ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You hear what the realtor said?)

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Where do I even start?)

Ketch, I am with you on the Austin realtor rumor mill. Stupidest crap I have ever heard. I am a licensed real estate broker in Texas and there is no way that information would have gotten out if it, in fact, had been true. There are just so many "kool aid" drinkers following false prophets. It is almost as if every "subway alumnus" has jumped on these threads and the educated have all taken the last train to the coast. I want Mack gone, but I am not gonna get stupid about it. It will happen and we will get a great/much better coach. I hope it is NS, but only time will tell. Like you said, just keep your cool.

That's a WHOLE lot of content and analysis. Really well done.

Queue the Keith Jackson voice:

" He's going for Chip's record..........he's got it!...........Geoff...Ketchum....scores."
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Never was a fan of Eliminator (except the videos... Ah, Ducky). Would have Heard It On the X and Just Got Paid in my top 10 for sure.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Where do I even start?))

Originally posted by East Mall:
You have to have "Gotsta Get Paid" on the ZZ Top list somewhere. First it is a classic old school rap and second it brought ZZ Top back to another generation. Plus the cover of Texas Monthly.
Was No.17

Scouts honor.

Originally posted by unclejemimah:
Ketch, agree, one of your best 10 thoughts ever. This column beat the ess-hit out of this weeks war room IMO. Fantastic work man.
War Room was a little underrated. First place to mention the move by Powers to take re-control of the process in a strong way.

Pearl Necklace?

Originally posted by MauiHorn:
Watched Nebraska (the movie) this weekend. You will be adding some new actors names to your list. Good flick.
Almost squeezed it in this week. Have to sneak away fro the wife on that one.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by unclejemimah:
Ketch, agree, one of your best 10 thoughts ever. This column beat the ess-hit out of this weeks war room IMO. Fantastic work man.
War Room was a little underrated. First place to mention the move by Powers to take re-control of the process in a strong way.
It wasn't a bad War Room, the Powers news just made me want to puke lol. But you knocked 10 Thoughts out of the park tonight!

How do you see everything breaking down?
Coaching decision?
New OC? SC?
Will we have new coaches if Mack stays?
Next big recruiting event that will make some noise?
Sleeper coach someone has talked to you about that would surprise us?
How many recruits do we have left to sign? Will we end up with more JUCO or HS kids to finish the class?
Who coaches the bowl game?

Originally posted by hornsince69:

Ketch, I am with you on the Austin realtor rumor mill. Stupidest crap I have ever heard. I am a licensed real estate broker in Texas and there is no way that information would have gotten out if it, in fact, had been true. There are just so many "kool aid" drinkers following false prophets. It is almost as if every "subway alumnus" has jumped on these threads and the educated have all taken the last train to the coast. I want Mack gone, but I am not gonna get stupid about it. It will happen and we will get a great/much better coach. I hope it is NS, but only time will tell. Like you said, just keep your cool.
I've heard it so much that I believe the Saban family will have that house whether Nick works in Austin or not.

Originally posted by Sun Tzu Horn:
Pearl Necklace?
another song that ranked in the top 20. It was in the top 15 all week and moved out today.

Originally posted by MikeCorleone:
Nice ZZ Top list. But I'm surprised you were surprised that it was downhill after Eliminator. Afterburner was awful and it didn't get much better later. They left their roots and fell in love with machines.
I expected there to be some under the radar blues album in there that did go back to their roots. I never expected that it would never happen, although their latest album from last year was probably the group's best in 20 years.

So let me get this straight….

We are basing all of these Saban rumors on 'big fish' stories from Austin realtors.

Wow, I can't believe how gullible the Mods are on this site.

Ketch your cudos to Malzahn is right on the money. I keep wondering why some of these universities don't hire some of the smaller college coaches that have winning records. Malzahn actually came out of high school to Auburn under Chizic. If a guy can coach he can coach at any level. People say the compettion is much better. While that is true the fact is the guy has been successful at his level so why wouldn't he be successful at a higher level where the talent at most schools is basically the same. That's what matters.

Aside from a reference to one of the great movies in recent memory, the column speaks volumes. Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows what's going on in our athletic department. Any wonder we're in this fix? You've got to have the guts to pull the trigger, folks, and we just don't.

As for the Alamo Bowl: anybody care to name the number the Quack Attack will hang on us in San Antonio? How's 63? And that's only because the Ducks take their webbed feet off the pedal early in the 4th quarter. Good luck scheming for this game, Greg, Duane and Mack.

Hook 'Em.

Wow Ketch, you really went out on a limb with your top 5 bowl games - can't get that type of insight just anywhere :)

I get you first point and that is the part that is driving us crazy. If there were adults in the room, and those adults were asking the question; "what is best for the University of Texas", then the answer would be as simple as removing the HC. But, like the dipshits in congress, they seem to want to focus on appearances, and petty turf wars and the limited interests of limited constituencies and as a result, you end up with the clown show that is unfolding and will likely unfold over the next who the hell knows how many days. You've already had the president publicly neuter his new AD......what next I wonder, all in the name of not hurting Mack Brown's feelings or protecting some BMD's ego - how can it get any more bonkers than that?

Thanks Ketch. Not feeling 2, 3, and 7 on the top 10 however.

I prefer:

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
Pearl Necklace
Francine
Just Got Paid
Backdoor Love Affair
Heard it on the X
Mexican Blackbird

This post was edited on 12/9 7:12 AM by ToadHallGangster

What am I missing with the spaghetti o's tweet?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Ketch no Mexican Blackbird ??????

Summary

-We don't know anything about Saban or any other candidate
-We don't appreciate real estate agents trying to move in on the story of the year.
-Decent update on recruiting, which means nothing in the middle of a coaching change for the better.
-Don't know what else to talk about, so let's throw in a bunch of stuff about movie reviews.

Maybe next week we can add zodiac horoscopes and dungeon & dragons strategies for filler.

Since I know members of every layer of the athletic hierarchy will read this column, I'm speaking to all of you … Bill Powers … Steve Patterson … YOLO regents … Mack … Internet posters … all of you.

Ketch says this while Chip posts a column of rank speculation about Powers? Maybe they need to preach to the choir.

Who has the wallet that says "BMF" on it?

Originally posted by longhorn73:
So let me get this straight….

We are basing all of these Saban rumors on 'big fish' stories from Austin realtors.

Wow, I can't believe how gullible the Mods are on this site.
You just made something up in your head because it was the only thing you could find to bitch about.

Originally posted by ToadHallGangster:
Thanks Ketch. Not feeling 2, 3, and 7 on the top 10 however.

I prefer:

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
Pearl Necklace
Francine
Just Got Paid
Backdoor Love Affair
Heard it on the X
Mexican Blackbird

This post was edited on 12/9 7:12 AM by ToadHallGangster
You're not feeling the three best songs and three biggest hits off of the best album they ever created?

Originally posted by Jetexas:
Summary

-We don't appreciate real estate agents trying to move in on the story of the year.
-Decent update on recruiting, which means nothing in the middle of a coaching change for the better.
-Don't know what else to talk about, so let's throw in a bunch of stuff about movie reviews.

Maybe next week we can add zodiac horoscopes and dungeon & dragons strategies for filler.
Whatever it was you were trying to achieve with this post, you failed.

Originally posted by Jetexas:
Summary

Wow, I guess that's one way to sum it up.
alien.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LonghornBuc:
Since I know members of every layer of the athletic hierarchy will read this column, I'm speaking to all of you … Bill Powers … Steve Patterson … YOLO regents … Mack … Internet posters … all of you.

Ketch says this while Chip posts a column of rank speculation about Powers? Maybe they need to preach to the choir.
preaching-to-the-choir1.jpg

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by lilMAC:
Freaking wall of text.
I created a monster this week. One of my best IMO and I've been on a roll lately with this column IMO.
I don't know why, but this quote made me laugh, and think about this guy.

Just be cool.

I don't see anything wrong calling Power's office and registering a respectful opinion regarding Brown's status. The telephone number is easy to access.

ADVERTISEMENT