ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn Band

Hopefully the band director now has gotten the message from Hartsell about The Eyes. The band director should poll every LHB member on their willingness to play The Eyes. Those who say no should be shown the door. I guarantee you there are kids coming out of HS who would line up to join the LHB and will have no problem playing The Eyes.

Seriously, a requirement for joining LHB should be that you must play The Eyes. If it goes against your religion, then good luck to you while you attend the otherwise racist Universiry of Texas.
Yes, or maybe just you will play what music sheet we put in front of you. Otherwise, take your trombone to another college. I doubt we’ll have any trouble finding other trombone players.

Yes, or maybe just you will play what music sheet we put in front of you. Otherwise, take your trombone to another college. I doubt we’ll have any trouble finding other trombone players.

Well yes. Just that. Longhorn Band. The Eyes of Texas. They go hand in hand. Period. The end.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Somewhere along the line people forgot that it is an honor to play in the Longhorn marching band and these idiots are not needed. The fact that they think the tail wags the dog just shows how out of touch they are. I don't know how many of them are on scholarship but all of those that refuse to play need to be kicked off and any bad scholarship they have taken away.

They can be a woke regular student and pay for their own schooling or go somewhere else.

The university is supposed to teach critical thinking, but not at the expense of logic and self preservation. Changing the world doesn't start by destroying your home. Accept that people are people and make mistakes and they aren't perfect but even the most imperfect people can build something good. The University is good and it has good traditions, don't like them well leave and find one you do like.

Bottom line is, these woke SJW's are "offended" because they're told to be offended. Funny how the cancel culture walked past monuments, statues, products on store shelves, books, sang songs, etc. for decades with no problem. Then suddenly they're "offended" by this kind of stuff. Idiots. :rolleyes:

It's called you know better, you do better. You like being stuck on stupid huh.

Holy crap, that is blh

I thought something stank in here.

If you don't like something, you can bitch and cry about it, or you can change it, if it won't change feel free to disassociate from it.

It's not a hard concept to grasp. The vast majority of those who attended the University of Texas wants to keep the EOT, thus we are keeping it. Don't like it? Feel free to pick a new school, there are lots out there.

ADVERTISEMENT