ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You hear what the realtor said?)

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Where do I even start?)

Originally posted by oldspur:

Since I know members of every layer of the athletic hierarchy will read this column, I'm speaking to all of you … Bill Powers … Steve Patterson … YOLO regents … Mack … Internet posters … all of you.

Just be cool.

I don't see anything wrong calling Power's office and registering a respectful opinion regarding Brown's status. The telephone number is easy to access.
Respectful is being cool. Were there any curse words?

Since I know members of every layer of the athletic hierarchy will read this column, I'm speaking to all of you … Bill Powers … Steve Patterson … YOLO regents … Mack … Internet posters … all of you.

Just be cool.

.. Shogun Rua had the best knockout of the weekend. Yowzers. Forgive me if I never want to be caught with a punch like that for the rest of my life.

1. I feel pretty safe in saying that, rather than being cool, the next 2-3 months in Longhorn land are going to be like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSH0l9NMek)

2. That's a really nice job by Shogun in punching the mat. With Te Huna clearly out, but needing to 'fight until it's stopped' it's nice to see fighters choosing to do it this way.

Originally posted by longhead:
Ketch no Mexican Blackbird ??????
This is the song a few people keep bringing up.

It was in my top 25, but I didn't have it ranked in my top two songs from the Fandango album.

My ZZ Top list goes pretty long without including some of your top songs. Probably to be expected that there would be a perception difference. I've been listening to them longer than you have been alive.

Not completely in order, but top 30 would include...

Just Got Back From Baby's
Enjoy and Get it On
Waitin' for the Bus\Jesus Just Left Chicago
Goin' Down to Mexico
Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings
Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell
Arrested for Driving While Blind
La Grange
Heard it on the X
Snappy Kakkie
Just Got Paid
Lowdown in the Street
Bedroom Thang
Ten Dollar Man
Certified Blues
A Fool for Your Stockings
Balinese
Backdoor Love Affair
Apologies to Pearly
Avalon Highway
Cheap Sunglasses
Precious and Grace
Neighbor, Neighbor
Bar-B-Q
(Somebody Else Been) Shaking Your Tree
Ko Ko Blue
I'm Bad I'm Nationwide
Blue Jean Blues
Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers

So, who listens to the new stuff? Do hard-core fans simply listen to stuff from 1970-83?

This post was edited on 12/9 9:54 AM by Ketchum

Seems to me that rather than Bob Stoops doing such a great coaching job against OSU, OSU played a whole lot against OU like we did against OSU. Clint Chelf wasn't as good as Case McCoy on Saturday.

Just be cool.

I don't see anything wrong calling Power's office and registering a respectful opinion regarding Brown's status. The telephone number is easy to access.

Respectful is being cool. Were there any curse words?

No. No curse words but mostly, surprised, empty air. She said she would give the message and my call back number to Powers...although I suspect it flew to circular file # 13.

Originally posted by Ketchum:
So, who listens to the new Top stuff? Do hard-dcore fans simply listen to stuff from 1970-83?

I've listened to everything they ever recorded. Multiple times. I've tried to find more recent music by Top that I could enjoy more times than Mack Brown has fixed things. But, it's mostly like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The first more recent songs on my list are Sinpusher (live), (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear (Live), 36-22-36, Breakaway, and 2000 Blues. Those would probably be top 50 for me.

So, for me the answer is pretty much yes.

Originally posted by thar0902:
Originally posted by Ketchum:
So, who listens to the new Top stuff? Do hard-dcore fans simply listen to stuff from 1970-83?

I've listened to everything they ever recorded. Multiple times. I've tried to find more recent music by Top that I could enjoy more times than Mack Brown has fixed things. But, it's mostly like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The first more recent songs on my list are Sinpusher (live), (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear (Live), 36-22-36, Breakaway, and 2000 Blues. Those would probably be top 50 for me.

So, for me the answer is pretty much yes.
Agree on 2000 Blues. Underrated track.

All this program needs is a momentum boost and recruiting isn't going to be a problem.

O please spell this out Ketch.

ZZ tops best music was on my grandmothers porch in the late sixties
,Beard is a cousin. When they finally got a job in Galveston they really got serious about their music.
But not as serious about it as car racing and smoking weed,they are all pretty good guys. Billy lives in Sugarland now I think or at least has a home there.--utx

Originally posted by utx:

ZZ tops best music was on my grandmothers porch in the late sixties
,Beard is a cousin. When they finally got a job in Galveston they really got serious about their music.
But not as serious about it as car racing and smoking weed,they are all pretty good guys. Billy lives in Sugarland now I think or at least has a home there.--utx
have you ever smoked weed with the members of zz top?

Originally posted by davidkfan:

Seems everything coming from your post is old news. Just a different spin
Everything?

Just a bunch of words, huh. I got ya.

Jetexas, I think you'll look at things differently if you get yourself a pair of dry pants.

Ketch, the recruiting summary was very interesting. As I read through it, I wondered out loud why our won loss record wasn't any better. Please help.

Signed,

I Just Don't Get It

Originally posted by I Hear Voices:
Jetexas, I think you'll look at things differently if you get yourself a pair of dry pants.

Ketch, the recruiting summary was very interesting. As I read through it, I wondered out loud why our won loss record wasn't any better. Please help.

Signed,

I Just Don't Get It
Because the 2010 and 2011 classes alone aren't enough, especially when 2009 and 2008 were such disasters. On top of that, the impact from 2012 hasn't been as significant as needed and nobody from the 2013 class helped at all this year. None one made a real dent.

Oh, and the quarterback position has been a mess for four years.

Originally posted by youknow:
Think the Cowboys have it in them to win tonight? I'll duck now......
Of course, they have it in them.

No, I think they lose.

Originally posted by Agent Van Alden:
Reed isn't coming back, is he?

Damn.
I think there's a very real chance he leaves. If the second round with upside fits his liking to the degree someone told me over the weekend, then I would say it might be likely.

I have to disagree, Ketch.

The decision on Mack should have been made weeks (months?) ago. Any delay in the announcement should be a sign of indecision, and there is NO PLACE for indecision on the Mack decision. Most of us have a great appreciation for what did up to 2009, but enough is enough. Get the show moving, NOW!

Hook 'em!!!

Originally posted by BRHornz:
I have to disagree, Ketch.

The decision on Mack should have been made weeks (months?) ago. Any delay in the announcement should be a sign of indecision, and there is NO PLACE for indecision on the Mack decision. Most of us have a great appreciation for what did up to 2009, but enough is enough. Get the show moving, NOW!

Hook 'em!!!
I disagree. A delay does not automatically indicate indecision by definition.

Originally posted by ToadHallGangster:
Thanks Ketch. Not feeling 2, 3, and 7 on the top 10 however.

I prefer:

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
Pearl Necklace
Francine
Just Got Paid
Backdoor Love Affair
Heard it on the X
Mexican Blackbird

This post was edited on 12/9 7:12 AM by ToadHallGangster
Eliminator is a pretty good album but the best zz top albums are rio grande mud, tres hombres and fandango in my opinion. although if you are listening to rio grande mud on cd or spotify you are likely not hearing the original versions of those albums anyway. in the 80s they added synth, drum machines, hand claps etc. to those albums. i prefer the original southern guitar blues albums.

Perhaps, but my DELAY in buying Alamo Bowl tickets will be based on my DECISION not to support the athletics department as long as Mack remains the coach. I'll give my $$$ directly to colleges within The University that can be used for scholarships.

The new rallying cry should not be, "Remember the Alamo!" but "Remember Swoopes waste of a redshirt!"

We don't know how things will play out, but I have to wonder if the Regents' meeting may be in response to Powers' DECISION to DELAY a decision on Mack's fate, or his DECISION to be the man DECIDING the decision. I have no idea what I just wrote, but the near future promises to be full of interesting potential delays and decisions. *LOL*.

Interesting times, to say the least.

Hook 'em!!!

Originally posted by BRHornz:
Perhaps, but my DELAY in buying Alamo Bowl tickets will be based on my DECISION not to support the athletics department as long as Mack remains the coach. I'll give my $$$ directly to colleges within The University that can be used for scholarships.

The new rallying cry should not be, "Remember the Alamo!" but "Remember Swoopes waste of a redshirt!"

We don't know how things will play out, but I have to wonder if the Regents' meeting may be in response to Powers' DECISION to DELAY a decision on Mack's fate, or his DECISION to be the man DECIDING the decision. I have no idea what I just wrote, but the near future promises to be full of interesting potential delays and decisions. *LOL*.

Interesting times, to say the least.

Hook 'em!!!
Hodges: [to his new partner] There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and f one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and f'em all"

0099885_10037_MC_Tx304.jpg

Ketch, ever have need for an absolute trustworthy, tight lipped ethical realtor.....Michael and Shelly Kelly Remax1 512-636-5955

Originally posted by Realtor4Horns:
Ketch, ever have need for an absolute trustworthy, tight lipped ethical realtor.....Michael and Shelly Kelly Remax1 512-636-5955
im-sorry-i-cant-hear-yoe-sound-of-how-skeptical-i-am.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT