ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

Coward of the County is his 20th best song? WTF?
There are opinions and then there are dumbfounding statements with no merit that make you think less of people...insert the quote from the academic decathalon scene in Billy Madison here.
I said 16-20.;)

Reactions: kreel
Ketch:

It isn't just the mediocre results on the field...the watered down Big 12 doesn't result in any monster games at DKR and the ticket prices and donation levels are overpriced.

Is there any indication from Bellmont that they realize that THEIR bad decisions are having a direct impact on poor season ticket sales? Is there any acknowledgement that perhaps they should be focusing on fixing those problems?

You'll review a spare like Kenny Rogers and not Vince Guaraldi, Stan Getz or Steely Dan? What in the hell.

The unit rankings are pretty sobering. That looks like the makings of a .500 team. Hoping we can catch lightning in a bottle like ten times in a row.
A spare?

qtswl.gif

When did Marcus Vick ever cash a fat check?? Sad thing is, there is some truth to what he says....otherwise, why would ANY woman hang out with Mayweather after his 5 convictions.....do they think they're gonna change him?
I would offer that those women represent the extreme minority of the overall numbers.

Sorry, but Gambler doesn't warrant higher rank than Lady. Why do you overthink it? You say it doesn't get any better for Kenny than "Lady" then your promptly rank it behind the Gambler. And you can't leave out "You Decorated by My Life."

Sorry, but Gambler doesn't warrant higher rank than Lady. Why do you overthink it? You say it doesn't get any better for Kenny than "Lady" then your promptly rank it behind the Gambler. And you can't leave out "You Decorated by My Life."
Come on, it's the song that he is easily the most associated by. 30+ years later and he's still doing commercials paying homage to it.

It is his signature song.

Very little coverage of the one ongoing sport, with a huge anvil hanging over the coach.
I'm sure the clicks will bear out that baseball doesn't warrant much coverage until the playoffs. It's like MLB, which is unpopular with the majority of sports fans until August.

Just because they made a few sh*tty movies from it doesn't make it his best. It's not a better effort than Lady. Really not even close.

Considering the UT athletic department folks are concerned about ticket renewals at 7-5, I can only imagine what 5-7 would bring. Vegas O/U for UT this season is probably going to be 6-5. Key to the season is beating ND in the first game (doable), because that Cal contest in the third week is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Wait, WHAT? You think ND is doable but Cal is a nightmare?

WTF?

His wife is raped, and he locks the rapists in a bar and proceeds to take them out one by one. That's just about the definition of a classic country song.
But he didn't anything about Momma or trains or prison or getting drunk - so it can't be classic country.

Just because they made a few sh*tty movies from it doesn't make it his best. It's not a better effort than Lady. Really not even close.
It's his signature song. Better effort doesn't matter in some cases.

I was bummed to see Sheroid Evans sustain yet another injury after finally coming back to run with the #1s. Does he have a legit chance of coming back in 2015 or is he on the road for another medical redshirt?

I was bummed to see Sheroid Evans sustain yet another injury after finally coming back to run with the #1s. Does he have a legit chance of coming back in 2015 or is he on the road for another medical redshirt?
Coaches are leaving open the possibility that he plays this season.

Also, I will conceed that Cowards of the Country should have made the list in retrospect.

What is the level of crisis inside the program regarding Clarington? He's a potentially key piece to this offense that we've missed for going on a decade.

Texas can and should be significantly better in 2015.

You have a now experienced QB who took every snap last year and has some legit competition. He has issues but people forget all the praise he was getting after performances against OU and others. The OL should be much better or Wickline is not doing his job. With about 20 WRs on scholarship, they will find playmakers even if young.

D looks pretty solid esp with best frosh LB class in country.

This should not be another year of excuses.

That Devonaire Clarington situation stings.

A 7.5 grade for DT seems a shade low.

To the note about Eric Huhn, is he even healthy or participating in anything right now? Kid is a bit of an enigma at this point, but I have always held out hope for him...

What is the level of crisis inside the program regarding Clarington? He's a potentially key piece to this offense that we've missed for going on a decade.
They are hopeful, but not ultra-optimistic.

Ketch, you saying our tight ends are simply pedestrian in their skills set? Like average as average can be? I didn't get that impression during the Spring game.
What did you see?

Texas can and should be significantly better in 2015.

You have a now experienced QB who took every snap last year and has some legit competition. He has issues but people forget all the praise he was getting after performances against OU and others. The OL should be much better or Wickline is not doing his job. With about 20 WRs on scholarship, they will find playmakers even if young.

D looks pretty solid esp with best frosh LB class in country.

This should not be another year of excuses.

Yeah, I'm not so sure. The defense is nowhere near the unit that existed a year ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT