ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You know I want to say it...)

@Ketchum If we're talking about Hanks best performances, you could leave Ryan off the list. He was great in it but as you said he isn't necessary to the films greatness - lot of guys could have played that role. If your talking about the best movies Hanks was in, this looks about right to me. Except for real you need Philadelphia in there somewhere even if that bumps Toy Story (I think 3 and 4 are basically the same movie so maybe they get one line in the list?)
I could live with Philadelphia being in and Toy Story being out, but it wasn't a performances list... it was a movies list.

If it's a performances list, the entire list gets a shake-up.

If the football team does very well this year, the Brock twins will transfer to Texas because they are Longhorns at heart and their
stampedingsteer said: connection to Sark and the Oline coach.
(Sell) I'm of the opinion that a transfer back home could eventually be in the cards, but I won't go so far as to say it will happen.

Ketch....I heard a rumor that when the twins enrolled in Alabama they were given a huge amount of college credit for High School classes that they would not be given at UT; and that some day if they transfer to UT that the credits given them at Alabama would transfer into UT as accepted complete college courses.

I am not saying that this was the reason they went to Alabama, but if that is the case and they red-shirt in 2021 the twins might be graduate transfers at UT for 2024 (maybe 2023) with 2 (3) years of eligibility.

Any truth to this rumor?

Top 10 Tom Hanks Performances List

10. Saving Private Ryan
9. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
8. Sleepless in Seattle
7. The Money Pit
6. Big
5. Philadelphia
4. A League of Their Own
3. Forrest Gump
2. Captain Phillips
1. Cast Away

If the football team does very well this year, the Brock twins will transfer to Texas because they are Longhorns at heart and their
stampedingsteer said: connection to Sark and the Oline coach.
(Sell) I'm of the opinion that a transfer back home could eventually be in the cards, but I won't go so far as to say it will happen.

Ketch....I heard a rumor that when the twins enrolled in Alabama they were given a huge amount of college credit for High School classes that they would not be given at UT; and that some day if they transfer to UT that the credits given them at Alabama would transfer into UT as accepted complete college courses.

I am not saying that this was the reason they went to Alabama, but if that is the case and they red-shirt in 2021 the twins might be graduate transfers at UT for 2024 (maybe 2023) with 2 (3) years of eligibility.

Any truth to this rumor?
I hadn't heard that.

10. Saving Private Ryan
8. Sleepless in Seattle
7. The Money Pit
6. Big
5. Philadelphia
4. A League of Their Own
3. Forrest Gump
2. Captain Phillips
1. Cast Away
Gump should still be #1

10. Saving Private Ryan
8. Sleepless in Seattle
7. The Money Pit
6. Big
5. Philadelphia
4. A League of Their Own
3. Forrest Gump
2. Captain Phillips
1. Cast Away

on a side note, I ran across In A World... over the weekend...I was going to blow past, but, noticed the cast & a 92% RT score & decided to give it a shot...knowing you're an unapologetic lover of the RomCom I think you'll dig this twist on it

Top 5 depression era gangster movies? go!
in no order
Road to Perdition
Miller's Crossing
Lawless
The Sting
The Untouchables
Once Upon A Time in America
Bonnie and Clyde

Not a movie but I love, love, love, Boardwalk Empire

Reactions: Ketchum
I'm not going to read 7 pages of comments to see if this is redundant. I agree with the guy who said Larry played in a different era, but has Harden had even a third of the signature clutch moments that Bird had? Dude was Gretzky on parquet, going where the ball was going to be. Plus he almost never played selfish, except when perhaps he was in a major trash-talking affair and needed to embarrass somebody. Does Harden trash talk? Every bit as unstoppable, and that's just about where the parallel ends.

on a side note, I ran across In A World... over the weekend...I was going to blow past, but, noticed the cast & a 92% RT score & decided to give it a shot...knowing you're an unapologetic lover of the RomCom I think you'll dig this twist on it

Interesting. Thanks!

The Burbs > Splash

Yea, I said it.
tenor.gif

in no order
Road to Perdition
Miller's Crossing
Lawless
The Sting
The Untouchables
Once Upon A Time in America
Bonnie and Clyde

Not a movie but I love, love, love, Boardwalk Empire
Does. The Sting count?

I'm not going to read 7 pages of comments to see if this is redundant. I agree with the guy who said Larry played in a different era, but has Harden had even a third of the signature clutch moments that Bird had? Dude was Gretzky on parquet, going where the ball was going to be. Plus he almost never played selfish, except when perhaps he was in a major trash-talking affair and needed to embarrass somebody. Does Harden trash talk? Every bit as unstoppable, and that's just about where the parallel ends.
How long have you been holding that in? ;)

Lover of romcoms as well, and would put You've Got Mail above Sleepless. Always makes me want to go to NYC and visit all the places they go to in the movie. And in the Performances list, you've got Big too low. Hanks absolutely NAILS middle school boy. Spot. On. Fun read today!

Lover of romcoms as well, and would put You've Got Mail above Sleepless. Always makes me want to go to NYC and visit all the places they go to in the movie. And in the Performances list, you've got Big too low. Hanks absolutely NAILS middle school boy. Spot. On. Fun read today!
I'm with you, actually. It's my fav.

I'm with you, actually. It's my fav.
So many amazing performances by others in YGM, including Dave Chappell, Parker Posey, Jean Stapleton for the love of God, Steve Zahn and Dabney Coleman. And Meg is just perfect, of course.

So many amazing performances by others in YGM, including Dave Chappell, Parker Posey, Jean Stapleton for the love of God, Steve Zahn and Dabney Coleman. And Meg is just perfect, of course.
Parker steals every scene she's in.

Still an all-timer, no matter what we call it. IT does have gangsters in it.
it's a a movie to scam a gangster in the depression era that's why I initially included. like you said darn good movie

it's a a movie to scam a gangster in the depression era that's why I initially included. like you said darn good movie
Super underrated Robert Shaw is just one os numerous awesome pieces of the movie.

Reactions: cnapp
I hope the light turns on for him, but currently Murphy does not belong within a mile of a discussion with Ewers and Klubnick...

Murphy has some physical tools that make him potentially a special prospect, but he's not yet a special player. He's not better than Ewers or Klubnik, but let's revisit this conversation as his sample size expands. I'm curious to see him once he finds a comfort zone.
One of the things I love most about him is he seems to realize he’s got a lot of learning to do. Rare in this age of “I better be starting by Game 2.”

I hope the light turns on for him, but currently Murphy does not belong within a mile of a discussion with Ewers and Klubnick...
Not as a player, yet.

As a prospect for the next level? Sure, he can.

One of the things I love most about him is he seems to realize he’s got a lot of learning to do. Rare in this age of “I better be starting by Game 2.”
absolutely right. He seems to know where he is and where he still has to go.

How do we quantify what patience in a prospect means in value when he might not need or be able to hit his stride for another three or four years?

Reactions: WhatAboutEggs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT