is probably like 260 lbs or more. At Mike he'd be reminiscent of a gassed Malcolm Roach lumbering around against Maryland in 2018.
I think he moves better than that!

He's certainly not quick enough to play Mike in this defense. His size (~265 lbs) is why I think he will line up at X.

Guys that have played Mike under PK at Washington:
Shaq Thompson (6-0, 230)
Keishawn Bierria (6-1, 223)
Ben Burr-Kirvin (6-0, 230)
Brandon Wellington (6-0, 226)

Guys slated to play Mike at Texas:
Demarvion Overshown (6-4, 217)*
David Gbenda (6-0, 220)*

*measurements by Texassports and should be taken with a grain of slaw.

Overshown is the outlier with the height, but he's a converted safety and has the good coverage skills demanded of the position.

Davis might line up at the D-backer (the other off ball linebacker position) but I think he's more likely ending up on the line.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
He's certainly not quick enough to play Mike in this defense. His size (~265 lbs) is why I think he will line up at X.

Guys that have played Mike under PK at Washington:
Shaq Thompson (6-0, 230)
Keishawn Bierria (6-1, 223)
Ben Burr-Kirvin (6-0, 230)
Brandon Wellington (6-0, 226)

Guys slated to play Mike at Texas:
Demarvion Overshown (6-4, 217)*
David Gbenda (6-0, 220)*

*measurements by Texassports and should be taken with a grain of slaw.

Overshown is the outlier with the height, but he's a converted safety and has the good coverage skills demanded of the position.

Davis might line up at the D-backer (the other off ball linebacker position) but I think he's more likely ending up on the line.
at the end of the day, the most likely outcome is that he doesn't play at all unless there are injuries.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
I think the coaches will prefer his size/power over Dorbah, so I think he will be the primary backup behind Ovie. Maybe Dorbah can add a lot more strength this summer and prove me wrong.
I think we're going to look back in 6 months and think they needed to do something else with that spot.

Reactions: o5prey
@Ketchum I would highly recommend you watch Justified ASAP as it would be number 3 on your list. Longmire would be in your top 10 list as well.

If you’re a fan of Walter Goggins, then you will love Justified. He absolutely slays it as Boyd Crowder and being the antagonist.

I agree with you on your number 1 and 2 on your lists. Those are my favorite as well. The Wire is one of my favorite shows ever. I binge watch it multiple times a year and once I start I can’t ever put it on pause until I’ve completed it again.

It's one of the most influential shows in tv history.
I agree….cheesy at first but so many great episodes and cameos….Ted Nugent, Phil Collins, G. Gordon Liddy.

Bushido and when Zito gets kilked after he wins his boxing match with Dire Straits Brothers In Arms in the background is solid.

All that matters is that The Wire was #1.
tenor.gif

Among those that guest-starred on the show:

Bruce Willis. Liam Neeson. Sheena Easton. Stanley Tucci. Jimmy Smits. Kyra Sedgwick. Giancarlo Esposito. Miles Davis. Julia Roberts. John Leguizamo.
I was a wee lad when Miami Vice was on in the 80’s, but I was always fascinated with the show, the theme music, and the like.

When they were released on DVD, I purchased seasons 1-3, and despite the inconsistencies between episodes… it’s unquestionably a great show.

It’s best episodes are so memorable and stay with you. The music, the images tattoo themselves on your psyche.

Another virtue of the show is that it wasn’t afraid to end episodes on a downer or the bad guy would get away or get off. I like that aspect of the show. It gave it a certain grittiness.

Castillo is such a bad ass. That stare…

I love Miami Vice.

That said, The Wire is the king of all television shows and it has clear separation from everyone else imo, and if you come at the King… you best not miss.

It’s every bit as relevant today as it was then.

Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT