ADVERTISEMENT

Looking over the Spring Roster and ..

madcow12

Jan 13, 2010
WTF was mack doing ????? the spring practice roster makes zero sense. We have Swoopes, Heard, Vinklarek, Holtz, Greenwood. I sure hope we can get Merrick on board. Looks like we are at 84 right now so hell, give him the last one.

Greenwood, really ? This 167 lb QB is a walk on so he is not using a scholarship but 167lbs ? What did the strong staff see in this guy ?

http://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5896&path=football

I think you OP says it all. He's a walk on. There is certainly plenty of reasons to criticize Mack, and every single one of them is beating a dead horse at this point. The quality of his walkons is about the stupidest criticism yet. Not to mention we don't know a single thing about him other than his name, weight, and height. Was Strong an idiot for trying to flip Kyler Murray?

Yeah so Mack isn't the coach any more. Strong is. And while he inherited some of Macks players, especially at QB. He has also run plenty off. And he has had over a full year now to add kids in 2 recruiting cycles. Along with two full spring transfer cycles.

We all knew QB was a long standing issue. It is now on Strong that the position hasn't been addressed more fully. Mack left it a certain way and so far Strong whiffed on xfers last year like Wittik, M.Brewer, and other. And Strong (not Mack) lost out on Gentry and only brought in a GS in Merrick this past recruiting class. And looks like Strong is missing on the EWU kid and others this offseason.

You don't get anywhere by blaming everyone else for problems you are paid to fix. I deal in results, not excuses. And part of what I love about Strong and his regime is they get that. Mack helped get it this way. And one of Strongs key fixes that he and the whole world knew about when he took the job was we needed short term and long term QB fix. To this point, they have had plenty of time to make positive moves at the position. And some of that blame now lays on them.

I mean c'mon. Its not like they didn't know QB was a problem area and were forced for 1.5 years now to have to play Macks guys and continue to do so for how long? How long do you make excuses for Strong failing now to address the issue? Mack sure f'd it up. But I just don't see the urgency Strong needed to fix it. And it cost us last year.

A blind monkey could have told you Ash was a sneeze away from calling it a career and that whomever the staff entrusted as the backup needed to be ready.

Originally posted by jsto60:
Yeah so Mack isn't the coach any more. Strong is. And while he inherited some of Macks players, especially at QB. He has also run plenty off. And he has had over a full year now to add kids in 2 recruiting cycles. Along with two full spring transfer cycles.

We all knew QB was a long standing issue. It is now on Strong that the position hasn't been addressed more fully. Mack left it a certain way and so far Strong whiffed on xfers last year like Wittik, M.Brewer, and other. And Strong (not Mack) lost out on Gentry and only brought in a GS in Merrick this past recruiting class. And looks like Strong is missing on the EWU kid and others this offseason.

You don't get anywhere by blaming everyone else for problems you are paid to fix. I deal in results, not excuses. And part of what I love about Strong and his regime is they get that. Mack helped get it this way. And one of Strongs key fixes that he and the whole world knew about when he took the job was we needed short term and long term QB fix. To this point, they have had plenty of time to make positive moves at the position. And some of that blame now lays on them.

I mean c'mon. Its not like they didn't know QB was a problem area and were forced for 1.5 years now to have to play Macks guys and continue to do so for how long? How long do you make excuses for Strong failing now to address the issue? Mack sure f'd it up. But I just don't see the urgency Strong needed to fix it. And it cost us last year.

A blind monkey could have told you Ash was a sneeze away from calling it a career and that whomever the staff entrusted as the backup needed to be ready.
ding..ding..ding...and u are the winner. My point being that now we are heading into a second spring and the QB depth chart was worse than last year and You missed the point completely bubba. Yes, mack left us in a complete shit hole because of the QB situation but nothing has been done to fix that. Most of us here said that Ash would not make it a whole season, hell, most said he would not make it 2 games. Lets say heard wins the job...guess who his backup will be. That is why I said bring in merrick.

I said this in the other thread. But in the dream scenario, Heard turns out to be say JT Barrett. Except he is one hit away from going down and Swoopes is no Braxton Miller or Cardale Jones.

I think the staff has to do the best job they can with the bodies they have on campus. But thus far, they have failed at getting in more bodies. They lost out on Wittik and other xfer possibilities last year. And look to be losing out on realistic shots at kids, some of which are begging to come here, who have experience. Like the UH kid (hell Jameis Winston tweeted out he is the next UT QB). And the Blinn kid Hubenek. And the EWU grad xfer. Among others.

I wish they had more urgency and aggression taking a two pronged attack. Looking at youth like Heard, Gentry, Merrick, Locksley, etc. And also bringing in guys with experience like Wittik or M.Brewer or Braughman (the kid who went to TCU last year) or C.Brewer and on and on this year.

I mean its only the most important position on the field and one of the biggest dearth for a while now at UT. Which is only magnified by the many changes at OL. So how about addressing it finally Mack.......whoops HE ISN'T THE COACH ANYMORE AND HASN'T BEEN FOR LIKE A YEAR AND A HALF NOW. Stop blaming him. That is how you lose your job. Blaming others and making excuses for a job you were paid to fix.

I did completely miss your point because I misread the last line of you post about Strong. I misread that as Mack. So I assume this was a bash Mack because he had a 167lb walk on as if that means anything.

In other news, I hired a plumber a few weeks back to fix my upstairs bathroom.

He came in and blamed the builder of the house. Cried about the last plumber for the patch work he did. He struggled to fix the job for a while and when I questioned him about when I might see some results he ranted about the cities hard water. And my use of bleach in the toilet. I'm thinking about firing him. Because I am tired of the excuses and just want a working toilet and sink (to which I could hire any bum off the side of Home Depot or could just do it myself).

But instead I am going to keep paying him to blow smoke up my butt and blame others and not to do the job I paid him to do. Because that is just more fun...isn't it????

He came in and blamed the builder of the house. Cried about the last plumber for the patch work he did. He struggled to fix the job for a while and when I questioned him about when I might see some results he ranted about the cities hard water. And my use of bleach in the toilet. I'm thinking about firing him. Because I am tired of the excuses and just want a working toilet and sink (to which I could hire any bum off the side of Home Depot or could just do it myself).

But instead I am going to keep paying him to blow smoke up my butt and blame others and not to do the job I paid him to do. Because that is just more fun...isn't it????
In Strong's defense I don't think he is blaming the previous staff, it's just some of the fans are doing that for him.

Originally posted by bubba2023:

In Strong's defense I don't think he is blaming the previous staff, it's just some of the fans are doing that for him.

Oh I know. Thats why I said this in my first post "You don't get anywhere by blaming everyone else for problems you are paid to fix. I deal in results, not excuses. And part of what I love about Strong and his regime is they get that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT