ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

Originally posted by HornSolo:

Now this will get me off the mack brown fence if true.....

I'm confused as to why you are still on it regardless.

Not one to ever do this, but THIS at THIS time of Longhorn football?????

In on page one
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by kayur:

Originally posted by HornSolo:

I'm confused as to why you are still on it regardless.
This. 5-9 against OU with 4 blowouts including the last 2. Barely over .500 overall and below .500 in Big 12 the last 3+ years and you are still on the fence?

Something is going on with Mack and former players in the media b/c one particular guy that gets bagged on for not being very good on air on this site has been VERY pro Mack and the team since they lost to BYU especially on facebook. This guy never really posted about the team or Mack until a couple of weeks ago and it's been all fluff and pompoms since.

I thouggt mack demanded similar of g erbie and the espn crew last year or the year before.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Next thing you know, Mack is going to count the spring game as a win and start claiming National Championships from a half century ago.

People still being in support of Mack is the more surprising aspect of this thread. It has derailed. Baylor currently has a better program.

Originally posted by LogDog55:
So you've gone from protective, inside the program person to a leaker of damning insider stories in a matter of two weeks? Who are you?
Maybe he IS Rod Babers?

Mack is not the easy going, let's do everything above board guy that everyone thinks he is. Truth of the matter is that he is an insecure, paranoid, control freak. Saban is a complete jerk, control freak as well. Main difference is that Saban has won more titles.

Neither one are guys I'd really want running my program.

Hook em

Originally posted by HornSolo

So multiple thrashing at the hands of ou, getting our asses handed to us by BYU and Ole Miss and what looks to be 4 straight years of mediocre to downright bad football wasn't enough? I guess threatening Babers if he doesn't toe the company line is where you draw the line. Weird.

Didn't Mack call a random fan one time because he didn't like his quote in a NY Times article?

I mean, this isn't hard to believe. He's had talks with Brian Jones and Jesse Palmer as well.

Sick and damn tired of Mack Brown. Running OUR program into the ground like Obama is running OUR Country into the ground. Listened to Tim Brando show while driving to an appointment this morning and he had Mack on the show. He is the biggest politician in college sports and WE NEED TO FIRE HIS SORRY A$$ THIS YEAR. The University of Texas needs a new coach that will bring new energy to the program, in which Mack has sucked out of the program the pass 4 years. Get the Hell out Mack and take Betty Crocker with you!!

Not to flame or anything, but didn't you drop your bomb a couple weeks ago and say that you wouldn't post anything else?
have things gotten worse, is that why you're back?

I am not on the Mack Brown band wagon, but don't think that the team(coach/owner/GM) calling out their OWN radio team asking them to be positive or in this case not negative is really a new thing. Not saying it's necessrily right, but if I had the pied radio show/network, I'm pretty sure I'd hope that we could be on the same page to at least some extent.

Originally posted by lilMAC:
My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:34 AM by lilMAC
You are nuts if you think Belmont doesn't control what goes on over at KVET. They hire and fire anyone associated with the broadcast. Brian Jones had basically the same conversation years ago with Mack.

I am sure one of you guys here knows Rod Babers. Give him a call and verify the post. It wouldn't surprise. When there is that much money, prestige, ego involved...most coaches want things their way or else. Unfortunately, for Mack the Orangebloods Nation has begun to see him for what he truly is..an emperor with no clothes.

I have a good friend that is a former player and Mack won't allow him around practices anymore because he spoke his mind on the radio one day regarding the program. I can believe it.

Originally posted by mbecker327
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Next thing you know, Mack is going to count the spring game as a win and start claiming National Championships from a half century ago.

Well played sir.

Originally posted by amie:
Originally posted by lilMAC:
My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:34 AM by lilMAC
You are nuts if you think Belmont doesn't control what goes on over at KVET. They hire and fire anyone associated with the broadcast. Brian Jones had basically the same conversation years ago with Mack.
Didn't read the entire thread, did ya?

If Mack is still all concerned about this then it really worries me that him being gone next year is not a foregone conclusion. Barf.

Unless you are Babers I would think you are not doing him any favors by posting this on a public board that supposedly all the
Longhorn brass reads. Maybe I am wrong but where does Mack Brown have the authority to hire and fire the LHN people. Maybe he has power of suggestion to those who do? Either way Babers isn't helping himself by having this published.

Ketch claims to have been read the riot act several times. Obviously Mack doesn't have the power to fire him though. Does anyone doubt that if Mack had the power to fire Ketch he wouldn't?

We have known that Bellmont tries to control the message. I don't know if this paticular story is true, but it's certainly not hard to believe.

If true (which I have no doubt it is) then it shows that Brown has every intention of being back next year to burn this thing further to the ground.

Burn it down Brown burn it down!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT