ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (You know I want to say it...)

I think a lot of kids are waiting to see if they can take visits beginning in June.

This is the first class ever to be made up almost entirely of kids that have never taken visits to the schools they are interested in.

I don't know how to quantify the impact of this anomaly.

It's like 76ish days until June. If you were 17, wouldn't you wait it out for a few weeks and months so that you could take some visits?

I know once a commit recruit decommits then they rarely recommit. I’m wondering if this crazy year and recruiting circumstances changes that. Evan Stewart never even visited Texas before committing.

I know once a commit recruit decommits then they rarely recommit. I’m wondering if this crazy year and recruiting circumstances changes that. Evan Stewart never even visited Texas before committing.
It's a great question.

We need to at least keep in mind how historically different the circumstances of this class are going to be.

The 2023 class won't have the same issues. The 2022 class didn't because the very top recruits had already been able to make a ton of visits as juniors.

It does IMO.

Movies that aren't rewatchable or age poorly get dinged in my eyes.
Can you explain the “aging poorly” point with regards to Philadelphia? I have seen it again recently and find it as emotional and gripping as the first time I watched it.

Can you explain the “aging poorly” point with regards to Philadelphia? I have seen it again recently and find it as emotional and gripping as the first time I watched it.
@tnlonghorns

Here's a famous review of the movie that speaks to some of what I'm talking about. The more time passes, the more these holes become even more noticable IMO.

AnxiousWhiteGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

ADVERTISEMENT