4) Florida
5) TCU
6) Ohio State
7) OU
8) A&M
9) Michigan State
10) Baylor

JMO

Bama? By what measure should they be ranked ahead of Florida? Exclusively past performance...Nothing this season would indicate they should be.
I guess you slept through the weekend.

I guess you slept through the weekend.
I'm guessing you bought in to the notion that Georgia is a really good football team.

If so, based on what? Besides preseason rankings and SEC hype train of course. Also, could you list the big games Mark Richt has ever won, at home or on the road. I'll hang up and listen.

How is Alabama dominating Georgia more impressive than Florida dominating the team that already beat Alabama?

I'm guessing you bought in to the notion that Georgia is a really good football team.

If so, based on what? Besides preseason rankings and SEC hype train of course. Also, could you list the big games Mark Richt has ever won, at home or on the road. I'll hang up and listen.

How is Alabama dominating Georgia more impressive than Florida dominating the team that already beat Alabama?
a. Georgia is a really good team, just not a great team.
b. Based on every Mark Richt team.
c. He's had his team in six SEC title games.
d. I won't argue anyone putting Florida at No.1

You guys that are casually dismissing A&M's start... well, I know why you'd want to, but again, they didn't beat Arizona State and Mississippi State, they smoked/outclassed them. At this early stage, that's as impressive as anyone else's resume.
Are we talking about the same Mississippi State that struggled with Auburn? The same Arizona State that struggled with California Polytechnic?

a. Georgia is a really good team, just not a great team.
b. Based on every Mark Richt team.
c. He's had his team in six SEC title games.
d. I won't argue anyone putting Florida at No.1
C. How many would he have played in had he been in the SEC West instead of the pathetic East? Again name big game he has won. Just one.

Texas should never hire a coordinator as a head coach or a guy without major skins on the wall.

Period.

Understand the thought, and it's fine, so long as you can live with not having the most talented guy...assuming you can't get the one or two experienced guys that everyone would view as sure things. And I mean everyone, or those that don't agree will start ripping at the program first opportunity.

SEC is extremely overrated. They got their ass handed to them last bowl season for a reason.

A&M hasn't really beaten anyone worth a crap. Arky?? They lost to Toledo. Az St is a decent win but they're a middle of the pack Pac-12 team.

Bama lost to an okay Ole Miss team that just was waxed against an average Florida team.

But you needed to put something in there that would cause a bunch of replies

You really believe that? If those teams play 10 times on a neutral field, Ole Miss wins.... (fill in the rest of the sentence).

This is a ridiculous take... I believe they lost AT HOME to Ole Miss.. and it wasn't even really a game until the 4th quarter. Ideas like this is why we see LSU vs Alabama rematches in the championship game. Oh, and Florida just spanked the mess out of Ole Miss, too.

Alabama #1... give me a break.... top 7? Maybe so. #1? Lulz

C. How many would he have played in had he been in the SEC West instead of the pathetic East? Again name big game he has won. Just one.
Still waiting.

I can't take "he got to SEC title games" seriously when Gary Pinkel goes over there and wins the East in two of his first 3 seasons in the conference.

Putting the Bama/Ole Miss/A&M/Baylor arguments aside, are we just going to gloss over the fact that Ketch has declared this Texas team a 50/50 coin toss against Kansas State? I mean, I think KSU is a little down this year, even though they're 3-1, but as someone who was a college student UT when we entered the Big 12, I've personally watched Bill Snyder beat us down in every way possible time after time after time and now, we expect this 1-4 Texas team who just got embarrassed in Fort Worth and will be embarrassed in Dallas, with no offensive or defensive identity and an internal struggle, to even compete with KSU? Bill Snyder will be licking his chops. Besides the fact that Bill Snyder's team improves with every game. 50/50? That's orange kool-aid.

You really believe that? If those teams play 10 times on a neutral field, Ole Miss wins.... (fill in the rest of the sentence).
What you are speaking about is a what if scenario based on what they look like against different opposition. What is known however is the fact that Ole Miss went up to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama in their own back yard. That's tougher to do than beating them on a neutral field in a best of series.

Reactions: doughty77
Texas may have played one of the toughest schedules in the entire country, but we are the only FBS team in the entire country that is ranked 100th or worse in total offense, total defense, 3rd down offense, and 3rd down defense (and we are actually ranked 111th or worse in all 4 categories). A couple that Ketch left out, we are 93rd in scoring offense and 113th in scoring defense. After the OU game, we are most likely to slide down into the 100's in all 6 categories.

The longer we wait to get rid of Strong, the longer it will be before Texas has any chance of being competitive on the field. If you give him one more year, you will destroy any chance of the 2016 OR 2017 recruiting classes to be successful, and the very good 2015 class will never be given the talent in following classes to help it succeed. One more year for Strong means we re-start the rebuild in 2018, we are not improved until 2019, and we are not competing for championships until 2020. If we hire the right coach at the end of this year, we still have a chance of successful recruiting classes in 2017 and 2018, and then you might be able to really compete for the playoffs in 2018 when the current freshman class are all seniors.

This team stinks and it is the direct reflection of "coaching." Anything else written is only scenery.

Reactions: hookembass
I don't know who to place in that slot other than the team I think is the best. All the undefeated options give me the shakes.

Plus, the pre-season poll is nothing but a prediction for what we think things will look like at the end of the season. I believe at the end of the season Alabama will be viewed as the best team in the country.

I thought earlier you were comparing what teams have done so far, not predicting the future?

And undefeated teams give you the shakes, but not a team that has already lost??? Weird take

The only problem with Chad Morris being the Texas Longhorns football coach is that the fan base will not allow this to happen. He is an Aggie and the fan base wants a liberal coach.

Should have had Patterson's quote "I've beaten better with less"; man has balls and backed it up.

"… the days of bringing up Mack Brown’s sins as the head football coach in the last half-decade on the job are over." - Ketchum

You can't just dismiss the watered down roster Mack left, because it's the root cause of this team's underperformance. Strong could've made some better staff decisions, but the unavoidable reality is that you aren't going to be competitive with top-ranked teams unless your upperclassmen are capable of matching-up.

I've got doubts about Strong. But, considering how far down the program really was, he probably hasn't had enough time to recruit and show what he's capable of.

Reactions: Neoprene
Starting to get to the point that I wouldn't be the least surprised if aggy wins the SEC. Watching their offense is sooo depressing as a horn fan. And with the pass rush they can get is causing opposing offenses tons of problems. FML.

Reactions: texasguyto
Are we talking about the same Mississippi State that struggled with Auburn? The same Arizona State that struggled with California Polytechnic?
Sam Arizona State team that just smoked UCLA and the same Mississippi State team that I respect as at least a solid team.

Reactions: texasguyto
Man, I'd have to look it up.

Name the win/performance that was better than the one that went down this weekend in Athens. Just one.

Understand the thought, and it's fine, so long as you can live with not having the most talented guy...assuming you can't get the one or two experienced guys that everyone would view as sure things. And I mean everyone, or those that don't agree will start ripping at the program first opportunity.
You can't take a chance on repeating what is happening now. By God, be Texas, just once.

ADVERTISEMENT