ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray > Lincoln Riley for 2018

HornsRuleU

Dec 5, 2005
Texas
In 2018, Kyler Murray will make $4.76 million.

Lincoln Riley? 3.x mill.

"No problem, coach. This one's on me."

Reactions: q1w2e3
But if he ends up being as good as advertised he will probably get his coach a nice raise. So it all works out.

I can't imagine Oakland agreed to giving him 4.7 w/o injury insurance or contract stipulations
Yeah, what I read initially made it sound like it was a done deal, and it isn't. But the slot value of a #9 pick is $4.76 mill, whatever that means.

Taking the field in the Cotton Bowl on October 6 will be the worst decision young Kyler ever made

Reactions: q1w2e3
Bigger problem is that if the kid is focusing on baseball during the summer, doubt he will be a starter anyway. It takes more than quick feet to play QB. Lots of time studying the playbook, learning the routes, options, etc... RB is one of the only ones you can just step in and play. It's not like he's the only option OU will have at QB. It was neck and neck going into fall camp anyway. This may be a non story by the time it's all done.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Gonna be a good game either way.

Agreed.....I still have to hand it to you. I will never again hear the name Kyler Murray without thinking of what you posted on here...."he is hard to catch" I laugh every time. Thanks for that. I give you the same pass I gave Fizzwilley( whom I miss by the way)
Glad to see you are still around.

OU still sucks by the way....

Reactions: HornsRuleU
The more I think about this.....the more it pisses me off!...Why in hell do we care who OU trots out there? This discussion has gotten aggy like IMO. I want OU to come into the RRS at full strength with no injuries and I want to whip the ass right off them.

I want us to win because we are better and improved. Who says KM will win that job anyway? If Herman is the guy we all hope he is, we will be just fine even if they trot out Tom Brady.

The more I think about this.....the more it pisses me off!...Why in hell do we care who OU trots out there? This discussion has gotten aggy like IMO. I want OU to come into the RRS at full strength with no injuries and I want to whip the ass right off them.

I want us to win because we are better and improved. Who says KM will win that job anyway? If Herman is the guy we all hope he is, we will be just fine even if they trot out Tom Brady.

It really shouldnt matter. I think secretly texas fans know that he's talented and dangerous and that a guy like him is hard to contain. Any qb with wheels like that is going to be dangerous and it makes sense that they really seem to have developed a pretty healthy amount of hate for a guy they haven't even played. Could be nerves, I know I get nervous when my team is facing what could be a game breaking qb who can turn a possible sack into 6 points at any moment. I cant think of any other reason why every texas board seems has a thread on him. We dont have threads on our boards about any of your qbs.

I know texas is improved and i know they will win more. Makes sense you want to see 'em successful, i do too because it would indirectly affect OU in a positive way provided the good guys win the RRR again this year. I bet Murray takes it, or that Riley thinks he will because honestly if he wasn't nearly a shoe in for the job I am not sure he wouldn't just start his pro baseball career and not risk an injury being a backup qb.

Agreed.....I still have to hand it to you. I will never again hear the name Kyler Murray without thinking of what you posted on here...."he is hard to catch" I laugh every time. Thanks for that. I give you the same pass I gave Fizzwilley( whom I miss by the way)
Glad to see you are still around.

OU still sucks by the way....

Hey it's true (that he's hard to catch). Sure he's as breakable as the next 170 lb guy, but he'll be as easy to catch as the average greased pig. So even if you do hit him it may not be easy to lay a good square back breaking hit on him. Either way all qbs are human so next man up!

I'll always be around, I'm awesome.

I think you are right DH Horn. He's an idiot to come back and play 1 year at OU when he has a lot to lose. We should still stomp those pricks this year either way.

I’m would be be willing to bet he’s probably taken out a pretty comprehensive injury policy just in case it’s needed. I’m sure he’ll be fine one way or another.

I think you are right DH Horn. He's an idiot to come back and play 1 year at OU when he has a lot to lose. We should still stomp those pricks this year either way.

Nah. OU will probably be a touchdown favorite by the time this game rolls around.

You should also be prepared for us to win another CC.

Have a nice day brah.

well.....OU is the favorite to repeat, so the odds are good that the end result may be exactly that.

OK, I guess the bookies will not even bother taking bets on the Big 12 this year as the outcome is already known. No sense in risking injury by actually playing any games as there is no hope of changing the already known results.....I dont know what the advertisers will do with all that extra cash they no longer need to dole out for TV games...Wow!...I will have so much extra time and money I may just travel all fall.

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
well.....OU is the favorite to repeat, so the odds are good that the end result may be exactly that.

OK, I guess the bookies will not even bother taking bets on the Big 12 this year as the outcome is already known. No sense in risking injury by actually playing any games as there is no hope of changing the already known results.....I dont know what the advertisers will do with all that extra cash they no longer need to dole out for TV games...Wow!...I will have so much extra time and money I may just travel all fall.
Finally, someone that gets it.

Reactions: oldhorn2
We would have kicked OU's ass last year if it wasn't for Mayfield and that good TE. Aren' they both gone now... I also think the defense under Riley will get worse each year. I predict another close game.

I truly believe that Riley is at the top of the OC’s in cfb. If he gets a defense OU will be tough.

ADVERTISEMENT