ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You Can Call Sark "Mr. Unselfish"

I was a wee lad when Miami Vice was on in the 80ā€™s, but I was always fascinated with the show, the theme music, and the like.

When they were released on DVD, I purchased seasons 1-3, and despite the inconsistencies between episodesā€¦ itā€™s unquestionably a great show.

Itā€™s best episodes are so memorable and stay with you. The music, the images tattoo themselves on your psyche.

Another virtue of the show is that it wasnā€™t afraid to end episodes on a downer or the bad guy would get away or get off. I like that aspect of the show. It gave it a certain grittiness.

Castillo is such a bad ass. That stareā€¦

I love Miami Vice.

That said, The Wire is the king of all television shows and it has clear separation from everyone else imo, and if you come at the Kingā€¦ you best not miss.

Itā€™s every bit as relevant today as it was then.
I'd like this post three times if I could.

I know, I know. What was I thinking? I am sorry and I will never have a healthy attitude again. šŸ˜€

I think most offensive coaches would have taken a few bodies to boost their own cause.

He's basically let the defense have all of the incoming transfer help.

I find that highly unselfish.
I wasn't thinking of it in terms of offense vs defense. The description makes sense now. Thanks

When did you leave cedar park and why?

man, Austin hit and humid. Houston is, well, something else.
April 15th. I'll be going back and forth between both places on a weekly basis.

For the record, I moved to The Woodlands, not Houston.

April 15th. I'll be going back and forth between both places on a weekly basis.

For the record, I moved to The Woodlands, not Houston.
Yeah, thatā€™s like saying you lived in cedar park and not Austin. Suburbs are the suburbs.

and everything within 100 miles of Houston is a suburb. Welcome to a 60 min drive to downtown. The airport is at least on your side of town.

b. Whether he thinks he can turn water into wine or whether he legitimately loves this roster (or something somewhere in the middle), Sarkisian is content with what he has to work with and doesn't seem to believe his side of the ball needs help, at least not at the expense of the other side of the ball.
or upgrading the o-line just isn't doable., i.e. little available talent in the portal. IMO we could upgrade 2 of our 5 with experienced, B- grade players. I would call Calvin Anderson a solid B player.

Yeah, thatā€™s like saying you lived in cedar park and not Austin. Suburbs are the suburbs.

and everything within 100 miles of Houston is a suburb. Welcome to a 60 min drive to downtown. The airport is at least on your side of town.
I never viewed Georgetown as a suburb and The Woodlands is further out than Georgetown.

I will not let Houston claim me.

or upgrading the o-line just isn't doable., i.e. little available talent in the portal. IMO we could upgrade 2 of our 5 with experienced, B- grade players. I would call Calvin Anderson a solid B player.
It's interesting that 60-percent of the Big 12 felt like it could upgrade its OL through the portal.

yup. I hope the decision doesn't end up costing us a game o two.
People are just throwing out names of players that have either been complete busts or very limited successes and giving the new OL coach benefit of the doubt that he can remake 7 or 8 guys in a few months just because.

It doesn't work that way. The light switches don't call flip on for an entire big man unit just because a new coach arrived. Texas fans should know that by now.

I know the staff will have solid reasons for the approach that it has taken, but this group is far from championship ready.

Reactions: jspirohorn
People are just throwing out names of players that have either been complete busts or very limited successes and giving the new OL coach benefit of the doubt that he can remake 7 or 8 guys in a few months just because.

It doesn't work that way. The light switches don't call flip on for an entire big man unit just because a new coach arrived. Texas fans should know that by now.

I know the staff will have solid reasons for the approach that it has taken, but this group is far from championship ready.
things change but I have to think we are a 7 point dog to OU at this point in May.

things change but I have to think we are a 7 point dog to OU at this point in May.
Maybe 10.

There's a pretty big difference between having the No.1 quarterback in the Big 12 and the projected No.1 overall pick on a stacked roster vs. what Texas is working with at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT