ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

Injuries are such a pain in the ass. I know you have to practice to get better but can we not have a little luck in the injury department one year.

I wish there were a site that tracked injuries (type, severity, duration) for all teams over the years.

I realize that my attention is overwhelmingly directed toward a single program, but I’d be stunned if someone could prove that we haven’t been getting disproportionately f*cked by injuries for almost every season of this miserable decade.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I wish there were a site that tracked injuries (type, severity, duration) for all teams over the years.

I realize that my attention is overwhelmingly directed toward a single program, but I’d be stunned if someone could prove that we haven’t been getting disproportionately f*cked by injuries for almost every season of this miserable decade.

This year USC is having issues as well and this is after a lot of players missed spring ball.

The toughest challenge to open this season to me is very soft.
Their players are missing practice a lot.
I guess because they do not feel like they need to work

No kidding. Last season there were two positions that couldn’t afford injuries: OL and QB. Of course disaster happened.

This year it’s LB

Don't know if y'all heard but the starters in the scrimmage for the OL was surprising
LT Calvin Anderson
LG Patrick Vahe
C Derek Kerstetter
RG Zach Shackelford
RT Denzel Okofor

According to reports Tope Imode was the best RG and Kerstetter looks like a NFL center.

We runnin' the fvck outta linebackers, rapidly. We've got more dings than the dating show.

We runnin' the fvck outta linebackers, rapidly. We've got more dings than the dating show.

Orlando says he might use his lighting package with multiple looks up front.

The D is versatile. I heard Graham might play a big part in the game.

Like I said before the first half gives Joseph Ossai a chance to play and shine.

Maryland according to Matt Canada will be looking to use their depth at RB in the slot so Bonney Locke and Thompson will be important.

I am worried about Davis cause he and Boyd form a great tandem on the corners

He's doing it now because he has his reasons for doing so. Not sure why some consider it a "problem".
It’s not a problem... As long as he wins. Saban gets to act the way he does because he has ring. No way he’d get away with some of his shit if he had a mediocre recored.

It’s not a problem... As long as he wins. Saban gets to act the way he does because he has ring. No way he’d get away with some of his shit if he had a mediocre recored.

For the most part but the rumor in Tuscaloosa is that if Hurts is the starter against Louisville Saban will get a brick through his window

The 9.95ers have to put their own spin on things.
Especially when they think their predictions are used.

I hate spring and fall camps because I can't see things for myself and have to go by people who want to be proven right.
If you read their stuff it is like they witnessed something totally different.

Calvin Anderson is a perfect example.
Is he overmatched or is he someone like what some say that can play the position at an above average level.

I think some people don't want to be proven wrong when they gave him 2 stars out of Westlake.

I guess Eric Cuffee found out where he was slotted on the depth chart, as he just announced he is transferring to TVCC

I guess Eric Cuffee found out where he was slotted on the depth chart, as he just announced he is transferring to TVCC

Bonney also transferring out as a grad transfer.

That stellar DB class already changing things.

Wasn't Bonney slated to play a pretty decent role this coming year?

Yeah up until spring camp and even more in fall camp.
BJ Foster and Caden Sterns will cut in his playing time.

Bonney competed with Sterns but it was not even close.

Locke and Thompson would have been tough to lose but Bonney even though he could still add depth is not irreplaceable

Heard and Beck are the last two Mack recruits.
You mean our answer at QB finally? The record holder with 527 yards of total offense in a single game?

"Welcome back from the quarterback wilderness, Texas Longhorns fans.

Wash off the years of dirt, trim that overgrown beard, and throw away those sweat-caked clothes -- redshirt freshman Jerrod Heard is the answer to years of prayers."

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/9/20/9360671/jerrod-heard-texas-longhorns-school-record

So weird to think back.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I read that neither QB has separated himself from the other....because both are playing very well. I also read that we should not be surprised to see Buschele come out on top...something about him looking like a bit of a smaller Colt McCoy. ...Keyonte Ingrahm is impressing hell out of the coaches. What I need to see is the Clob report.

Still throws the out route like a wad of notebook paper on a windy day.

I read that neither QB has separated himself from the other....because both are playing very well. I also read that we should not be surprised to see Buschele come out on top...something about him looking like a bit of a smaller Colt McCoy. ...Keyonte Ingrahm is impressing hell out of the coaches. What I need to see is the Clob report.

Sam Ehlinger is the starter.
There really is no competition.
Buechele still has not shown the ability to lead a team.
His body language is horrible and he does not lead a huddle.

Ehlinger might have been a crappy general last year but he was a 1 star General.
Now he is leading the team like a 3 star Major General.

His play on the field has improve to where he fully understands the playbook and he is playing chess out there.
Checking out of plays based on defensive looks

Bonney going to Tech and Texas Tech returns 10 starters on defense, including its entire secondary.

Tech could be good this year.
Same as K State because they return their OL. Best in the country.

Bonney is a good player but he could not compete with younger hungrier talent.
Jalen Green and Anthony Cook are the main reasons he is gone.
Bonney was going to be used mainly for special teams.

Same thing Carmelo will have to learn with the Rockets this year

Would you rather be a top scorer on a horrible team or a role player on a championship quality team.

Did Texas let go of Bonny to Tech? Is there a story about this? Did we find someone else better without a Twitter acct?

Hook'em

Sam Ehlinger is the starter.
There really is no competition.
Buechele still has not shown the ability to lead a team.
His body language is horrible and he does not lead a huddle.

Ehlinger might have been a crappy general last year but he was a 1 star General.
Now he is leading the team like a 3 star Major General.

His play on the field has improve to where he fully understands the playbook and he is playing chess out there.
Checking out of plays based on defensive looks

I will stand by what I wrote until Clob comes on here with his eye witness (not second hand) report. By the way....Both QB's are checking plays at the line of scrimmage and changing as needed....both.

I will stand by what I wrote until Clob comes on here with his eye witness (not second hand) report. By the way....Both QB's are checking plays at the line of scrimmage and changing as needed....both.

I think clob's been too busy running around NB telling everybody how awesome he is. Lol

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT